Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate McClymont
On 13 July 2020, Melissa Caddick gave her husband $3099 for a shredder. Koletti told the inquest: "Melissa said, 'Can you buy me a shredder?' I bought her a shredder." Inquest told on 15 Sept she ordered industrial bins from Shred-ex

If Melissa shredded documents AND put them into a Shred-X bin, those documents would have been double-shredded.

When you rent a Shred-X bin, you throw your documents in - unshredded - lock the bin, and Shred-X picks up the bin and shreds the contents for you. Then they send you a 'certificate of destruction' to confirm that the contents were shredded.
We use these types of bins at a couple of work places I attend.

Last edited:
For someone who just wants to get this over with, he sure is dragging his time out :confused:

I'm thinking he is actually a hostile witness IMO

If you have nothing to hide just get up there and answer the questions truthfully, like you would if you truly wanted to help find out what actually happened to Melissa If not for yourself, for her son?

He's trying to play the court for a fool...IMO

IMO he's no fool....

For someone who just wants to get this over with, he sure is dragging his time out :confused:

If you have nothing to hide just get up there and answer the questions truthfully, like you would if you truly wanted to help find out what actually happened to Melissa If not for yourself, for her son?

IMO he's no fool....

Probably angling for sympathy while he prepares to sue whoever he blames for his "obvious distress" and mental struggles.

This guy is all about money and shiny things. imo

IMO he's no fool....
Not sure, but you definitely could be on the right track. Just grateful I’m not in the court, I’m edgy enough reading this from home. :cool:

I'm not so sure he is playing or pretending.

I think he might very well, not understand how to respond.

To me he is like Tim, a character in Colleen McCullough's book of the same name. Or like Forrest Gump.
From the bits posted today, the impression I've got is he is worried about getting in trouble eg smoking a joint or admitting he lied in his initial statements IMO

“I don’t recall having a line of thought,” said Anthony Koletti on discovering his wife had left without her phone, keys, wallet and a bag of legal files for her 10am appointment with lawyers the morning she went missing. He said the phone stuck in his mind.

No line of thought? o_O

He told police in the videoed interview that he thought she'd may have gone to a cheap hotel. And he rang around in an oblique manner to find out if she might be with friends.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave ...

Kate McClymont

"I am exhausted mate, I cannot focus. This is so crazy," said Anthony Koletti rubbing his forehead. "I don’t see any relevance to any of this." Of counsel assisting, Jason Downing's question, Koletti said, "It's so circular & it's really not serving anyone any purpose."

The witness doth protest too much, methinks.

Kate McClymont

The Caddick inquest, which is still going, has taken another strange twist with Koletti's lawyer Judy Swan asking the forensic psychiatrist if Melissa Caddick's liposuction could reflect a personality disorder. The answer is no.

Good grief. Clutching at straws, much?

How about asking if her forging cheques in a previous job could reflect a criminal personality.

I'm not so sure he is playing or pretending.

I think he might very well, not understand how to respond.

To me he is like Tim, a character in Colleen McCullough's book of the same name. Or like Forrest Gump.
I'm no so sure Tootsie.

He seemed to navigate the whole Federal Court case , appearing on screen, in person & responding in writing when required?

He has care of MC's child...........no mean feat raising a teenager......I hope the child is OK & has someone looking out for him?

It just seems when he's asked some very obvious & reasonable questions by counsel assisting , that put into question his previous answers / stories etc , that he than seems to crumble & falls apart & it all becomes " too confusing" for AK.

Maybe he just can't remember the previous answers / stories he has given & It's all catching up to him IMO

An inquest is an inquiry by nature, ie you will be asked questions & if you can't / don't / will not answer them, you will continue to be asked them in whatever form ( maybe what he calls going round in circles ;) )

He is very childlike & immature IMO ( just look at his "songs" & putting up a sign @ ASIC etc )

IMO, had MC's foot not been found and identified, then Koletti would be in some serious trouble right now given his admissions of lying to police, his evasive answers at this inquest and his apparent unwillingness to co-operate with the inquest.

If there were any suspicion that she'd done a runner then, IMO, AK would have a lot of difficulty convincing authorities that he was not an accomplice, to some degree, in her deliberate disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni