Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSW Police @nswpolice · 23 mins 23 minutes ago

Commissioner Scipione: "We're looking at a range of calls (about devices around CBD). Everything has proven negative so far." #MartinPlace

NSW Police @nswpolice · 12 mins 12 minutes ago

For all general information about the Martin Place incident call 1800 227 228. DO NOT call 000 or the Police Assistance Line

BBM...

I am puzzled...

There was a raid and a siege in Sydney but the two are not related?

It sounds like there are two different events to me...

I do not understand the part about the raid....

:waitasec:

I was thinking the same but the media and police believe the terrorists could be listening to everything and they don't want to expose their plans.

BBM...

I am puzzled...

There was a raid and a siege in Sydney but the two are not related?

It sounds like there are two different events to me...

I do not understand the part about the raid....

:waitasec:

There always seem to be terror raids in Sydney. I think a lot of commenters on social media are connecting the two incidents and the article is saying they aren't related.
I'm pretty sure the city of Sydney has a terrorist warning system, they do test runs every couple of weeks it seems.

That doesn't look like the gunman in the picture posted earlier, were you thinking it might be he same man?

Yes it was a thought, I've only seen a grainy pic of the gun man on my phone and admittedly I have very poor eyesight. But knowing they're both older and this man publicly criticises the government and I felt that could fit in here.
Thanks for your input I might go turn on my computer and have a better look at the gunman pic.

Thanks!

Wow!

So many scary events in Sydney today!

the terrorist raids have been happening sporadically since September when a plot was uncovered to behead a random person ( anyone ) in Martin Place and screen it on the internet

Could this terrorist been walking towards channel7 who is on Martin Place and go to air live with windows overlooking Martin Place. Police quizzed him before he walked I to the Lindt shop, was that shop a split second decision?

Yes it was a thought, I've only seen a grainy pic of the gun man on my phone and admittedly I have very poor eyesight. But knowing they're both older and this man publicly criticises the government and I felt that could fit in here.
Thanks for your input I might go turn on my computer and have a better look at the gunman pic.

No problem! It's a very good idea. And you're right, the pic IS very grainy. To me the gunman's face looks a lot thinner and he looks thinner in general than the fellow sitting on the bench, but I could be wrong!

Ray Hadley on 2gb is getting calls from hostages relaying the terrorists requests.

Josh White ‏@jwooot 25s25 seconds ago

Another call from inside the @LindtCafeAus to @2GB873 - host Ray Hadley says he can't comply with the demands #sydneysiege @NewstalkZB

It was mentioned on SM this morning that the person/people tried to get into channel 7, but security stopped them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-represents-ISIS-detests-Western-society.html

The Martin Place terror attacked is well organised and designed for 'maximum publicity' and to create 'maximum impact' of terrorising Australians, a terrorism expert said.

Professor Jeff Lewis of Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology said the armed man who has taken hostages inside the Lindt cafe had deliberately chosen iconic Martin Place and the cafe opposite the Seven Network office 'because it would get maximum publicity' and because it represented the spoils of Western society.

Martin Place is one of Sydney's most distinguished shopping precincts with upmarket restaurants, cafes and bars, high-end fashion boutiques and designer shops including Giorgio Armani.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...IS-detests-Western-society.html#ixzz3LvzRSmM9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member