Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know if Angela Chardon returned from that overseas trip?
And totally agree John Chardon was involved in organising Novys disappearance but i believe the sisters might have more to do with it too
I hope the darling children have been allowed to make contact with there grandparents, or visa versa. And if their dad is not allowing for communication to happen, i hope the law enforcement can help Novys mum speak to her beloved grandchildren.
So unfair and heartbreaking for these precious soles to now have to live there life without there mummy.
Also , i remember reading a post on one of the Chardon sisters facebook page probably around 11-13feb with a comment which was quiet nasty and emotional, and I remember thinking my god what have you done . I wish there was a way of being able to retrace deleted posts. Anyone know if there is a way.

For some reason this Case Interests me and perhaps many others out there but what I do not inderstand is that her FaceBook page was accessed on February 14, where Friends were added. Is this the police or one of her family? I thought that only if you are the account holder that you are the only person to have access to your FaceBook Account unless you have ticked - 'keep me logged in' or saved your details on the Computer.

For some reason this Case Interests me and perhaps many others out there but what I do not inderstand is that her FaceBook page was accessed on February 14, where Friends were added. Is this the police or one of her family? I thought that only if you are the account holder that you are the only person to have access to your FaceBook Account unless you have ticked - 'keep me logged in' or saved your details on the Computer.

This could be someone she had previously sent a friends request to that has only just accepted the request. But nice pick up.

:welcome: Brizrock!

These would be people accepting her "friendships" on Fb when Novy added them at a previous time. And if not, the homocide detectives would be on to that quick smart.

Why has this gone so quiet on MSM? Nothing for a while now. Seems strange. I've been following the Allison Baden-Clay case since April last year and just thought I'd pop over and see if there was any news about Novy. I'm sorry to hear she's not yet been found.

Bumping...

Wish there was some new information. Thinking of her family

I wonder how her darling children are going :( its so terribly sad for them and her family!

I wonder how her darling children are going :( its so terribly sad for them and her family!

I know, it's so sad Humdinger ...

Every day I Google Novy's name - it has been so long since there have been any updates - since the beginning of March.

The longer this takes, the longer Novy's children will be kept from their maternal grandparents/family.

Me too. Every day I hope there will be some news - and there never is. A whole month now, with no more information. Surely it must be regarded as suspicious that both his first and second wives are gone...Drug overdose... that would be easy enough to make happen, wouldn't it? Hard to believe that all his kids have grown up without mothers from a young age...

It really makes you wonder.....why such a radical difference between this case, and say, Allison Bayden-Clay?

This case has barely made the news....but a mother is still missing!! :(

Makes me so sad.

I have thought the same thing. I guess with Allison Baden-Clay, though, her body was found very soon after the investigation began, so there was a continual stream of information being fed back to the media as the case against GBC progressed. With Novy, there is no body, and perhaps not much of a case yet against anyone - so there isn't going to be anything to report until she is either found, or they have enough evidence to convict someone even in the absence of a body. QPS says the case is still being investigated - but no leads at this stage.

It really makes you wonder.....why such a radical difference between this case, and say, Allison Bayden-Clay?

This case has barely made the news....but a mother is still missing!! :(

Makes me so sad.

I agree, it's strange. Why haven't they continued searching with SES etc. I'm really hoping police are in the know about something - otherwise, why no more searching?:waiting:

I have thought the same thing. I guess with Allison Baden-Clay, though, her body was found very soon after the investigation began, so there was a continual stream of information being fed back to the media as the case against GBC progressed. With Novy, there is no body, and perhaps not much of a case yet against anyone - so there isn't going to be anything to report until she is either found, or they have enough evidence to convict someone even in the absence of a body. QPS says the case is still being investigated - but no leads at this stage.

Has someone has spoken with QPS recently Novyfriend?

I guess as QPS say they have 'no leads' then presumably nothing of Novy's was found on Clean Up Australia Day.

Not that they'd necessarily tell anyone if they were working on an active lead/leads .. and I sure hope they are. They may not have found Novy, but they have other clues with her car, its final placement, possible sightings of the car, CCTV, statements from friends, mobile phone records, etc. And remember they are already treating it as a suspicious disappearance for some specific reason, and were doing so right away pretty much.

As you say, it is not always necessary to find the missing person to work out what has happened to them, though it sure does help.

I'm thinking more about the actual search. With ABC, search teams worked day and night, they had all hands on deck.

This poor lady has been all but forgotten. Nobody I speak to locally even knows about this case. It's really sad.

It makes me angry. If I was missing I would want people out there looking for me!

It was posted on the QPS Facebook page that they are still investigating. Sorry - the no leads part was my assumption...based on the fact that it has been out of the media for so long, and no arrest has yet been made. They may well have lots of leads that haven't gone anywhere yet.
At the risk of sounding a bit racist, I do wonder if maybe there is a bit of a bias. Novy 's disappearance has not received as much coverage as ABC's case, that's for sure. ABC was also found in a relatively short period of time - but not by search parties. If her disappearance had been ongoing for two months, would the searches and the coverage for her have dropped off also?
It makes me angry too Goldilox. Whether she was "Australian" or not, Asian or not, she's still a mum with two young kids who are wondering why mummy isn't coming home. She's still someone's daughter, sister, aunt, friend, whatever...and there's still a whole lot of people worried for her and her kids who want to know what has happened to her.

Freya1977...not sure where you are when you say nobody locally knows anything about the case...but I am on the Gold Coast, where it happened, and a lot of people here look at me blankly when I talk about it. So that kind of tells you a lot about the coverage, I guess. I doubt anyone would NOT know about ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong