Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need to work on my philosphy paper that is due today but I can't look away from the coverage. So some media outlets can still see the cafe? I thought they moved them all back.

I'm a bit dubious about bombs in the city. It sounds like a scare tactic along with his "brothers". I think if he had bombs planted he would have set them off already.

Margaret, can you please post a link so that we can all read this?

I haven't looked for the paper but it would be online, just search Daily Telegraph. I saw it on Nine News & they discussed the story & held the paper up to the camera

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/spiritual...extra-40-sexual-offences-20141013-115epb.html

1413225384231.jpg

A Sydney man who sent offensive letters to the families of dead Australian soldiers has been charged with an additional 40 indecent and sexual assault charges relating to his time spent as a self-proclaimed "spiritual healer".

Man Haron Monis, 49, was arrested by sex crimes squad detectives in April and charged with the indecent and sexual assault of a woman in western Sydney in 2002.

During a court appearance at Penrith last Friday he was charged with the additional offences, including 22 counts of aggravated sexual assault and 14 counts of aggravated indecent assault relating to six other women.

Police allege that Monis, who also goes by the name Mohammad Hassan Manteghi, was a self-proclaimed "spiritual healer" who operated out of premises on Station Street at Wentworthville between 2000 and 2002.

This guy has got away with just about every rotten thing he's done so far, I hope to god he doesn't get away with this.

I've been following but not commenting. How irresponsible of that newspaper to give all the information of his past history, except his name. It's not hard to find who he is.

There is a reason why the police aren't naming him !

Now I know who he is I actually do believe he has the contacts and the potential to have the bombs that they have spoken of.

This is terrifying to think this is happening in Australia. Things like this just don't happen here :(

Edited to say I can't believe they have published his name ! I hope the police have approved this.

Well, we have heard he has an ipad with him. That means that police will have zeroed in on his connection and will be tracking his online activity. They should be able to see if he is communicating with anyone else on the outside, maybe get some further idea on his plans. :crossfingers:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/spiritual...extra-40-sexual-offences-20141013-115epb.html

View attachment 65622

A Sydney man who sent offensive letters to the families of dead Australian soldiers has been charged with an additional 40 indecent and sexual assault charges relating to his time spent as a self-proclaimed "spiritual healer".

Man Haron Monis, 49, was arrested by sex crimes squad detectives in April and charged with the indecent and sexual assault of a woman in western Sydney in 2002.

During a court appearance at Penrith last Friday he was charged with the additional offences, including 22 counts of aggravated sexual assault and 14 counts of aggravated indecent assault relating to six other women.

Police allege that Monis, who also goes by the name Mohammad Hassan Manteghi, was a self-proclaimed "spiritual healer" who operated out of premises on Station Street at Wentworthville between 2000 and 2002.

BBM

This is his true reason for today's actions.

ETA: MOO

I've been following but not commenting. How irresponsible of that newspaper to give all the information of his past history, except his name. It's not hard to find who he is.

There is a reason why the police aren't naming him !

Now I know who he is I actually do believe he has the contacts and the potential to have the bombs that they have spoken of.

This is terrifying to think this is happening in Australia. Things like this just don't happen here :(

Edited to say I can't believe they have published his name ! I hope the police have approved this.

Being that it's the Daily Telegraph -- as bad as those sensationalist rags over in the UK -- somehow I don't think so.

I just hope this doesn't escalate things in there tonight.

So he is a serial sexual abuser ... please let the people in there not be subjected to that, on top of the absolute fear for their lives that they are feeling.

Subscriber only .. can you give us a sentence from the article so we can google it, humdinger? That way we may find a way in.

It shouldn't be, try another browser. All our papers are subscription based but give you 3-4 free stories to view per week

Sounds like he is quite the charmer then ugh.
I believe this man is a coward and he won't harm the hostages because he knows it would result in his own death. He just wants the publicity. LE are right to blank his demands and everything else.
Disgusted at him and so angry. How dare he attack these people going about their business. How dare he claim affiliation with Islam.
I am still praying this doesn't escalate though because you never know with these publicity hungry people.
All JMO.

Anyone watching channel nine right now ?

Dr Sally Lievesly from London. Her opinion ( what I understood ) was that by having his name published is likely to incite him to act. She looked shocked when the Australian reporters told her some media outlets had decided to publish his past history (enough to identify him )even though the media had all known who he was all day but chosen not to broadcast it.

Anyone watching channel nine right now ?

Dr Sally Lievesly from London. Her opinion ( what I understood ) was that by having his name published is likely to incite him to act. She looked shocked when the Australian reporters told her some media outlets had decided to publish his past history (enough to identify him )even though the media had all known who he was all day but chosen not to broadcast it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73