Australia Australia - Peter Falconio, 28, Barrow Creek, NT, 14 Jul 2001

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Parmenides, May 3, 2008.

1. Jackster

Jackster New Member

Marg from Oz likes this.

2. Jackster

Jackster New Member

Marg from Oz likes this.
  3. Jackster

Jackster New Member

I do not understand why if BM was indeed there as claimed, looked for JL while she hid in bushes why a) his dog could not find her and there were no dog prints at all and b) why would he go away, this woman is a witness to a crime why would he just let her go and not wait till morning to find her … very fishy IMO

4. crazychris

crazychris Well-Known Member

They do sound to be absolutely certain it was him and would swear to it in court if necessary. He was with another guy and they sped away, having realised probably that he'd been seen.

5. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

He'd be there on the highway with a dead body beside the road or in his own vehicle, he's smuggling drugs, he's high and paranoid. It's . . . a challenging situation. What if someone thinks he's broken down and stops to help? Remembers him? What if it's police and they suss something and want to check out the car? Would he have thought that he'd definitely find Joanne if he waited till morning? He doesn't know she's hidden herself quite close; she appears to be gone: perhaps she's taken off across country and will get lost and perish there. If not, what kind of a witness will Joanne be? She's only had a glimpse of him and they'll never cross paths accidentally. She can't say it's him out of all the people in Australia if she never sees him again. He needs to get out of there, that's playing to his strengths, he can be back in Broome in near unbelievable time, and afterwards with luck they'll all forget what day it was.

Dogs find their own people. I think a dog that hasn't been trained to do so won't necessarily find a stranger, especially without a scent prompt.

6. Mrs Marple

Mrs Marple Well-Known Member

She was probably exaggerating the length of time- if it was so dark how could she know, she would not have been able to see her watch.

If she was in on it...what has she gained, except notoriety? She could have come forward at the time of Murdoch being arrested and stopped it all. Did she get a pay out, does anyone know?

7. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

Not to link. In my opinion, yes she received payments of various kinds, and I've got nothing against that. She was treated very badly by police.

The time Joanne was picked up by the road train isn't really open to question. I'm not sure about the start time--I think they left the previous stop around sunset so perhaps it's estimated by the distance travelled.

TootsieFootsie likes this.
  8. glitters

glitters Member

A crime wasn't committed that day, a crime was created. FREE BRADLEY MURDOCH.

crazychris and PatLaurel like this.
  9. Bluebear15

Bluebear15 Well-Known Member

Bradley Murdoch is a proven murderer and a very dangerous man. I wonder how many of the people claiming his innocence would happily house him in their home...with their female family members!! None, I'd guess.

renee_ellis and Mrs Marple like this.