Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 *without money, phone* #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by *Verdigris, Nov 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estelle

Estelle Well-Known Member

BBM
    Here it says that they 'met on a Mediterranean cruise and Melissa chased him around the world".

That makes more sense to me than his meeting her at a Bondi hair salon. I assume that when they met, AK was living in Riverwood. So perhaps when they got together and lived in Dover Heights, he then got a job in Bondi.

I guess that is where his money went travelling around the world until MC took over and paid for him. However, another idea I have is that AK could have been working on a cruise ship as a hairdresser when they met.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021

2. Estelle

Estelle Well-Known Member

Double post.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  3. Vaccine

Vaccine Well-Known Member

Yes and she may well have got everything organised and set up for a night time flit. I don't think she just happened to depart in her leggings and running kit. She'd stashed stuff away and planned it - quickly or well in advance. Clearly she will have sorted out a money supply too.

Trooper, SLouTh, Shivanni and 6 others like this.
  4. Vaccine

Yes and she may well have got everything organised and set up for a night time flit. I don't think she just happened to depart in her leggings and running kit. She'd stashed stuff away and planned it - quickly or well in advance. Clearly she will have sorted out a money supply too.

5. Vaccine

I'm just wondering with Australia being so vast is it really possible that the police can block off all roads and means of crossing the borders? There must be quite a lot of tracks and back roads.

6. Kemug

Kemug Well-Known Member

But she does!

Trooper, Shivanni, kelsie and 3 others like this.
  7. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Well-Known Member

There is, but someone would have to assist her to cross any border in the way outback. I might add that these borders have been closed for almost 12 months, they have most of the 'easy' ways in covered, even people living close to the borders can't cross or get in and get supplies delivered. It's being closely supervised IYKWIM.

Trooper, Kemug, Marg from Oz and 7 others like this.
  8. bearbear

bearbear Well-Known Member

if she was planning in advance she may have rented a place incognito months before and have all her clothes and money, documents etc already there waiting

suspicious, Trooper, SLouTh and 7 others like this.
  9. bancam

bancam Well-Known Member

There’s plenty of ways she hypothetically could’ve crossed a state border, despite the restrictions and checks in place since covid came about. It is difficult for everyone unless of course you’re someone who is fleeing and with money - in which case a closed border is nothing but a minor obstacle. I just think it’s pretty interesting that a police source has said this to the Daily Telegraph:

They haven’t accidentally said this, I strongly doubt it’s purely speculative or a case of loose lips. Rather, I think they’re rattling a cage.

Trooper, Shivanni, Kemug and 7 others like this.
  10. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Where sunbeams shine

I still find it interesting that these conflicting statements are said by police.
    (From the DT article posted by Panda on the previous page)

After ASIC left (about 7pm) Melissa went to bed about midnight, according to her husband.

No suggestion that either her son or husband Anthony Koletti have anything to do with her disappearance.

Investigators are now treating Melissa's last confirmed sighting as when ASIC investigators walked out of her house ....

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Also (reiterating) because this is a missing persons case, the police do not have the powers to tap phones, or carry out search warrants - as they would due to a crime.

Trooper, Kemug, Panda and 5 others like this.
  11. Mr Murphy

Mr Murphy Well-Known Member

Ristevski was a missing person case aswell... Aussie police tactics....

12. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Well-Known Member

About the tapping of phones etc.

In Ristevski's case they had enough to get a warrant to get phones tapped, he was a suspect/POI and behaved suspiciously. Exactly what they had at that time I don't know.

If they don't suspect AK, NSW Police have no reason to tap the phones, but the AFP do IMO.

Trooper, Via Marple, Kemug and 6 others like this.
  13. Mr Murphy

Mr Murphy Well-Known Member

Feeling excited as I just saw an add that 60 minutes is to air an investigation into this case this Sunday.... looks like they are getting in everyone’s faces...

Trooper, Orgona, Morrisa and 13 others like this.
  14. bearbear

15. MissMarpleAU

MissMarpleAU Member

The Premier’s of each state take their border closures very seriously. There are drones etc set up to cover off the more remote areas, police from larger cities sent to regional areas. Noone ‘slips’ through IMO

Trooper, Via Marple, FBEye and 6 others like this.
  16. Panda

Panda Well-Known Member

I know. It's so incredibly frustrating. Going by that article, you would presume AK and son had lied to police.

Trooper, Estelle, Via Marple and 3 others like this.
  17. Kemug

Kemug Well-Known Member

Re crossing the NSW/Qld border, I would think it's perfectly possible if she had help - a driver and car to take her to the border, then she walks across a paddock or whatever, where another driver and car picks her up. And hopefully no drones around.

18. Kemug

Kemug Well-Known Member

Irony much?

Trooper and Panda like this.
  19. bearbear

professor of criminology dr terry goldsworthy was interviewed on tv a few days ago, he seemed very positive the scenario where melissa is alive and in hiding is the most likely and really emphasised the digital footprint aspect police are following, which he repeats in this article....
    Madonna King: Melissa Caddick disappearance takes cops off beaten track

20. bearbear

Trooper, StarrChance, Orgona and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.