Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Some posts have been removed as off topic.

Members are here to discuss the facts of the case as they are sourced from MSM and LE, not to debate journalistic integrity or berate other members for which MSM they rely upon or for their opinions.

Accordingly, post on topic or your post will be removed and/or a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges may occur.

Thank you.

While I am a world away from Mount Hotham, the technology remains the same. At this point my instincts tell me that using a LiDar equipped drone might yield some results if there is an area of high probability. Scanning with LiDar allows the trees and undergrowth to be removed from the scan. The resulting image is very accurate to the point even burial sites that have settled are visible. It is such a vast area to search, but one can scale it down by determining how far the couple could have walked in a day (point A to point B), put a pin in the place last seen, measure out that distance from point A and draw a circle. 80% probability they are within that circle. So say you feel they could have walked 30 km in a day, you would draw a 60 km circle around the place last seen or known to have been.

While I am a world away from Mount Hotham, the technology remains the same. At this point my instincts tell me that using a LiDar equipped drone might yield some results if there is an area of high probability. Scanning with LiDar allows the trees and undergrowth to be removed from the scan. The resulting image is very accurate to the point even burial sites that have settled are visible. It is such a vast area to search, but one can scale it down by determining how far the couple could have walked in a day (point A to point B), put a pin in the place last seen, measure out that distance from point A and draw a circle. 80% probability they are within that circle. So say you feel they could have walked 30 km in a day, you would draw a 60 km circle around the place last seen or known to have been.

Russell's friend says Russell wouldn't have strayed too far from the campsite, as is his usual practise.

So I guess we would be looking at a much greater area. An area where someone may have transported the couple.

The police have had drones up ... I have been looking for a link to see if VicPol have LiDar equipped drones, but have been unable to find anything.

@SouthAussie are you aware if Trackers were brought in early on to look at the site where the trailer and ute were? Wondering if there was a track trail leading away from the campsite and if there were more than two sets of tracks? Also wondering if any print casts or scans were performed by the forensics team. Should have been some print evidence, it's not like someone drove a road train through the scene. I would love to do some tracking in Australia except you have too many one-bite-and-done creepy crawlies. :eek:

@SouthAussie are you aware if Trackers were brought in early on to look at the site where the trailer and ute were? Wondering if there was a track trail leading away from the campsite and if there were more than two sets of tracks? Also wondering if any print casts or scans were performed by the forensics team. Should have been some print evidence, it's not like someone drove a road train through the scene. I would love to do some tracking in Australia except you have too many one-bite-and-done creepy crawlies. :eek:

The police didn't get to the site until 6 days later. I am not sure what track evidence would have been remaining after that period of time. I guess it would depend on the weather conditions. Rain, wind. As well as other vehicles and animals using the tracks.

They have said that the campsite was thoroughly investigated, whatever that means.

I see that there was another "panther sighting" yesterday at Mitta Valley - is that anywhere near Wonangatta?

Our dangerous creepy crawly reputation has been greatly exaggerated :)

Agree Toots. Yeah we have a couple of nasty spiders but so do other countries, we have the dingo which mainly keeps to themselves whereas other countries have those retched coyotes which invade suburbia and savage everything in sight.
I’d rather an eastern brown snake than a bloody cobra or rattler, bear or any of those big cats.

Since COVID everyone wants Australia, the rest of the world is buying and pushing up properties out of our kids reach.

upload_2021-5-12_19-42-46.gif

The Eastern Brown and Inland Taipan are the ones I would really be worried about. I've faced a lot of hostile wildlife over the last half century +, however snakes are on my "avoid at all costs" list. I'm usually focused so tightly on the track trail and reading the indicators that I don't notice the snake sunning itself on a rock 15' up the trail. Somewhere back in my DNA heritage there was a very serious ancestor/snake interface issue. ;)

I keep coming back to the guy who was camping close by. Occam's razor.

Is it the blackberry sprayer? <modsnip>

What I'm trying to work out-is his profession a blackberry sprayer and was he taking time out to go camping or was he spraying blackberries in wonnangatta or if there's blackberries there to spray?

Also, when and where was he interviewed and does he have a white ute?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read all of the material but the only time I remember hearing of the blackberry sprayer was on the Under Investigation TV program. The man who searched on horseback said he had come across him but that was after the police had become involved, at least 6 days after RH and CC disappeared. He didn't seem to think it was odd that someone was there to spray blackberries, or question that it there were blackberries to spray,

Is it the blackberry sprayer? something odd about him from the get go.

What I'm trying to work out-is his profession a blackberry sprayer and was he taking time out to go camping or was he spraying blackberries in wonnangatta or if there's blackberries there to spray?

Also, when and where was he interviewed and does he have a white ute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998