Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick Missing After Australian SIC Raid - Sydney (NSW) - Nov 2020 #9

This is the ring he says is the wedding ring:

27. On 31 December 2013, at the marriage ceremony of the Defendant and Anthony Koletti at 37 Chamberlain Avenue Rose Bay NSW the Defendant gave to Anthony Koletti the 18 ct white gold wide Cubism ring with 4.26ct black sapphires as the wedding ring.

Also described here:

18ct white gold wide
Cubism ring 4.26ct
black sapphires
Weight 19.5grams

There are several rings mentioned among the property, and only one is listed by the receivers as a wedding ring. That one is much smaller (a 2.5g yellow gold ring).

27. On 31 December 2013, at the marriage ceremony of the Defendant and Anthony Koletti at 37 Chamberlain Avenue Rose Bay NSW the Defendant gave to Anthony Koletti the 18 ct white gold wide Cubism ring with 4.26ct black sapphires as the wedding ring.
https://www.fedcourt.gov.au/__data/.../NSD1220of2020-Pleading-17112022-92542717.pdf
I do wonder if that ring was given to him then though. Canturi advertised such a ring as "just arrived" in November 2014. Just Arrived...

(I can't see when the white gold wide version was introduced though.)

Last edited:
This has more to do with our own moral values, rather than any sleuthing.. but IMO if he had settled on a modest wedding ring, perhaps paid out of his own hairdressing income, then he would not have found himself in this position now.

Nothing to do with intelligence, even the smartest people fall for a trap called greed. MOO

Nothing to do with intelligence, even the smartest people fall for a trap called greed. MOO
I doubt that he had any idea that a trap was coming or that his circumstances would change and he would lose everything.
I imagine he thought as the money kept coming in, why not spend it, on a valuable ring or a car or whatever.

I think he didn't expect the end of that lifestyle.

I doubt that he had any idea that a trap was coming or that his circumstances would change and he would lose everything.
I imagine he thought as the money kept coming in, why not spend it, on a valuable ring or a car or whatever.

I think he didn't expect the end of that lifestyle.
But we are talking about letting a guy keep an ill-gotten gain, which happens to be a wedding ring, for sentimental value. Since his wife, the fraudster, has passed.

If he could choose again, would he choose sentiments, or lifestyle? Turns out he can't have both. MOO

The inquest started up again today......

Police believed Melissa Caddick was likely on the run when she first went missing, inquest told​

Det Insp Glen Browne was manager of the NSW missing persons registry when Caddick vanished, and is now coordinating investigations for the homicide squad.

Browne did not find out for four days.

Other police were investigating and had formed the view she was on the run.

In conversations with other investigators he reminded them to keep an open mind.

“I got a sense from the conversation that the primary line of inquiry is that Melissa was avoiding being located,” Browne said.

He said the theory was “being given more importance than others”.

“There needed to be a significant focus on searching and canvassing,” he said.

There were concerns that she had been murdered or had self-harmed, that were not being given as much weight as the fugitive theory.

Koletti has returned to hairdressing after finally securing a position as a senior stylist at The Hair Angel in Balmain, in Sydney's inner west.

But on Wednesday, he said a silver lining to the tragedy has been looking after Caddick's son, who was just 14 when his mother's face was splashed all over the news.

The only-child, now 16, has chosen to live with Koletti despite his biological father living in Ryde, in Sydney's northern suburbs.

'It's an honour to raise her son,' he said.

When asked whether they've had deep conversations about Caddick's dealings and disappearance, Koletti said they hadn't because 'we don't need to'.

'We both had a terrible time, that's for sure, but we understand it because we lived it so there are no questions we have to ask each other,' he said.

But he does put a lot of effort into looking after the boy, making sure his needs are met, and shielding him from the media.

'It takes a lot more care to look after a child whose been through that - a lot more care than is otherwise required,' he said.

'Maybe that's the reason he's chosen to stay with me full time, he knows I can cater to that.'

Melissa Caddick investigation pursued one theory 'to the detriment of others', inquest told​

"As soon as the info was released into the media, there was just an avalanche of information that came forward," he recalled.

Chief Inspector Browne was also asked whether it was "a concern" that by February 2021, shortly before Ms Caddick's foot washed up on a south coast beach, only 20 per cent of the gathered CCTV footage had been reviewed.

"Potentially," he replied.

"But I don't know what material had been gathered and what material had been viewed. It's not unusual to gather CCTV from airports, buses, trains, so you prioritise the material that you gathered."

The court has previously heard Ms Caddick's mother and brother felt their "voice isn't being heard" at the inquest and wanted to give evidence.

But today, Counsel Assisting Jason Downing SC said there was no statement the family would like to read.

The inquest started up again today......

Police believed Melissa Caddick was likely on the run when she first went missing, inquest told​

Det Insp Glen Browne was manager of the NSW missing persons registry when Caddick vanished, and is now coordinating investigations for the homicide squad.

Browne did not find out for four days.

Other police were investigating and had formed the view she was on the run.

In conversations with other investigators he reminded them to keep an open mind.

“I got a sense from the conversation that the primary line of inquiry is that Melissa was avoiding being located,” Browne said.

He said the theory was “being given more importance than others”.

“There needed to be a significant focus on searching and canvassing,” he said.

There were concerns that she had been murdered or had self-harmed, that were not being given as much weight as the fugitive theory.
I have always predicted that the reason why AK didn't report MC missing is that he drove her somewhere (or somebody else did) to hide and she was murdered later. I'm glad that at least they are going to pursue this theory.

Police abandoned plans to toss pigs wearing running shoes into the ocean in an effort to unravel missing persons cases such as Melissa Caddick’s because they were concerned about sharks swallowing the tracking devices, an inquest has heard.

snip

Chief Inspector Browne defended the decision not to involve the NSW Police Homicide Squad in early investigations.

According to the NSW Police Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) at the time, the Homicide Squad should be called into a missing persons investigation if it’s suspected the person had been murdered or if “suspicious circumstances” exist.

The inquest heard on Monday that the SOP had since been changed, as a direct result of the Caddick case, with Chief Inspector Browne explaining the previous wording was ambiguous.

Chief Inspector Browne told the court the intention was for homicide officers to be brought in only in cases where a murder was suspected.

[Koletti] later accepted his wife was a fraudster after “paying attention to the court proceedings”.

Finally he gets it.

Expert evidence found Caddick suffered from narcissistic personality disorder, and the shame and humiliation suffered from being exposed could have caused intense psychological distress, and potentially caused her to take her own life.

IIRC, there was evidence that she told at least one person that she'd jump off a cliff if it 'all became too much'. I like to compare her with the global master of Ponzi schemes Bernie Madoff. He was the type to tough it out through a trial and rot in prison where he died. She was the polar opposite -- she was never going to face the music.

Last edited:

'Maybe that's the reason he's chosen to stay with me full time, he knows I can cater to that.'

IMO, more liklely MC has filled the boy's head with countless lies about his father for years. As we learned in the Liar, Liar podcast series, she made up all manner of false stories about him when she abandoned Tony Caddick in the UK ... for reasons we now all know about.

A senior police officer had concerns that the officer in charge of the investigation into Melissa Caddick’s disappearance was convinced the fraudster “was on the run” and was not looking at other possibilities including murder or self-harm, the inquest into her disappearance and presumed death has heard.

Could there be a possibility that after hearing of dna mistakes in the Shandee Blackburn case, that the testing of the foot in the shoe was inconclusive or done wrong to provide an answer that may of been null and void either way?

Police investigating Melissa Caddick's disappearance were 'short-staffed', inquest hears​

Police investigating accused Sydney fraudster Melissa Caddick's disappearance had only reviewed 20 per cent of the CCTV collected in the first three months after she vanished, an inquest has heard.

The court heard Inspector Atkins, the Crime Manager of the Eastern Suburbs Police Area Command, was sent an email from the Missing Persons Registry in mid-December 2020 offering extra resources.

It said a unit in the Strategic Intelligence and Capability Command was open to offering any help that might progress the investigation, specifically reviewing CCTV.

Inspector Atkins told the court she couldn't remember if that offer was taken up.

Kate McClymont

@Kate_McClymont

The Melissa Caddick inquest has been delayed until 11am as discussion continues over certain documents. #CaddickInquest

Detective Inspector Gretchen Atkins, Eastern Suburbs crime manager, is back in the witness box. She said there was no need to involve the homicide squad initially as they believed there were "no suspicious circumstances" following the Noc 2020 disappearance of Melissa Caddick.

DI Atkins said "I wasn’t investigating a homicide" & didn't request their assistance but they turned up to a meeting anyway on 23 November. Atkins said there was a lot of internal interest in the Caddick case. She wasn't sure how homicide came to be involved.

Three months after the disappearance of Melissa Caddick, only 20% of the CCTV footage had been reviewed. Crime manager Gretchen Atkins told the inquest, "We were quite short-staffed at this time" and that there weren't enough resources

"I didn’t see the value in going through these verbal loops with Mr Koletti,” said the officer who took over the Caddick investigation. "I just felt he was not a credible witness," Detective Sergeant Mick Foscholo told the

Caddick's husband Anthony Koletti was not a major beneficiary in her will or her life insurance policies, the inquest into her presumed death has heard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back