Australia & New Zealand - COVID-19 Coronavirus

went to coles supermarket just before and i had never seen a notice go out that they were following woolworths lead in closing early at 8pm

and i got there at 7:56 and had to run around like a madman and grab a few things until i could go back out during the day tomorrow

8pm is just too early to close in my opinion my wife finishes late and we are so used to going around 8pm on a Wednesday

it was quite horrible i hope this panic buying slows down so this shopping stuff can go back to normal because this sucks

i feel like we have to go to 10 different stores to get what we need because of low stock and limits which furthers both our exposure to more people, it seems really backwards if you ask me

all our online shopping has been suspended as well for all places so you litterally have no choice

went to coles supermarket just before and i had never seen a notice go out that they were following woolworths lead in closing early at 8pm

and i got there at 7:56 and had to run around like a madman and grab a few things until i could go back out during the day tomorrow

8pm is just too early to close in my opinion my wife finishes late and we are so used to going around 8pm on a Wednesday

it was quite horrible i hope this panic buying slows down so this shopping stuff can go back to normal because this sucks

i feel like we have to go to 10 different stores to get what we need because of low stock and limits which furthers both our exposure to more people, it seems really backwards if you ask me

all our online shopping has been suspended as well for all places so you litterally have no choice

Yikes! Whereabouts has online shopping been suspended and why??

Yikes! Whereabouts has online shopping been suspended and why??

all over Australia because they can't keep up with whats happening in store which means they can not fulfill orders for online orders as orders from our grocery super markets are filled from your local store and only some of the orders are filled by a warehouse but even the warehouse is too busy right now just trying to keep stock on shelves each day

yesterday i drove past a supermarket near me at 5am to drop off my wife and i saw 6 semi trailers waiting to unload and this is not normal, usually they get 1 truck every 3 days and urgent stock is delivered by smaller trucks daily

Australian prime minister closes borders to all non residents
news.com.au — Australia’s #1 news site

yep i was just about to post this myself, Australian borders will be closed from tomorrow at 9pm to NON residents and the PM URGES every Australian overseas even in remote places to come home IMEDIATLY

@Oddsocks ... god bless mate and lets get through this the aussie way

The PM has reiterated that our reality has changed, saying Australians will have to "behave differently" for up to "six months".

"I understand people are anxious. But for the next six months we need to work together. So we do need to moderate our behaviour and understand things need to change. Life is not like it was before.

AUSTRAILA

Reuters: AUSTRALIA'S PRIME MINISTER SCOTT MORRISON SAYS TRAVEL BAN WILL BE PLACED ON NON-RESIDENTS, NON-AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS

Reuters: AUSTRALIA'S PRIME MINISTER SCOTT MORRISON SAYS BAN WILL COME INTO FORCE ON FRIDAY AT 9PM LOCAL TIME

Reuters: AUSTRALIA'S PRIME MINISTER SCOTT MORRISON SAYS SAYS OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF CASES OF CORONAVIRUS HAVE COME FROM OVERSEAS

Vincent Lee on Twitter

Thanks everyone for trying to answer yesterday when I asked if officials have identified what exactly is the main source of transmission that caused the cluster outbreak at that Australia wedding and other clusters.

There were some good thoughts on why the clusters are breaking out although I wish officials and scientists would prove exactly what caused them and then publish that information in the same articles about certain cluster outbreaks. We seldom see the official root cause report of why each main cluster happened. If each cluster has an official proven determined root cause, it would be nice to have that list somewhere.

I think its important that the officials prove each cluster's source so they can prevent other cluster outbreaks.

a place for all Websleuth Australians to post about Covid-19 and information from Australia

Ten Americans on SA wine tour test positive

Ten people from a US tour group were among 17 new positive coronavirus cases in South Australia, the biggest single-day jump so far since the emergence of the pandemic.

The tourists are part of a larger group of 18 from the US who are all now in isolation at their accommodation in the Barossa Valley, north of Adelaide. None have so far required hospital treatment but chief public health officer Nicola Spurrier said that could change.

Coronavirus Australia live updates

Last edited:
More than 150 sick passengers left Sydney coronavirus cruise

More than 150 people who fell sick on a recent cruise that docked in Sydney were allowed to disembark with no order to self-isolate, it has been reported.

The Ruby Princess docked in Sydney on Thursday with at least four passengers subsequently testing positive for COVID-19. Two of those flew from Sydney to Darwin, upping the Northern Territory's coronavirus figures.

Authorities are now urging the remaining 4000 passengers to go into lockdown.

Coronavirus Australia live updates

Five more cases confirmed in Tasmania

Five more cases of the coronavirus have been confirmed in Tasmania, bringing the states's total to 16.

The cases include one woman and two men who were on board the Ruby Princess cruise ship that docked in Sydney on Thursday, as well as a woman and man who recently travelled together in Europe.

Five more cases of the coronavirus have been confirmed in Tasmania, bringing the states's total to 16.

The cases include one woman and two men who were on board the Ruby Princess cruise ship that docked in Sydney on Thursday, as well as a woman and man who recently travelled together in Europe.

Coronavirus cases reach 16 in Tasmania as five people test positive in one day

More a personal note, this year my aussie family planned to visit Europe for the first time after like 40years, this was a combined business and private trip. Now all is for sure cancelled, makes my cousin so sad in addition to the fear how the crisis will develop around her.

More a personal note, this year my aussie family planned to visit Europe for the first time after like 40years, this was a combined business and private trip. Now all is for sure cancelled, makes my cousin so sad in addition to the fear how the crisis will develop around her.

yeah that is crazy, i think a lot of peoples vacations are cancelled now and lots of tourism industries are going to suffer badly

Current Total Number Of Infections In Australia Per State

The total number of confirmed cases, based on a tally of numbers provided by health authorities in each state and territory, now stands at 1073

There are now 1073 cases of COVID-19 in Australia

436 in New South Wales
229 in Victoria
221 in Queensland
90 in Western Australia
67 in South Australia
16 in Tasmania
9 in the ACT
5 in the Northern Territory

Huge spike in Aussie virus cases

Last edited:
Queensland will close its borders as the state government moves to stop the spread of coronavirus.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said her cabinet made the decision on Monday after the state confirmed 60 more cases of the disease, taking its tally to 319.
At a press conference earlier on Monday, the premier said people should “stay in their suburb” during holidays.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...coronavirus-spread-premier-announces-c-758261

My son and his gf live in Brisbane, the local elections as of today are still going ahead this Saturday!
Closing borders but having masses of people file into polling booths, voting with cardboard dividers between people which can't be cleaned, given 'how to vote' cards and slips of paper to vote, it should be postponed! Too late for postal voting, phone line for voting is constantly engaged!

Elderly people will turn up and risk contracting the virus! ECQ advice, bring your own pencil! :mad: o_O

Last edited:
Thousands of cruise ship passengers told to self-isolate due to coronavirus days after disembarking

Passengers from a recently arrived cruise ship in Sydney spent four days in the community before they received NSW government advice to self-isolate due to a positive coronavirus detection.
Now federal and state government ministers are blaming each other for how cruise arrivals have been handled.

Four cruise ships docked in Sydney last week, each with passengers who later tested positive for coronavirus
Passengers on board two of the vessels said there were no health checks

Three thousand people got off a cruise ship in Sydney last week. Four days later they were told to self-isolate

:rolleyes: :(

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr