GUILTY Australia - Renea Lau, 32, raped & murdered, Melbourne, 28 June 2014

Thank goodness for this guy!!:happydance:

A sharp-eyed Merimbula businessman played a key role in the capture and arrest of a suspect wanted for a brutal Melbourne murder.

The man, who does not wish to be indentified, happened to be driving back from Melbourne on Monday at about 1.30pm, when he noticed the suspect hitchhiking along the road and immediately called police. The Merimbula man had earlier seen news reports in Melbourne which included a photograph of the suspect.

http://www.merimbulanewsonline.com....n-plays-key-role-in-arrest-of-murder-suspect/

I'll throw it out and say that I'll bet he is mentally ill. If he left WA six weeks ago, there's a good chance he isn't taking meds. From the small amount of info released, it doesn't like he made an effort to conceal his involvement. Though this makes it more scary that he's still around the public, it increases my confidence that he'll be caught soon.

He suffered from drug-induced psychosis, mouth infection, that was what his LAWYER said. Two girls was helping him to escape and this guy on their car for ages. And few hours before, he was talking with one guy who brought him beer and he was ok and just like 'average aussie bloke'. Just because he committed the crime, does it mean his lawyer can't help him?

He suffered from drug-induced psychosis, mouth infection, that was what his LAWYER said. Two girls was helping him to escape and this guy on their car for ages. And few hours before, he was talking with one guy who brought him beer and he was ok and just like 'average aussie bloke'. Just because he committed the crime, does it mean his lawyer can't help him?

Welcome 01100. I was taking a wild guess on the mental illness thing, based on reports that he was homeless, the timeline of him leaving WA, and the reports that suggested to me he made no effort to hide the crime. With further reports it seems he led a transient lifestyle, but we don't know if that was by choice or otherwise. Not in response to your post, just generally, I'd like to make clear that I don't think people with mental illness are any more likely to commit violent crimes. He's absolutely entitled to legal defence, whatever happened in his past or present. I wouldn't have it any other way. The witnesses to his mental state immediately before and after the crime will be important in his case, if he tries to use mental illness/psychosis as a defence. That's just my uninformed opinion. I'm keeping an open mind whether any past drug or mental problems are related to his state of mind during this crime. I think the lawyer was only talking about his past? We know so little about what transpired leading up to Renae's murder. If there's drug and/or mental health issues, I hope he's getting treatment in prison. He committed a dreadful crime, but his rights and welfare are still important. It's sad all round.

A HOMELESS man who brutally raped and murdered a woman in Kings Domain says he is “happy” to go to jail because he would have a roof over his head.

Scott Allen Miller, 43, pleaded guilty to murder and two counts of rape in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today over the killing of 32-year-old Renea Lau on June 28 last year.

Ms Lau, a Chinese national formally known as Yuk Ling Lau, had been on her way to work when she was chased by Miller, knocked unconscious, dragged to a secluded spot and sexually assaulted in an ordeal that lasted for more than an hour.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/scott-allen-miller-pleads-guilty-to-rape-murder-of-renea-lau/story-fni0fee2-1227185608239

On January 20, Miller was remanded by Justice Christopher Beale for a pre-sentence hearing on April 27.

A HOMELESS man who brutally raped and murdered a woman in Kings Domain says he is “happy” to go to jail because he would have a roof over his head.

I hope there never comes a day when Australia starts building prisons similar to the new age prisons in Norway. ALL the criminals in the country would be going overboard and clamouring to get in there via whatever means they can come up with.

March 16, 2015

Even before the $25 million Halden Prison — touted as the world’s most humane — came into existence, inmates could expect to serve out their sentences in surroundings more comfortable than most people’s homes.

Each of Halden’s 252 prisoners is assigned a private cell with a mini-fridge, flat-screen TV and ensuite bathroom. Not only do the cells have windows, they have windows without bars to let in more light.

A kitchen with stainless steel work tops and living room furnished with comfy sofas and coffee tables are provided for every 10 to 15 inmates.

Then there’s the recording studio where prisoners can channel their criminal urges into making music, a fully-stocked library and a gym equipped with, of all things, a rock-climbing wall.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...ons-in-the-world/story-fnixwvgh-1227265315097

Just marking this thread for Renea.

I was driving to the snow with a friend and I saw Miller hitchhiking under the bridge, in the rain that creepy morning. I think of Renea now every ski season.
Our great Vic Pol/ homicide working her case were so nice and did a great job.

Glad Renea and her loved one's got some justice. Sadly never enough to replace an innocent life, but more than some get.
RIP Renea :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back