Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many businesses are not answering phones right now and I'm finding mobiles are slow if anything. Keep trying & hugs that he is safe.
Whereabouts is your dad in Sydney?
He's an Australia Post employee who completes his run on foot around Broadway.

Kristy Mayr @KristyMayr7 · 8 mins 8 minutes ago

LIVE ON 7: NSW Premier Mike Baird is giving press conference, alongside the NSW police commissioner, with latest on Sydney siege #7News

Kristy Mayr @KristyMayr7 · 7 mins 7 minutes ago

"We have an armed offender holding an undisclosed number of hostages" - NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione LIVE NOW on #7News #siege

Kristy Mayr @KristyMayr7 · 5 mins 5 minutes ago

"We're still determining the motivation of the individual.. we've moved to a footing.. consistent with a terrorism event" - Andrew Scipione

Kristy Mayr @KristyMayr7 · 3 mins 3 minutes ago

"We have not got direct contact with the armed offender" - NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione #7News

https://twitter.com/KristyMayr7

OMG. Radio station I was listening to just got a msg from friend whose partner is a hostage. :(

Kristy Mayr @KristyMayr7 · 1 min 1 minute ago

"We have not yet confirmed this is a terrorism-related event" - NSW Police on siege at Lindt cafe in Sydney's Martin Place.. #7News

'Andrew Scipione says there is an undisclosed number of hostages involved in the siege and one offender.

We want the matter resolved peacefully and we will do all we need to do to ensure that. What we also have is a number of incident s that people believe they be connected to the event and that is not the case.We have a lot of people concerned when they see a police vehicle drive down their street to think that their suburb or shire might be involved. That is not the case.We are very contained. We certainly have tight restrictions and tight controls around that location and we will work as long as we need to bring this to an outcome. The officers there are train and professional. They know what they’re doing and they have trained for. This I am sure they will get through this and this will be an outcome that will be positive.

He does not confirm or deny that radio presenter Ray Hadley has spoken to a hostage. He says police negotiations have been undertaken with the hostages and police have not had direct contact with the offender. There were terror raids this morning in Sydney and Sciphione says at this stage there is “no connection” between the raids and the siege.'

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...stage-situation-inside-martin-place-cafe-live

Ok I've just updated tapatalk so I'll see if I can post the photo I was trying to...
91a47ce20d5d578106d132aab408a56a.jpg

'Andrew Scipione says there is an undisclosed number of hostages involved in the siege and one offender.

We want the matter resolved peacefully and we will do all we need to do to ensure that. What we also have is a number of incident s that people believe they be connected to the event and that is not the case.We have a lot of people concerned when they see a police vehicle drive down their street to think that their suburb or shire might be involved. That is not the case.We are very contained. We certainly have tight restrictions and tight controls around that location and we will work as long as we need to bring this to an outcome. The officers there are train and professional. They know what they’re doing and they have trained for. This I am sure they will get through this and this will be an outcome that will be positive.

He does not confirm or deny that radio presenter Ray Hadley has spoken to a hostage. He says police negotiations have been undertaken with the hostages and police have not had direct contact with the offender.

There were terror raids this morning in Sydney and Sciphione says at this stage there is “no connection” between the raids and the siege.'

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...stage-situation-inside-martin-place-cafe-live

BBM...

I am puzzled...

There was a raid and a siege in Sydney but the two are not related?

It sounds like there are two different events to me...

I do not understand the part about the raid....

:waitasec:

Ok I've just updated tapatalk so I'll see if I can post the photo I was trying to...
91a47ce20d5d578106d132aab408a56a.jpg

That doesn't look like the gunman in the picture posted earlier, were you thinking it might be he same man?

'NSW police commissioner Andrew Scipione on the flag that was put up in the window of the cafe:

Again, it’s a flag that we’ve had people looking at. We’re trying to work out what it stands for but at this stage it’s probably best that I don’t take that any further. We’re working with our partner agencies to better determine what it is we’re dealing with there.

Scipione says there is no confirmation the siege is related to terrorism.'

BBM...

I am puzzled...

It was a police raid on suspected terrorists at their homes

2GB 873 @2GB873 · 9 mins 9 minutes ago

Ray has spoken to a close friend who has confirmed that their relative is currently within #sydneysiege. Listen live http://2gb.com/listen-live

:(

BBM...

I am puzzled...

How would they know at this point that they are not related? They could be working together, no? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288