Australia AUSTRALIA - Perth missing/murdered SK victims

An interesting old article from the Post newspaper with lots of information about Julie Cutler's family circumstances , detailing death of her mother, father recently remarried, and family moving to Kalgoorlie, leaving her on her own in Perth.
Goes towards sleuthing her state of mind.
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=103679664

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

The family of*Julie Cutler*once thought by police to be the first victim of the Claremont Serial Killer, say they finally feel able to erect a graveside plaque accepting her death.
It has been 20 years since 23-year-old's car was towed from the surf at Cottesloe beach two day's after she left a staff function at the Parmela Hilton Hotel around midnight on June 20, 1998.
Her family hope technology will be able to analise clues left in the car by the killer.
Rachel Cutler was 10 when Julie, her half sister went missing.
She said police had told her father that they suspected Julie had been taken by the same person who abducted three women from the Claremont Hotel in the 1990's.
"Julie disappeared seven years before the first Claremont abduction," Rachel said this week.
"The connection was mentioned by police, who said the case was being looked at in association with the Claremont Serial Killings.
"But the details of what was said during those conversations is not for us to say, it is up to the police.
The Cutler family will hold a memorial mass at Julie's former school Iona Presentation College, next month.
"We haven't had a mass for Julie before," said Rachel. "We were always hoping a body would turn up - but because it has been 20 years now, we have decided to accept that we won't have a body to bury."
Rachel said the family hoped new evidence would lead to the perpetrator being caught.
"With advances in technology, we hope DNA can be obtained off cigarette filters that were found in Julie's car," she said.
"They were from a type of cigarette we know Julie didn't smoke and it might prove to be the lead we need."
"Maybe someonewho suspected something at the time will have the courage to come forward and contact Crimestoppers."
A plaque for Julie will be erected at her mother Robyn's grave at Karrkatta cemetery.
Mrs Cutler died from cancer when Julie and her sister Nicole were young girls.
Their father Roger remarried and had four more children - Rachel, Rebecca, Alexander and Jessica.
"But mum and dad talk about her often as does Nicole - they were around the same age and very close, and had grown up together. Nicole has four kids of her own.
"My father has been affected most by what happened."
"I think fathers feel they are the protectors of their children , especially their daughters -and as Julie was the first daughter, he was very fond of her.
"When things like this happen you feel quite powerless."
Rachel said the family never believed Julie would be found alive.
"When she disappeared we feared the worst because it was completely out of character," Rachel said.
"She was consicentious person and wouldn't have put anyone through what my parents and family have gone through.
"We had only just moved to Kalgoorlie from Perth and Julie called dad and told him she was planning to come up for a month."
"She had been saving uop to go travelling after graduating from WAIT (now Curtin University) where she majored in English literature, with a minor in theatre arts."
During the Claremont murder investigations, it was reported that Julie had attended classes at the University with a man police said was their prime suspect.
"We did hear that but didn't think much of it," Rachael said. "She went through classes with hundreds of people, so I don't know if thats relevant.
"Mum and dad didn't want to worry us about it at the beginning.
"They didn't tell us what had happened but a couple of day's later we saw a story on the news that said Julie's car had been dragged out of the surf.
"We asked mum and she said dad would tell us about it later. All he said was that she had gone missing and didn't know where she was. We were both old enough to surmise that she was dead.
"Because it was such a horrific thing to happen it made me aware, from a very young age, that bad things can happen to you.
"As a result, i think our parents were a lot more protective to the point of being overly cautious when we were growing up.
"When it came to Perth to go to University, I would call them and let them know if i was going out at night and I would call them when I got home."
The Cutler family have never spoken to the families of the three Claremont victims - Sarah Spiers,*Jane Rimmer*and*Ciara Glennon.
"It was hard for us and I felt sad for their families," said Rachael.
"We didn't want to intrude on their grief and didn't contact them out of respect because we understood what a highly traumatic experience it is."
Julie and Nicole attend Iona Presentation College when the family lived in Perth.
Julie was at Iona between 1975 and 1982 where she did her TAFE and I thought the school would be the most appropriate place to have the memorial service," said Rachael.
"The school and the sisters have been very gracious towards us and we believe in the power of mass, so it will be a healing process for us.
"The plaque we are putting on the grave of Julie's mother means there will be a place where people can go and remember Julie.
"Over time the pain of grief isn't as strong and you learn to cope with it.
"The hardest times have been when we hear media reports of people going missing or a body being found, it brings back the emotions of 20 years ago.

by Romy Ranali, post.com.au
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=103679664

Wallet left at home.
Work clothes abandoned in a cafe.
Rings her sister and only talks about a scary experience with a car on Stirling Hwy.
Mother dead.
Father remarried.
Step family moved to Kalgoorlie.
In Perth on her own.
Split with boyfriend.
Went to prestigious school, but has poorly paying unprestigious job.
Has degree, but that particular degree doesn't give you a good job. (Note that Lance Williams became a lowly public servant even though got the same degree).
"beloved" old car found "dumped" in ocean at Cottesloe Beach.
Julie disappears.

IMO we're not dealing with an evil third party being responsible for Julie's disappearance, but Julie herself.

https://thewest.com.au/news/perth/senior-cop-probed-in-finn-case-burke-ng-b88498789z
Senior cop probed in Shirley Finn case says Brian Burke

Gary Adshead

Wednesday, 7 June 2017 1:20AM

The former premier said a senior police officer was under investigation.
Brian Burke has revealed for the first time that a “very senior police officer” was under investigation for murder during his time as premier and that he believed the inquiry was into the unsolved killing of brothel madam Shirley Finn.
The revelation centres on a confidential briefing he received in 1985 from then police commissioner Brian Bull.
Details of the briefing will be included in Mr Burke’s soon-to-be-published memoirs and they are likely to prompt interest from the long-awaited coroner’s inquest into the 1975 shooting of Ms Finn in South Perth.
Mr Burke recounted some details of the meeting with Mr Bull during a speaking engagement last week in Fremantle.
“Brian Bull asked me for a meeting saying he had something very confidential to tell me,” Mr Burke writes in his book, A Tumultuous Life.
“I had no idea what it might be but was taken aback.”
The former premier, who was jailed in 1994 for rorting travel allowances, claims Mr Bull explained the senior officer was being investigated over allegations he had committed murder, though the commissioner didn’t reveal which case the inquiry was into.
“He said the police officer was so senior that he couldn’t use internal investigations from WA and so he called investigators in from NSW,” Mr Burke said.
“I didn’t hear any more but I told some of my ministers. We didn’t know what we could do other than to support the commissioner in whatever action he took.”

An inquest will be held in September into the death of Shirley Finn.
The murder of Ms Finn has been mired in rumours of police involvement since she was shot four times in the back of the head and found slumped in the driver’s seat of her car alongside Royal Perth golf course.
Mr Burke said he was told some time after his 1985 meeting with Mr Bull that the officer under investigation was retiring and the matter had been resolved.
“To this day the Shirley Finn matter remains under investigation,” Mr Burke said. “There were all sorts of things associated with that period that were difficult to handle, difficult to know what to do.”
The inquest will be held in September.
Attempts by The West Australian to contact Mr Bull were unsuccessful.
“I want to make it absolutely clear that Bull didn’t make any mention of Shirley Finn,” Mr Burke said yesterday.
“The reference in the book to Finn is what has been common knowledge and mentioned to me from time to time.”

GRV12QB4P.2-1.jpg
Police look for evidence after murder of Shirley Finn.Picture: The West AustralianMs Finn was shot on the same evening that she told friends and family she was due to meet someone to discuss problems with her business.
She never revealed who she was meeting.
Ms Finn had been threat-ening to disclose details to the tax office of bribes she was paying to police.

GRV12QB3T.2-1.jpg
Murder victim Shirley Finn.Picture: Facebook/Who Murdered Shirley Finn

[FONT=&quot]http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/hayley-dodd-murder-accused-to-face-judgeonly-trial/news-story/35022da83d59cbd8dbe7072bfbf3acc7

e9dd323513b95d8ef8334563e08c3397

Francis John Wark, who has pleaded not guilty to Hayley Dodd's murder.
WA News
[h=1]Hayley Dodd: Murder accused to face judge-only trial[/h]

35022da83d59cbd8dbe7072bfbf3acc7
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tim Clarke, PerthNow
an hour ago

35022da83d59cbd8dbe7072bfbf3acc7
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]THE criminal history of Francis John Wark - the man accused of murdering missing teenager Hayley Dodd – will be included in his trial later this year, which will be heard by a judge alone.

WA’s Supreme Court said today that Mr Wark’s application that he should be tried without a jury because of the extensive publicity surrounding the case had been granted.
fc5e2a9386c7fe9e2b369c346d979521

Hayley Dodd
And Justice Janine Pritchard also ruled that so-called “propensity evidence”, which details former crimes which may have relevance to guilt in the current accusations, will also be permitted to be used by prosecutors.
Mr Wark, 61, was charged in December 2015 with murdering the 17-year-old, who was last seen walking along a road in Badgingarra in July 1999.
The teenager’s disappearance has become one of WA’s most infamous cold cases. Mr Wark has pleaded not guilty to murder and is due to go to trial in October.
Mr Wark’s lawyer Darryl Ryan has previously said that his client’s application for a trial without a jury was lodged because of “concerns” about publicity surrounding the case.
He was remanded in custody to appear in court again next week. His trial is scheduled to start in October.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-...lbert-in-broome/8678490?WT.ac=localnews_perth

Petronella Albert went missing in April 1999. 9 months later a relative thought she was seen in Perth at a railway station. In the meantime building flooding possibly destroyed some of the casefiles. A 2 day inquest is currently occurring.

Tragic about the flooding

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Susan Christie's body has never been found, and no one yet has been proved guilty. http://www.news.com.au/news/its-murder-but-a-mystery/news-story/88901f5c5c2820ce80d36b0b5c439a53

Was Dr Andrew Dunn ever considered a suspect by WA_Police, or was his alibi accepted? I vaguely remember something about a time stamp on a photo taken at a party. Can anyone remember if this it?
http://wa.general.narkive.com/N0OD6w4o/jury-told-of-sleazy-doctor

It would appear that the Claremont Serial Killer Thread has been shut down by WS.

It would appear that the Claremont Serial Killer Thread has been shut down by WS.

Hi Pete, can you please tell me why you think the CSK thread was closed? Could it have been due to the recent topic being discussed?

Also, do you think there is any merit in thinking BE is innocent and it's all a cover up? Or is it a deliberate derailment.

Appreciate your opinions.

Thanks HL

Hi Pete, can you please tell me why you think the CSK thread was closed? Could it have been due to the recent topic being discussed?

Also, do you think there is any merit in thinking BE is innocent and it's all a cover up? Or is it a deliberate derailment.

Appreciate your opinions.

Thanks HL
It's open again, so maybe it was just to fix broken quotes and deleting Subjudicial posts where posters were asserting guilt or innocence.

A good definition of Sub Judice>
http://www.vgso.vic.gov.au/content/managing-risk-sub-judice-contempt#whatis

[video=twitter;902448136915886080]https://twitter.com/andreamayes11/status/902448136915886080[/video]

[video=twitter;902480493765025793]https://twitter.com/perthbrk/status/902480493765025793[/video]

[video=twitter;902663475196968960]https://twitter.com/westaustralian/status/902663475196968960[/video]

[video=twitter;902657412586278913]https://twitter.com/DrJM_Fernandez/status/902657412586278913[/video]

[video=twitter;902524421231038465]https://twitter.com/primenewsau/status/902524421231038465[/video]

There is talk by Button I think it was that the date on the pipes is newer than body above the pipes.

However the drainer can occassionly dig a hole and ram the pipes through the sand without digging a trench through bitumen etc.
Not sure horizontal borers common in the day at least in that type of small job.
Cheaper to cut the hard deck snd dig a trench.

Some reports said Sharon Mason was under the shed.
There is plenty of anomolies around the Mason case that dont add up.
That could be the reporting accuracy.
Then there is horizontal boring which probably wasnt around at the time.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/sha...m/news-story/4d0a942423fb95e4419e554f216ca148
Pete Davo. Plumbers dont need horizontal borers. Quite oftens drainers push the pipe through Perth sand.

Interesting thing with Sharon Mason was buried behind BRE second wife and early Gosnells girls French restaurant next door Arthur Greer.
Pamela Lawrence bashed to death in a motiveless crime in a shop across the road Sharon Mason in the carpark.
The immediate area it appears, was full of murderers.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/557f281e68cdf76d572843291ea9cef7

Im sure I read that at some point investigators felt Masons body had been possibly 'frozen' as the body was not decomposed for its age.

Im sure I read that at some point investigators felt Masons body had been possibly 'frozen' as the body was not decomposed for its age.
I believe the father lived in a block of flats. Is that the block next to Glyde St? Was the alleyway behind the French Restaurant and other businesses, her route home? She was looking for an after-school job? Was that reported from other businesses there too?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back