Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick Missing After Australian SIC Raid - Sydney (NSW) - Nov 2020 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The senior cop in charge of the Melissa Caddick investigation believes the missing fraudster killed herself by jumping from the cliffs near her Sydney eastern suburbs mansion just hours after her house of cards came tumbling down, an inquest has heard.

. . .

The court heard there were not any CCTV cameras on her most direct route to Rodney Reserve and she had not shown up on any footage viewed by officers.

The detective who took over the investigation into alleged fraudster Melissa Caddick's disappearance has told an inquest he didn't re-interview her husband to avoid going through "verbal loops".

Detective Sergeant Foscholo said although he felt her husband Anthony Koletti "wasn’t a credible witness", and accepted there were "major discrepancies" in his version of events, he didn't re-interview when he took over the case.

"I didn't see the value in going through these verbal loops with Mr Koletti."

. . .

Earlier, the inquest heard police had only reviewed 20 per cent of the CCTV collected in the first three months after Ms Caddick vanished.

Detective Inspector Gretchen Atkins described the review process as "time-consuming and painstaking".

. . .

The inquest ran for two weeks in September, but hearings went over time and further dates were arranged for Monday and Tuesday this week.

[BBM] Hearings have run over time again, so another date has been set for February with written submissions to be finalised that month.

Onlookers have rushed to the aid of a photographer after the enraged brother of missing fraudster Melissa Caddick tried to hit her outside the Downing Centre court complex.

The Herald’s Louise Kennerley was photographing Adam Grimley as he helped parents Barb and Ted into his black Lexus. Grimley, 55, who lists his occupation as a “business consultant”, opened the driver’s door, then changed his mind, charging back around the front of his car and onto the footpath.

“I saw his arm raised,” said Kennerley. “When he swung his right arm towards my head, I ducked and shielded my face. I was really worried he was going to hit me.”

Fraudster Melissa Caddick’s missing 30 hours explained​

Believed to have jumped into the sea at Rodney Reserve, several hundred metres from her home.

The 80 meter high cliffs of Rodney Reserve Dover Heights.
91EFEC0E-9BB5-4875-B057-D741A96D5A13.jpeg
Google Earth shows there are sections where she would fall directly into the water and another area where she would hit rocks.
The water at that height would be like hitting concrete so either way she would have broken bones.

Last edited:

Fraudster Melissa Caddick’s missing 30 hours explained​

Believed to have jumped into the sea at Rodney Reserve, several hundred metres from her home.

This article is not behind a paywall.

Fraudster Melissa Caddick’s missing 30 hours explained.​

According to Mr Koletti and Ms Caddick’s son, who can only be known as Witness B, she was heard exiting the front door around 5.30am, never to return.

However, police said they did not take Mr Koletti – a hairdresser and part-time DJ – at his word.

They considered the possibility that Ms Caddick may have left her home shortly after ASIC and the AFP departed on the evening of November 11.

This timing makes perfect sense to me. Koletti's story about them sleeping together that night without discussing the situation always smelled of bovine manure to me.

If anyone did open the front door at 5.30am, I'm inclined to think it was AK himself.

What a family.
I don't think I agree with this. Melissa yes, of course. But certainly not her parents. Or even her husband. As for her brother, yes he shouldn't have attacked the press who were only doing their job - but I can imagine how stressful it is for him, particularly being in the position of his parents' protector. I might have lashed out myself.

I don't think I agree with this. Melissa yes, of course. But certainly not her parents. Or even her husband. As for her brother, yes he shouldn't have attacked the press who were only doing their job - but I can imagine how stressful it is for him, particularly being in the position of his parents' protector. I might have lashed out myself.
But you have never met them?

Mink coats, handbags made from rare Burmese pythons, and necklaces festooned with black sapphires and diamonds were among more than 100 high-end possessions of fraudster Melissa Caddick that fetched a total of about $806,000 after three days of auctions.

. . .

This week’s auction results, along with the recent $48,000 artwork auction, will see almost $850,000 returned to investors. [bbm]

Well, not exactly. The receiver's fees will need to be taken out of that. The house sold for (say) $10 million less (say) $4.5 million owing on the mortgage and accrued interest for non-payment, so my estimate is that so far the auctions have grossed (say) $6 million before fees and any tax owing.

Even if a few more million can be clawed back, it's still a long way short of the alleged $30 million stolen from investors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back