Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posts have been removed. Please be 110% sure you are posting about the right individual and not some other random person.

Also note, that google drive links are NOT acceptable links. We need links to the source of images and information, not just something that has been uploaded to a member's google drive.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Some posts have been removed as off topic.

Members are here to discuss the facts of the case as they are sourced from MSM and LE, not to debate journalistic integrity or berate other members for which MSM they rely upon or for their opinions.

Accordingly, post on topic or your post will be removed and/or a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges may occur.

Thank you.

I bet he doesn't consider that he was a bad person.
He was just teaching women in general not to be so murderable.

I was on forum once where a scammer stole expensive collectables from members, and when caught argued that he was going to give them back and his purpose was to educate us all in the dangers of internet fraud.

The mysterious disappearance of Pakenham CWA president Carol Clay and her camping companion Russell Hill is no closer to being solved
Todays date. 6th August 2020. Some photos I haven't seen before

As part of National Missing Persons Week, Victoria Police is again appealing for any information that could assist with their investigation
.Spotlight on search for Carol | Pakenham Gazette

Police suspect missing high country campers attacked in tent
Detectives are investigating whether missing campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay were attacked inside their tent.

Category: <span> </span> | Herald Sun

Behind a Paywall

Sorry the link title is weird though I have tried to fix it several times. If you hover over it you will see the page title,
just saying so you'll know it's a safe link. I was only able to read those two lines as not a subscriber.

I would have thought they would already have investigated any signs that they were attacked in the tent.

Last edited:
This is my theory:

no- one was present when the camp fire started and finished. Reasons why as follows,
- firstly, if an arsonist set it alight the whole camp site plus the vehicle would Have been burnt out completely or the arsonist would have taken the vehicle or dumped it somewhere after bush bashing it and thrashing it.
secondly, if the fire accidentally started while they were there making dinner or lunch.. the vehicle would have been moved almost ASAP. No way they would leave the only mode of transport in the line of the fire.
The vehicle would have no burn marks on it because they would have moved it.
This means they weren’t at campsite when fire started and finished.

A coupe of questions?
Why weren’t they at the camp site ?
Why did they leave a fire unattended?
Did the fire start accidentally?
Who started the fire ?
What time was the fire started ?
was it started in the evening to stay warm? is there evidence they sleep in the tent that night ?
was it started in the morning?
you could narrow the time line...
I think something happened on the first night.. otherwise he would have radioed goodnight to his wife.

Last edited:
Police suspect missing high country campers attacked in tent
Detectives are investigating whether missing campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay were attacked inside their tent.

Category: <span> </span> | Herald Sun

Behind a Paywall

Sorry the link title is weird though I have tried to fix it several times. If you hover over it you will see the page title,
just saying so you'll know it's a safe link. I was only able to read those two lines as not a subscriber.

I would have thought they would already have investigated any signs that they were attacked in the tent.
Thanks for posting... I just caught the end of this story on the radio this morning... Wow!!

It’s interesting they used the word ‘ambushed’ .... I wonder what they know that we don’t.
It is the Daily Mail that uses the word 'ambushed', not the police.

The only source the Daily Mail cites for the theory is the story in the Herald Sun, which is behind a paywall. The Daily Mail does not include any sort of statement by police. They are, as usual, creating shocking headlines out of nothing.

if an ambush occurred..
what was the motive ?
- Theft ? - Thrill kill?

Theft can’t be completely ruled out because drone is missing but the vehicle is still present.

Thrill kill is highly unlikely because what are the odds a “psycho killer” is waiting for an elderly couple to show up on the off-chance he can do a surprise attack in remote bush land.

Deliberately missing theory is also extremely unlikely because the lady spent 500K+ on a new unit ... she’s not going to spend her life savings day before running away.

murder/suicide unlikely but more probably then other theories. Mr hill visited the area a week before bringing his GF. Maybe he dug a swallow grave to bury her body ? And then killed himself out of guilt or Pre-planned. Reasons... she was going to expose relationship and he would lose everything to his wife..

Mis-adventure is the most likely theory...
probably had a heart attack or walked a bit to far.. maybe they went to a different area of the bush land to explore with others and have not been able to come back to orignal camp site.. maybe he dropped keys or phone or lost drone and went searching for it ?

I was wondering if there was a thread to post articles that mention several cases and new forensic methods. I think there was one but it seems it's mostly about US cases.

A human skull is found on a secluded beach in the state’s south-east. An unusual gold filling, one of only a few solid clues.
Nearby, a skeleton belonging to the same unknown man is unearthed beneath 20 centimetres of yellow Gippsland sand.
But nobody has ever reported the man missing. He has remained nameless since his discovery in 2017.
It's one of a number of mysteries Victoria's top forensic, criminal and judicial minds are working to solve each day.
Each year, tens of thousands of people across Australia are reported missing and the remains of dozens of unidentified John and Jane Does find their way to coroners' offices.

Every fortnight for the past two years, experts from the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, Victoria Police and the coroner’s office have met to discuss and attempt to solve the state’s long-term missing persons cases.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...nside-the-forensic-files-20200729-p55gg1.html

The way that the police are trying to pinpoint everyone who was in the area during that period, perhaps they are thinking that there was a confrontation with someone(s) who is unstable.

I could think of one or two confrontational things ... "c'mon mate, turn the music down, we want to have a peaceful night" ... "mates, there is a lady here, watch the bad language". Things that could blow up into something bigger if the person(s) had been drinking a lot and/or were unstable.

There could be a couple of culprits involved in Russell's and Carol's disappearance.

It could very well have happened like that.
Look at the increasing road rage cases.
Plus what if the person or persons were on Ice or some other drugs. Seems to be a lot more aggressive people around these days, a lot more violence. Or maybe it's just reported more.
What if it started as an accident and either Russell or Carol was run over and killed, or the person thought they were so they killed the other one so they couldn't be a witness, then transported them out of the area, like the Police think they were carted away.

I'm still the hopeless and hopeful romantic; they plotted their disappearance, they've gotten away with it, they took the drone with them, they're living together under assumed names in a place no one would look for or recognize them. Not my opinion, just my dream. I don't want them to be victims in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire