Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, can a person be declared deceased with only a few foot bones as evidence?

Will arrest Warrant actually be revoked?
MC pronounced deceased in light of new, irrevocable evidence?
MC found?
Evidence to charge a third part with murder?
Evidence to charge a third party on other charges?
I thought I had read the warrant was revoked?

All I want is some news.
Maybe after the court case on Tuesday???? But I'm not expecting much.....

However when the Affidavits lodged last week, by ASIC, become available, there may be news of Melissa's actual criminal dealings in there.....

But as for a definitive answer as to what has happened to MC, then unless more of her body is found then I don't think there will be answers.... any time soon.... sadly ...

Last edited:
I wonder what is going to happen with those criminal charges. Are they redundant?

In the US, they would be. I am not finding anything relevant in Australian law.
In the US they might be beneficial to Melissa's family.
Has anyone found any Australian law about them?

Now that he’s dead, he’s no longer a criminal. A jury may have found Ken Lay guilty while he was still alive, but he never received a formal judgment of conviction. (That would have come when the judge handed down the sentence in the October.) Since Lay died before that happened, it’s just like he was never found guilty at all.
Why can't the government take money from a dead criminal?

The death of an accused before the end of a criminal trial would ordinarily abate the trial. The issue of the accused’s guilt, and the need to punish the accused and protect the public, becomes academic upon the death of an accused.
What Happens to Criminal Charges when the Accused is Deceased? | Yossi

HOW CADDICK SPENT THE MILLIONS SHE STOLE

FASHION:

Dior: $229,277

Cosmopolitan Shoes: $52,548

Canturi Jewellers: $187,650

Chanel: $48,588

Louis Vuitton: $17,777

Bergdorf Goodman: $17,617.37

Valentino: $14,180

Net-A-Porter: $39,575

Oscar De La Renta: $14,180

Farfetch $45,6000

Mytheresa $7,535.50

Hugo Boss $917

Personal expenses: $291,744

STOCKS & INSURANCE:

West Court General: $43,087.02

Suncorp: $13,095

Motley Fool: $5037.94

Stockx: $48,303.28

TRAVEL:

Flight Centre: $108,586

Aspen $35,151

Fiji: $63,002

Hong Kong: $18,877

Jetabroad: $5,783

Melbourne: $2,651

New York: $37,283

Perisher: $2,042

Seoul: $936.81

North of Nell: $34,223

Perth: $183.37

Qantas: $55,609

Tokyo: $2,141

Whistler: $4-3,273

Ubers $2765

Limousine in Aspen: $966

Chauffers $1,385

Taxis $1,164

Etoll $1,621

Fresh details about how Melissa Caddick spent $25million she fleeced from investors | Daily Mail Online

Let's look at this section of MC's spending:

STOCKS & INSURANCE:

West Court General: $43,087.02 Insurance Brokers now part of IAG. Mortgage insurance?
IAG to acquire Westcourt General Insurance Brokers

Suncorp: $13,095 income protection, life, travel, and health insurance

Motley Fool: $5037.94 Helping The World Become Smarter, Happier And Richer. Become A Member Now! Top Rated Stock Pickers. Over 50,000 Members. Services: Share Advisor, Dividend Investor, Extreme Opportunities, Pro, Everlasting Income.
Motley Fool Australia’s Premium Subscription Services

Stockx: $48,303.28 NOT stocks as in shares! Buy and sell the hottest sneakers including Adidas Yeezy and Retro Jordans, Supreme streetwear, trading cards, collectibles, designer handbags and luxury goods ...

ASICS Gel-Lyte III Smoke Blue ASICS Gel-Lyte III Smoke Blue
Condition:New
|
Ticker: ASC-ASGISBSG
|
100% Authentic
Size:
Last Sale
A$131
+$16
(14%)
View All Sales
StockX: Sneakers, Streetwear, Trading Cards, Handbags, Watches

If this is what happened - he 'saved' money from the investor funds he was granted - then he rorted the system and was paid too much. He should have repaid what he didn't need/use for the time period in which it was granted.

It is not okay for him to keep investor funds. He shouldn't have got them in the first place. imo

The investors are peed off enough about that. I am sure they are thrilled to learn that he is driving around in a Mercedes, wearing $5,000 sneakers, taking the dogs for expensive grooming.

He could have bought them here much cheaper:

https://stockx.com/search/sneakers?s=Jordans white

Alleged Ponzi operator Veronica Macpherson poised for return to business (msn.com)

'A woman accused of running an alleged Ponzi scheme in Western Australia's Pilbara region is poised to make a fresh start in business, vowing she has done nothing wrong.

Most of the investors who contributed more than $120 million to Veronica Macpherson's Macro Group of companies are likely to never see their money again.

Ms Macpherson is preparing to be discharged from her three-year bankruptcy, while investigations by the corporate watchdog into her Macro Group business dealings are continuing.'

'Although she is permanently banned from providing financial services, she is still committed to her plan to develop Pilbara housing, allowing fly-in, fly-out mine workers to shift to the region, via a co-operative company structure.'

This article is worth reading, as Miss Macpherson's mindset is tailormade for a scammer... not unlike Melissa..

I was intrigued by this as the woman's penalty was chicken feed.. It was nothing. Melissa must have known this, was it worth her life?.. It hardly seems that way to me, but I acknowledge that it may well be to someone slightly unhinged...

Alleged Ponzi operator Veronica Macpherson poised for return to business (msn.com)

'A woman accused of running an alleged Ponzi scheme in Western Australia's Pilbara region is poised to make a fresh start in business, vowing she has done nothing wrong.

Most of the investors who contributed more than $120 million to Veronica Macpherson's Macro Group of companies are likely to never see their money again.

Ms Macpherson is preparing to be discharged from her three-year bankruptcy, while investigations by the corporate watchdog into her Macro Group business dealings are continuing.'

'Although she is permanently banned from providing financial services, she is still committed to her plan to develop Pilbara housing, allowing fly-in, fly-out mine workers to shift to the region, via a co-operative company structure.'

This article is worth reading, as Miss Macpherson's mindset is tailormade for a scammer... not unlike Melissa..

I was intrigued by this as the woman's penalty was chicken feed.. It was nothing. Melissa must have known this, was it worth her life?.. It hardly seems that way to me, but I acknowledge that it may well be to someone slightly unhinged...
The motive - suicide versus murder... murder wins.

Was just reading about this on ABC.... (Thanks Troop)
And noticed this.....

Yet in a welcome development, some Australian investors have received their money back with interest, via Australian and state government-funded compensation schemes for victims of unlawful business behaviour.

Hopefully Melissa's investors can access this scheme too.

Alleged Ponzi operator Veronica Macpherson poised for return to business - ABC News

The motive - suicide versus murder... murder wins.
Mr M, and everyone, what makes you lean towards murder rather than suicide in this case??
Are you thinking its purely based on more people with "motive" with what MC has done to them re financial ruin? Or something else?

Last edited:

"Karmic Resources" o_O:p:rolleyes:

Mr M, and everyone, what makes you lean towards murder rather than suicide in this case??
Are you thinking its purely based on more people with "motive" with what MC has done to them re financial ruin? Or something else?
I have believed it to be murder, from the get go. That she is a victim. Not a very appealing victim, but a victim , none the less.. None of this makes any kind of rationale at all.

But if the police persist with the suicide scenario, who am I to disagree?... ...

For me.. it's her life as she lived it... the tremendous display, the rabid hoarding and collecting of jewels, shoes, handbags, necklaces, Dior, Chanel, the dogs, the cars, the school for the son, the ..... .. the manner of the way of death , that she chose, according to police, and others... that doesn't jell, for me. For what it's worth.

Also, she must have made many , many enemies along the way. And sure, we hear from cantankerous, and rightly so, 'former investors'.. very controlled in their disparagement, .. but there are people out there who will never advertise their fury. ..

If I can put it this way, her chosen path in life, and the way she chose to display that profit from that scamming placed her in a position to have more enemies , truly lethal enemies than your average Dover Heights housewife. .

For me.. it's her life as she lived it... the tremendous display, the rabid hoarding and collecting of jewels, shoes, handbags, necklaces, Dior, Chanel, the dogs, the cars, the school for the son, the ..... .. the manner of the way of death , that she chose, according to police, and others... that doesn't jell, for me. For what it's worth.

Also, she must have made many , many enemies along the way. And sure, we hear from cantankerous, and rightly so, 'former investors'.. very controlled in their disparagement, .. but there are people out there who will never advertise their fury. ..

If I can put it this way, her chosen path in life, and the way she chose to display that profit from that scamming placed her in a position to have more enemies , truly lethal enemies than your average Dover Heights housewife. .
Great points here Troop......
And this combined with the fact MC "flaunted" her "wealth" (from ill gotten gains) in their faces.... This is the part that "astounds" me....

Was just reading about this on ABC.... (Thanks Troop)
And noticed this.....

Yet in a welcome development, some Australian investors have received their money back with interest, via Australian and state government-funded compensation schemes for victims of unlawful business behaviour.

Hopefully Melissa's investors can access this scheme too.

Alleged Ponzi operator Veronica Macpherson poised for return to business - ABC News
Which might be a reason for the criminal prosecution--to legally establish that the investors were victims of unlawful behaviour and are therefore eligible for compensation.

Which might be a reason for the criminal prosecution--to legally establish that the investors were victims of unlawful behaviour and are therefore eligible for compensation.
Good point JLZ ...
I hope that all the investors have come forward, or they could become ineligible for compensation....

Unless this is a diversion??? While they steadily investigate the possibility of "murder" ???

Yes this is what I am thinking - that the police are encouraging the media to say they believe MC suicided but they are really watching potential suspects hoping they slip up and examining CCTV, computers and phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam