Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Question - If he has disclosed where they are buried, would they not take him there in person, for him to show where they are. This would also be used as more evidence. what do you all think...

I agree that if he leads them there then it’s 100% admission.
I remember when Bret Cowen lead the ‘Mr Big’ guys to where he left Daniel Morcombe and the detectives came out of the bushes. Hello, hello, hello. Gold, pure gold.

I don’t think he’d have shot the gas bottle, what would be the point? He’d have to still go and set the campsite on fire, and by then most of the gas would’ve leaked out. Don’t believe what you see in the movies. I reckon a better bet is that he turned the gas on slow inside the tent and lit a fire, hoping the leaking gas would fuel it.

I actually wonder if he got annoyed by the drone and shot it out of the air. That would’ve made Russell furious and provoked a fight.

Poor Carol must have been terrified when the men started arguing and then the worst happened

Last edited:
GL's family expressed their distress over the case, while acknowledging the anguish of the campers' families.

"It has been distressing for our family and the families of the deceased and we are completely traumatised as well by these tragic events," they said.

"We need to deal with the legal proceedings as they arise and try to restore some balance in our lives. We also acknowledge the suffering of the Clay and Hill families at this difficult time."

The family said they understood the media were interested in the proceedings but asked for privacy.

There's a short video showing the wild weather searchers had to endure today.

Family of pilot charged with murder of missing campers speak

The sister and niece of a friend of mine were, probably still are, employed by one of the Commonwealth agencies (not sure if it was ASIO, ASIS, AFP) to listen to intercepted telephone calls and report. They worked from home on this, years before Covid. They were not trained police but would have had strict security clearances.

Do police really do that? I mean, would a judge give permission? And who has the manpower to listen to recordings from every room in the house 24/7?

Possibly there might have been officers sitting outside. Hear shouting and see him slam the door and rush out. One vehicle follows him, other officer goes to the front door and find an excuse to start asking questions.

JMO

I wondered whether the fire was meant to set off a bushfire and completely destroy everything around the camp site

I like this part of the theory re. shooting out a gas bottle, which caused the fire, mainly because I can't see why anyone would do that deliberately as it draws attention to it being a crime as opposed to the theory that the couple got lost in the bush etc..

100% agree. Notwithstanding the previous wife who died suddenly, I wouldn't be surprised if we find other missing / murdered people within a remarkable radius of where GL has been known to travel and camp
When I posted last about campsite spot argument possibly as LE suggested I was actually thinking of what you are suggesting here. I wouldn't be surprised either. Reminds me of the possible "Smiley Face Killers" sort of thing but a single individual here (?). The more remote the more chances to not be discovered and tracks covered. The fire in the tent makes me think maybe he sat in those chairs, possibly. Maybe the deer carcasses were a rouse to throw LE off. I wonder if Russel let the perp. get close and was friendly, unknowingly what was about to take place? That would be heartwrenching IMO. Russell would have tried to calm a fight he wouldn't have engaged in angering. Maybe he lured them away from the campsite, but then he would have to come back for the sleeping bags. I'm sorry I can't see this as anything but an act of barbarity as in Serial killer type of way. I've pondered the possible scenarios but with Russel's character it just doesn't happen IMO. The drone footage can be erased so Russel would have said so and thus the end of the conflict and continue camping peacefully. Russell could have shown the perp that he was erasing footage so I can't see anything else but barbarity, here. Its so very sad this scenario but I think this is it.

Regarding Daily Mail story this morning (which I now think is wrong) indicating that GL disclosed where 2 x bodies are buried:

If GL has co-operated with Police - what was his incentive?
They have charged him with 2 x Murder not 2 x manslaughter. Not even 1 Murder and 1 Manslaughter.
GL is 55 years old so even with 2 x Manslaughter would be looking at 40 years. Looking at life behind bars anyway.
At the press conference Police said it was very complicated and may take years to sort out etc.

This does not sound like GL is giving them info to assist or it would be more simple. Least of all giving Police the most important info that they need (where Russell and Carol are) but not disclosing where the trailer is?

I do think the reporter at the Daily Mail jumped the gun and led us up the wrong path this morning.

I'm sticking with my theory that he has told them nothing and made no admissions. If they don't find bodies or the trailer this case could be 100% circumstantial and hard to prove?

Bail was probably 1000/1 against anyway so Lawyer advised him not to bother applying this morning because of the serious charges that he is facing and the prosecution being given more time to put all of the evidence together due to the complicated and rare nature of this case?
AGree 100%

Welcome to Websleuths Penny :)

From what I read RH & CC were in a long term affair/relationship, many years .... nothing is ever secret from everyone.

My thoughts are that someone or more than one person that was close to either RH or CC was in the know about their relationship and when their burnt out campsite was discovered it would not have taken long for people who knew about their relationship offered the information to police that RH was not camping alone

IMO

Melbourne Remand Centre in Protection Unit
In protection unit I wonder if a suicide risk. Maybe there's other things to investigate and the police will find out which will lead to more charges from years past so that's why he's in that unit. IMO. I wonder why it may take them many years to investigate, possibly due to other possible victims? MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88