Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite sure sometimes but here's a link re posting information on WS.

There's all sorts of info on what can and can't be posted.

Rules - Etiquette & Information
Thank you for the link. I'd probably better not post the information. It was just info from the web about who Carol was married to and when, but that is fairly publicly available and probably not relevant.

Or it could be anything, various chip or biscuit packets that they''ll test for dna and maybe fingerprints.

Really there is no conclusion as to what it is. We're all just guessing.
You are right, there’s no conclusion to anything until actual facts are presented.
I guess a bag of biscuits and chips could fall into that kind of perfect symmetry, a side mirror is different, on one side is a mirror and the other side an arm, so I can’t see it.
I’m only guessing, of course.

Or it could be anything, various chip or biscuit packets that they''ll test for dna and maybe fingerprints.

We tried to guess at what was in the evidence bags in the Karen Ristevski case. We guessed all kinds of things. We never found out what was in them. Could have been something useful, could have been nothing useful. o_O

Agree. It does look to be of a substantial nature, as it's being held from the bottom. Regardless, hopefully it leads somewhere.

Looking at one of the evidence bags , it looks too me something like a six pack of eggs ( slightly bigger) laying sideways & their pointed like ice- cream cones , 5/6 points , one or two seem slightly bent. If anyone else can see it... anyone..:)

“I think they’ve been murdered”

This article is good. It’s the local paper from where RA lives and would be first hand information I’d have guessed.
RA knew exactly where RH was going to be camped.
It also explains how they knew each other.

Great article & thanks for posting it.

So putting a few pieces of the jigsaw together:
- Rob Ashlin knew RH since mid 1990's
- RH & CC got together (again) approx 1999/2000/2001
- CC divorced hubby to be with RH Was the unit Carol lived in meant to be their new, shared home and did RH put $$ into the purchase??
- Rob Ashlin knew about Carol and RH felt safe to confide in him
- RH apparently backed out of the proposed living arrangement at the last minute which he confided to Rob Ashlin.

I don't think Rob Ashlin had anything to do with RH & CC missing but I wouldn't be surprised if he was aware CC was with RH on that trip. (he did say he was unaware but maybe he didn't want to upset RH's wife Robyn, or let on what he knew as that would perhaps lead to many questions. I wonder if he told the Police who was with RH??)

I cannot see anything but an obvious drone shape in this bag. JMO

View attachment 294888
Do we know if RH had one of those virtual reality headsets to use with the drone? I expect he did because i think i read somewhere that he used a manual stick controller rather than his phone to control the drone. If he did control it this way then he wouldn't be able to send it far before it was out of eyesight without the use of a VR headset.

Last edited:
I really wonder who they have got their sights set on ... and what are the clues/indicators.

I think there must be pretty strong indicators for the police to be so relentless in their searches. I sense they may need to find Russell and/or Carol to be able to lay charges.
I think you're right here SouthAussie.

In order to arrest and charge anyone the Police would need to have closed as many doors as possible to stop a defence being able to sow the seeds of reasonable doubt.

Without any bodies, i suspect there are too many doors still left open.

JMO

Great article & thanks for posting it.

So putting a few pieces of the jigsaw together:
- Rob Ashlin knew RH since mid 1990's
- RH & CC got together (again) approx 1999/2000/2001
- CC divorced hubby to be with RH Was the unit Carol lived in meant to be their new, shared home and did RH put $$ into the purchase??
- Rob Ashlin knew about Carol and RH felt safe to confide in him
- RH apparently backed out of the proposed living arrangement at the last minute which he confided to Rob Ashlin.

I don't think Rob Ashlin had anything to do with RH & CC missing but I wouldn't be surprised if he was aware CC was with RH on that trip. (he did say he was unaware but maybe he didn't want to upset RH's wife Robyn, or let on what he knew as that would perhaps lead to many questions. I wonder if he told the Police who was with RH??)
Interesting..
Have we heard any word from Rob about Russell going up to a similar location the previous week? Were they communicating on their radios to each other the previous week?

Do we know if RH had one of those virtual reality headsets to use with the drone? I expect he did because i think i read somewhere that he used a manual stick controller rather than his phone to control the drone. If he did control it this way then he wouldn't be able to send it far before it was out of eyesight without the use of a VR headset.
I could be wrong...hahaha...and probably i am .....but.....
In that bag i think i can see the outline of a vr headset with the manual stick controller behind it!...
...again, i could be wrong
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/294888/

The best friend of a missing camper has issued a grim warning to people not to visit the remote bushland where his mate went missing, declaring it is “not safe”.

Russell Hill and Carol Clay vanished in March last year before their burnt-out campsite was found. There’s been no trace of the pair, and the case continue to baffle police.

Rob Ashlin was the last person to speak to Mr Hill via an amateur radio network before he vanished.

He applauded police for renewing their search efforts but made a bombshell claim about the rural area where his best mate went missing.
https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...g/news-story/6c32bde6e95a13ab0bde36fbc37c40f2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998