Australia Australia - Passy Reyes, 18, Mona Vale, NSW, 18 July 2001

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Ellie1, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Ellie1

Ellie1 Well-Known Member

Missing from Mona Vale, NSW, Australia since 18 July 2001. Passy Reyes was an 18 year old girl in her final year of high school. She is believed to have left home, wearing her formal (prom) dress and jewelry, around 4.45 am on the morning of her disappearance and is believed to have left voluntarily. She was severely stressed about the outcome of her final year of school and exams. She was an overachiever, creating 23 works of art for a class only requiring one, and socially withdrawn during her studies.

She was last seen by a bus driver on Pittwater Rd at 4.45 am that morning. Her formal dress and jewelry were found neatly folded on the steps of Mona Vale beach and clothes were reported missing from a neighbor's clothesline. The search for her covered both ground and ocean and no trace of her has ever been found.

Her family believe she is alive and presumably living under an assumed identity.

There isn't a lot of media coverage but perhaps the sharp minds and eyes on WS can offer thoughts. There have been newspaper articles but I'm having trouble finding links to them as they're so old.

Passy REYES

2. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

Article from 2014

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

"MYSTERY surrounds the origin of a human jawbone found on Sunday at The Basin at Mona Vale Beach.

All police are able to say at the moment is the jawbone belonged to an adolescent but the gender, ethnicity and vintage of the jawbone are yet to be determined"

3. TootsieFootsie

4. Ellie1

Ellie1 Well-Known Member

This turned out to be a toddler's jaw bone from approximately 1000 years ago (!) (link: We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph)

5. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

Wow!

On another note, prayers of strength and comfort for Passy’s loved ones in their search.

6. TootsieFootsie

Wow was what I was goint to say too!!

My thoughts with the family too.

7. Andieinsyd

Andieinsyd Well-Known Member

Adding my thoughts for Passy's family also, so terribly difficult for them.

8. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

Dear TootsieFootsie,

Thank you so much for sharing this insightful article about the tremendous stress that students can feel burdened under during school.

This is deeply saddening.

My heart goes out to Passy's loved ones.

May they continue to hold one another close. Passy's light will shine forever in their hearts.

9. mussopossum

mussopossum Well-Known Member

I didnt realize this was on here, Happened in my town where I was living for ten years. Still an absolute mystery and no answers for the family.

Bohemian and TootsieFootsie like this.