Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive thanks to all who've kept this thread updated all day. I missed a lot of the news as it broke.

Love to all our Aussies and OS friends here.

Let's hope the rest of the hostages make it out whole, eh. Kudos to the negotiators there.

Group hug everybody :grouphug: It's time like these that I feel very close and protective of all my friends here, no matter how far away they live.

Just reported that the 3 men escaped & is a terrorist act....2GB

Has anyone else not achieved anything today :shame:

If they escaped, it makes it a whole lot worse for the others I would think ..

I can't imagine being in that situation. You'd want to run for your life but would feel so guilty leaving the others :( It's good that they'll be able to give police lots of details though. Might be what ends up saving the others.

Sky news confirming LE have made contact with the gunman.

Regardless if this is Jihad or Isis or whatever, this is definitely a terrorist act....whether homegrown or???? Definitely terrorism....

friends who live there question: They keep saying dont call i think 000 but do call this one . Over there what are the disticntions between what residents are being told to call?

Been waiting to hear from Waleed Aly......he's worth listening too......on channel 10 now

This "woman" is neither - she is following operational protocol. You don't really think they are going to let the world know what they know do you?

She should have replied "we are not prepared to answer that question right now" if she was afraid to state the painfully obvious. Islamic Jihad has come to Sydney.

Photo of escape.

I can't really see what policeman doing there? Probably time I went to bed.

Attachments

• 1418620473446.jpg
    1418620473446.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 113
If the release was not negotiated...

then I wonder if these three escaped from a delivery door...

Perhaps they were in the "stock room" when the event started....

:waitasec:

Oh great idea, I hadn't thought of that! You could be right.

friends who live there question: They keep saying dont call i think 000 but do call this one . Over there what are the disticntions between what residents are being told to call?

There is a siege update number that they've set up for this. So that'd be the one that they 're asking people to call.

000 is your version of 911.

The hotline being given is for civilians to call for information as to arrangements getting home, logistical type enquiries about what they should be doing ie staying or going etc etc

They keep going back and forth - for some reason they continue to claim they have not idnetifed him. I think that is probably unlikly no? 7 hours in and no idea - just does not sound congruent with todays tech ?

I am sticking with lone with mental or local political angle

They keep going back and forth - for some reason they continue to claim they have not idnetifed him. I think that is probably unlikly no? 7 hours in and no idea - just does not sound congruent with todays tech ?

I firmly believe that they identified him very early on and know a whole lot more than we'll know until this is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson