This "effer" was going to be a teacher........ news link A MAN who seriously injured a 14-month-old girl when he put her in a clothes dryer and turned it on has been jailed for eight months. A magistrate said yesterday that 21-year-old Samuel Marc Barnes Siddall had acted out of stupidity rather than malice and, unbelievably, had not sought immediate medical attention for the injured toddler. Siddall of Beldon, had previously pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm by placing Mya Jade Jeffrey in the dryer and turning it on for about two minutes on May 25. Mya's mother, Marnie Jowett, who had left the toddler in Siddall's care while she visited a gym, returned home to find her daughter shaking with pain from burns to her hands, feet and back, and bruises to her face and spine. Siddall, who at the time was studying at university to become a teacher, had told Ms Jowett he had no idea how the girl was injured, before taking them both to hospital.