Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
More trivia.....sorry, for the disjointedness.

State Parliament is also nearby, across the street and down a bit.

news.com.au ‏@newscomauHQ 1m1 minute ago

#breaking We have now heard that all airspace in the #Sydney city has been shut down. #martinplace #Lindt cafe http://bit.ly/1yRy6tg

Channel 9 spoke to a staff member who turned up for work and couldn't get in. Far out, he'll be thanking his lucky stars.

Watching TV and seeing a woman pressed against the window, wiping away tears is heartbreaking. My legs re shaking and I'm sitting down. My baby girl is at the movies with her school this morning and I'm sure she'll be fine, but all I want is for her to be home with me. I'm never leaving the house again.....

Hugs. Be brave and don't give up hope. France, South Africa and other countries have had success in negotiating with ISIS. Maybe these guys are open to negotiation too - if they were not, it would seem more likely they'd have used a bomb, not taken hostages.

Terrible news thanks for all your updates and posts. I thought something like this might happen sometime soon but desperately hoped it wouldn't. Please please let this end without fatalities. Sending my hugs and support to all of you in Aus.

Opera House evacuated - suspicious package found = sheeeeeesh

Thanks for all your posts and updates. Please please let this end without any fatalities I dreaded something like this happening. Sending my support and hugs to all of you in Aus.

Kristy Mayr @KristyMayr7 · 47 secs 47 seconds ago

"This is one of the most tense situation I've seen in 30 years" - 7 News Reporter David Richardson talking now on @3AW693

Channel 9 spoke to a staff member who turned up for work and couldn't get in. Far out, he'll be thanking his lucky stars.

Just had him in channel 9.......lucky guy. Said he would rather be in there & know what's going on..

Kristy Mayr @KristyMayr7 · 2 mins 2 minutes ago

"There's one of the hostages pressed against the window, we can see a gunman walking behind.." - 7News Reporter David Richardson on @3AW693

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2873855/Gunman-takes-hostages-cafe-Sydney.html

Mia Burns, a news producer for Seven, tweeted: 'Hostages against the glass of Lindt café. Some are shaking and sobbing.'

Terrifying. I'd be crying, too. There are accounts of these terrorists forcing others to watch as beheadings, etc., are carried out.

This is one situation where the terrorists should be 'taken out', if necessary. Sounds unsympathetic --- but once you go in and kidnap innocent people , you (terrorists) have lost your rights. Just my opinion and might be wrong.
If they are holding innocent lives at gunpoint --any means necessary to free the hostages.
Usually there are some sort of negotiations , and I understand that ; but this group (if it is ISIS) scares the crapola out of me. They are utterly ruthless towards everyone, including their own people.
:moo:
Praying for the hostages. :(

Where are the <modsnip> snipers?!

Apparently, there are 100 visible police there. The snipers will be there too, I bet. Just not visible. They have closed airspace over the cafe. Maybe for safety, but also to prevent media 'copters airing the positions of those snipers and gunmen seeing them on their phones, I suspect...

Just been told it's being covered on CNN in the states

Not sure if this is accurate, but I've read on SM that they tried to get into Channel 7 initially, but were stopped by security and moved to the café. *rumour only*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong