Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing online but GCB paper issue today (Thurs 17th) reported that yesterday, both JWC's daughters from marriage to MC were called as defence witnesses for him. The younger daughter, whose friend is bringing the allegations, said she and the girl were wild teenagers, referring to drinking, smoking and sneaking out at night after death of her mother and being raised by father. But denied complainant ever spoke to her about sexual assault - also denied by other sister.

Thanks nowvoyager. :seeya:

Somehow it doesn't surprise me at all that the older girls would be defending their father. They have a lot of inheritance to lose if they get on the wrong side of him. Hopefully the judge keeps that under consideration.

The jury has retired

So let's see what happens... And as much as I loathe this man, I have to take into account that this woman *was* actually a "paid mistress":

A JURY has retired to consider verdicts in the trial of a Gold Coast father accused of molesting and raping his daughter’s teenage best friend.

Chardon has pleaded not guilty in the Southport District Court to six charges: indecent treatment of a child under 16 while in care, two counts of indecent treatment of a child and three counts of rape. Chardon, now 66, has claimed it was the schoolgirl who first propositioned him, offering sex for $400.

In a recorded police interview he told officers he rang his lawyer and was firmly warned that sex with a minor was illegal.

He admitted he and the girl later began a “consensual, long-term sexual relationship” once she turned 18.

The complainant, now a 28-year-old mother-of-three, also admitted to having an adult sexual relationship with Chardon while she was at university but only after he offered cash and made her sign a confidentiality agreement.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...s-teenage-friend/story-fnje8bkv-1226993290849

IDK, shades of Rolf Harris here, who was recently convicted of molesting a woman with whom he continued a sexual relationship until she was *29* years old, and I had serious doubts there as to why a genuine victim of child rape would choose to go back time and again for years afterward to willingly have sex with him. No different here....

Either an ex-lover seeking revenge, or a woman severely taken advantage of, seeking justice. It's hard to tell. Could go either way, IMO. Though the admission of the phone call to the lawyer presents exactly the opposite of the intended effect.... not a smart move, that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151