Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mprovised-explosive-device.html#ixzz3LwBWyXRD

Top cop warns that gunman holding hostages at Sydney's Lindt cafe 'has improvised explosive device'

Oh cripes. Thoughts are with those poor people inside, and their families.

:( Things are uncanny quiet around these parts for a Monday afternoon. It's eerie. This is peak hour traffic time starting hour, usually very loud. You could hear a pin drop out there. And this is Melbourne! I think this situation has *everyone* who is peaceful feeling afraid. Both for the hostages, and the potential consequences.

people running out of cafe area now, hiding behind police

dont know how many escaped yet

cops running now

What are you watching cariis? You seem to be way ahead of australia!

I am watching a live video from outside the Cafe and can confirm some people were released from a side emergency exit.

Don't know if I am allowed to post link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mprovised-explosive-device.html#ixzz3LwBWyXRD

Top cop warns that gunman holding hostages at Sydney's Lindt cafe 'has improvised explosive device'

Oh no, how terrified those poor souls must be. I sure hope there really isn't an 8 yo there, but it would make sense; it is a chocolate store. :( Locals is this the type of store that caters to small children or adults? Does it have fancy expensive chocolate or fun kid type chocolate?

I think the cops have been afraid of a bomb all along, they've had the bomb squad out there since the beginning.

Lindt CEO says 10 workers, 30 customers inside.

I saw one of the hostages put up 10 and then moved her fingers 3 emphatically...so that meant 30? Did anybody else see that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member