Australia Australia - Peter Falconio, 28, Barrow Creek, NT, 14 Jul 2001

[h=1]'We walked in those shoes for eight years': Daniel Morcombe's parents join Joanne Lees in search for her slain British boyfriend Peter Falconio[/h]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4219962/Daniel-Morcombe-s-parents-join-Joanne-Lees-search.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/is-peter-falconios-murderer-still-at-large-experts-claim-the-wrong-man-was-jailed_uk_58da3536e4b0f805b32375c6

The man convicted of murdering British backpacker Peter Falconio should be retried, claim two legal experts who believe he is innocent.

Bradley Murdoch was convicted in 2005 of murdering Falconio, 28, and assaulting his girlfriend Joanne Lees at gunpoint on a remote stretch of highway near Barrow Creek, about 200 miles north of Alice Springs on 14 July 2001.

Falconio’s body has never been found.

Now former criminal lawyer Andrew Fraser – who was once jailed for five years for importing cocaine – and his business partner Victor Susman, told Australia’s Channel 10 show The Project they believe the DNA evidence linking 59-year-old Murdoch to the murder is unstable.

The pair have examined thousands of pages of police and prosecution material and believe they have found enough evidence to put a petition of mercy to the Northern Territory Government, requesting a retrial for Murdoch.

“We both believe (Murdoch’s) not guilty,” Susman said. “There’s just hole after hole in what (Lees) says,” said Fraser.

I'm really not sure why the Huff has included the line about Fraser's criminal record. It's irrelevant to the case in hand. Although presumably it's to cast doubt on him as an expert.

I'm always torn by this case. I've read enough about it to believe the evidence was wonky at best. But I don't know if that's enough to say he definitely didn't do it, just they couldn't find anything else. And I've never subscribed to the theory that Lees did it. I think a lot of her odd behaviour was simply grief - or maybe other issues, but not due to guilt. I think if she had done it, there would be more evidence. But this is all MOO and not based on much more than gut feeling. Saying that I did read her autobiography a few years ago and I didn't feel I could like her. I wonder if she is just the type of person that people don't always get on with.

Anonymous letter writer claims to know where Peter Falconio's body is buried
By Natalie Cornish 5 hours ago

An anonymous letter sent to a Northern Territory newspaper could shed new light on where the body of murdered British backpacker, Peter Falconio is buried.

NT News says it received the explosive note on Tuesday morning sent via air mail from an Australian ex-pat now living in London.

Typed on A4 paper, the unknown author claims convicted murderer Bradley John Murdoch "cut the body up and put it in two large bags". And he allegedly recruited a criminal associate — who the paper hasn't named — to bury Falconio's body in a remote part of Western Australia.

Northern Territory police are now studying the note which claims Murdoch demanded his associate had flown to Darwin and met him in the Outback in the days following the backpacker's disappearance in July 2001 — and told the man on arrival "he had murdered a guy in self-defence".

Read more at http://honey.nine.com.au/2017/04/20/05/25/peter-falconio-letter/#BA3zDPI1byYyKjxW.99

BBM.

Interesting, and I hope it eventually leads to Peter's body.... but the distances involved make it seem unlikely.

Murdoch allegedly asked the "criminal associate" to fly in to Darwin (was Murdoch headed that way?) to collect a body, but then fly back to Perth from Adelaide, a round trip of about 3500 miles. Why bother when there are plenty of places to hide a body up north?

Seems this associate has been named in the letter so no doubt the police will be speaking to him imminently. Fingers crossed for a break in this case. We shall see.

Murdoch was back in Broome within about a day of the incident at Barrow Creek. So he's what, rested a little and then driven back out to Darwin? Where's the body meanwhile? Travelling along with him, or placed in storage somewhere along the route between Alice Springs and Broome, and then picked up again and taken to Darwin? After which it's in a condition to be flown to Perth?

Not to mention that 'a remote part of Western Australia' is about a third of the continent.

Good grief - it would be funny if it were not so sad..... so this * associate * meets Bradley in Darwin, collects the body and then travels to Perth - via Adelaide ! Really ??
Exactly as you say Cags, there are numerous places to hide a body up north. And, if he absolutely had to go to Perth, why not just go directly there, instead of this odd detour in the opposite direction.

Wonder how the body was packed, can't imagine he would be Mr Popular on a long train journey with that kind of luggage.

I am always saying I will post more on here. I spent almost a year or more of my life debating this case when it happened. Unfortunately ( for us sleuths ) when the trial was announced, the thread on the website ( not WS ) was taken down, in order not to prejudice the trial.
I kept reams of my notes and posts that I and others had made. But , a few years ago, I had a clear out and shredded the lot. I felt very angry at the way the police stitched up Bradley ( imo of course ) and I just did not want to look at the file again. Plus I felt it had taken over too much of my life already.
Not trying to say he was a great person, far from it, but I don't believe he was involved in PFs disappearance.
Would be good if PF was located someday but doubt it will happen now - too many years gone by.

Former lead investigator in Peter Falconio case says claim backpacker’s body is buried in WA is ‘bizarre’

Police are reviewing the letter to determine whether it warrants further investigation.

An anonymous letter has claimed Peter Falconio’s body was dumped in Western Australia.
Former police officer and lead investigator in the case Colleen Gwynne told 9NEWS the letter is unusual in that it names a potential accomplice.

"What is unusual is the naming of a potential accomplice, that is quite unusual. It gives police a starting point but information of this nature has trickled through for a number of years now," Ms Gwynne said.

The letter details how Falconio's body was cut up, put into plastic bags and taken to Adelaide then to Perth by train before the remains were buried around Geraldton in Western Australia.

“The theory is a little bit bizarre, why you would take a body over into another jurisdiction to then dispose of it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, but being an ex-police officer logic is often thrown out the window," Ms Gwynne said.

“My biggest issue is why you would bring it to the media and not the police? So if you wanted to come clean and your conscience got the better of you, you would take it to the Northern Territory police.”

http://www.9news.com.au/National/20...out-of-Peter-Faclonios-body-Western-Australia

TGY, to this day I doubt that JL remembers what took place that night. She was stoned out of her brain when the alleged attack took place.

Well that interruption really ruined her night, poor girl !

I'm always torn by this case. I've read enough about it to believe the evidence was wonky at best. But I don't know if that's enough to say he definitely didn't do it, just they couldn't find anything else.

It's a while since I looked at the details of this case but I was under the impression that once the police had Murdoch in their sights they more or less stopped looking at other possible perpetrators. They were under such pressure to "solve" the case that they fixated on Murdoch as the first likely suspect to come into the frame.

[video=youtube;BXzRuv9dXK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXzRuv9dXK8[/video]

Joanne Lees, Deception in the Outback.

Don't know if anybody will read this but - for those members on here who, like me, used to post regularly on the "Aliens" website, about the mystery of Falconio's disappearance - I have today discovered that the Aliens site has been taken down permanently. So all those posts, discussions and arguments that we had have been consigned to the ether forever.
Such a shame.

I never posted on there but read most of it. Sorry for you and the other posters. Hopefully the discussion picks up here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back