Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick Missing After Australian SIC Raid - Sydney (NSW) - Nov 2020 #9

The Federal Court, on Friday, heard Christian Dior was seeking leave to intervene in the case against Caddick because it was holding money and documents, such as invoices, in the name of the alleged conwoman.

. . .

A second court document, released on Friday, showed Caddick’s husband Anthony Koletti was asking for the court to recognise him as the owner of numerous pricey items and an untold amount of money in the missing woman’s superannuation trust.

More here on ABC:

Mr Koletti wants his wedding ring, an 18-carat white gold Cubism ring with 4.26 carat black sapphires, given to him at a ceremony in Rose Bay on December 31, 2013.

His court filing also states that Ms Caddick gave him jewellery for his birthday in 2016, including a Canturi 18-carat white gold ring and a Carre diamond cross pendant.

Mr Koletti claims he bought some of the items that were seized, including a $US4,000 ($5,900) Louis Vuitton watch on a New York trip in 2017 — and that he wants the proceeds from his Breitling chronograph Navitimer watch once it's sold by receivers.

He also claims two artworks by Tasmanian artist Adrian Lockhart belong to him.

. . .

The court filing also includes amendments allocating $1 million from Ms Caddick's superannuation fund to her brother, Adam Grimley, with the remaining money going to Mr Koletti.

In his affidavit, Koletti also stated he has been “the primary carer” of his stepson since his wife disappeared and in his wife’s will, dated August 30, 2019, Koletti was named as the guardian of Caddick’s 16-year-old son she had with her first husband, lawyer Anthony Caddick.

The boy’s father has previously disputed this claim. “I am his biological father and court-endorsed guardian for health, schooling and anything else,” Anthony Caddick wrote in an email tendered in court earlier this year.

Anthony Caddick also said in the email that while Koletti was the boy’s stepfather he had no other legal rights and he doubted “Mr Koletti has any idea what he’s doing”.

Anthony Caddick has previously told the court he was making no claim to any funds on his son’s behalf. “Those funds should be returned to the defrauded investors.”

However, in his recent affidavit, Koletti indicated he would be making claims on behalf of his stepson.

More here on ABC:

Mr Koletti wants his wedding ring, an 18-carat white gold Cubism ring with 4.26 carat black sapphires, given to him at a ceremony in Rose Bay on December 31, 2013.

His court filing also states that Ms Caddick gave him jewellery for his birthday in 2016, including a Canturi 18-carat white gold ring and a Carre diamond cross pendant.

Mr Koletti claims he bought some of the items that were seized, including a $US4,000 ($5,900) Louis Vuitton watch on a New York trip in 2017 — and that he wants the proceeds from his Breitling chronograph Navitimer watch once it's sold by receivers.

He also claims two artworks by Tasmanian artist Adrian Lockhart belong to him.

. . .

The court filing also includes amendments allocating $1 million from Ms Caddick's superannuation fund to her brother, Adam Grimley, with the remaining money going to Mr Koletti.

Anthony Koletti and Adam Grimley contesting the SMSF because they are the Trustees and it appears there is money in the fund....but whose money is it as all the money MC had was stolen investor funds! It continually amazes me on how entitled the family member are....the funds were stolen and should be returned to the investor.
Also, previously Mr Koletti insisted that he “paid his way and wasn’t like the Double Bay housewives” .... but now he is claiming that he was a dependant and career to MC’s son so is financially entitled.
And the jewellery that MC gave him as a gift....MC purchased the jewellery with stolen investor funds .... so does AK believe that the investors want to gift him the jewellery which he now is claiming?

In his affidavit, Koletti also stated he has been “the primary carer” of his stepson since his wife disappeared and in his wife’s will, dated August 30, 2019, Koletti was named as the guardian of Caddick’s 16-year-old son she had with her first husband, lawyer Anthony Caddick.

The boy’s father has previously disputed this claim. “I am his biological father and court-endorsed guardian for health, schooling and anything else,” Anthony Caddick wrote in an email tendered in court earlier this year.

Anthony Caddick also said in the email that while Koletti was the boy’s stepfather he had no other legal rights and he doubted “Mr Koletti has any idea what he’s doing”.

Anthony Caddick has previously told the court he was making no claim to any funds on his son’s behalf. “Those funds should be returned to the defrauded investors.”

However, in his recent affidavit, Koletti indicated he would be making claims on behalf of his stepson.

Maybe AK should talk to MC’s father (who is the Court appointed guardian) about what claims are to be made on behalf of MC’s son!

Jewellery, art and designer clothing owned by alleged Sydney fraudster Melissa Caddick will soon go under the hammer, as efforts continue to recoup cash for investors.
If they fetch their top valued price, the items will total more than $700,000.

This will help pay back just a fraction of the $23 million Ms Caddick allegedly stole from investors through her Ponzi scheme.

Earlier this month, Ms Caddick's husband Anthony Koletti claimed he was entitled to some of the jewellery owned by the couple.

Mr Koletti told the Federal Court he should be allowed to keep his wedding band — an 18-carat white gold cubism ring encrusted with black sapphires.

His request appears to have been denied with a ring matching that description included in the auction lot, valued at up to $5,000.

Earlier this month, Ms Caddick's husband Anthony Koletti claimed he was entitled to some of the jewellery owned by the couple.

Mr Koletti told the Federal Court he should be allowed to keep his wedding band — an 18-carat white gold cubism ring encrusted with black sapphires.

His request appears to have been denied with a ring matching that description included in the auction lot, valued at up to $5,000.

"The inquest will return later this month for a further two days."

For a wrap-up, I wonder?

our artworks listed by Shapiro Auctioneers are included in their 'Australian and International Art' auction to be held on Tuesday at 6pm.
The receivers of her estate, Jones Partners' principal Bruce Gleeson said Caddick's designer clothing and luxury goods would be included in Shapiro's 'Fine Jewellery, Watches and Luxury Design' auctions to be held on December 5 and 7.

Oh, the irony: :)

Earlier in the evening, a small titter went through the packed auction room when auctioneer Andrew Shapiro announced that Lot 5, Luke Sciberras’s Study of Up S__t Creek, was from the “Caddick estate” and was being sold by receivers. It fetched $7000.

JMO.

I have no connection to the son but feel sympathy for any young person in his position.

He’s old enough to recognize when his custody is being used as a pawn for financial gain (not that there is or is not any benefit to be gained in terms of MC’s estate and it sounds like this is a far-fetched gambit). That in combination with the circumstances of his mother’s criminal activities, disappearance and likely death are heavy weights to bear. I wish him the best.

JMO.

JMO.

I have no connection to the son but feel sympathy for any young person in his position.

He’s old enough to recognize when his custody is being used as a pawn for financial gain (not that there is or is not any benefit to be gained in terms of MC’s estate and it sounds like this is a far-fetched gambit). That in combination with the circumstances of his mother’s criminal activities, disappearance and likely death are heavy weights to bear. I wish him the best.

JMO.

I try to imagine the poor guy going to school with all of this in the media every day and everyone there knowing it's his family -- or what's left of it.

IMO, he'd be forgiven for wanting to leave, change his name and go interstate but, as I understand it, he pressed on at his current school with the aim of completing his HSC there. That takes some fortitude.

Actually, I don't dislike AK, and I don't think any of this is his fault. A smarter person would have realised what was going on, but again that isn't his fault. I believe he was happy in his marriage. I'll probably get some "dislikes" for this, but I think he should be allowed to keep his wedding ring.

Actually, I don't dislike AK, and I don't think any of this is his fault. A smarter person would have realised what was going on, but again that isn't his fault. I believe he was happy in his marriage. I'll probably get some "dislikes" for this, but I think he should be allowed to keep his wedding ring.
I agree about the wedding ring, I was thinking about it and how upset I would be to lose mine.

I agree about the wedding ring, I was thinking about it and how upset I would be to lose mine.
I was going to say he should be allowed to buy it back at the valued price. Then I saw the price.

No, I don't think he should be gifted that amount either. If he'd moved out of the property in an honourable timeframe I might see it differently.

He also claimed jewellery which included his white gold onyx cufflinks valued at $5600, a $34,000 diamond ring and his wedding band, valued at more than $26,500.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back