Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked it up it just says it doesnt HAVE to have a jury (criminal trial in qld supreme) and in that case the judge decided guilty or not guilty aswell as penalty. Not sure how this works or how they decide no jury? Legal ppl any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From memory, due to our following Simon Gittany's trial, there needs to be a set of exceptional circumstances for a judge only trial.

I don't believe we could ever hammer out what the exceptional circumstances were exactly. And the actual exceptional circumstances were not mentioned in MSM .. although the fact that there were exceptional circumstances was.

Still wondering if they were that Lisa Harnum plunged off the balcony in a ballerina dance, according to Gittany. :thinking:
(Just kidding, though he really said that. He is a real piece of work ... bad work.)

From memory, due to our following Simon Gittany's trial, there needs to be a set of exceptional circumstances for a judge only trial.

I don't believe we could ever hammer out what the exceptional circumstances were exactly. And the actual exceptional circumstances were not mentioned in MSM .. although the fact that there were exceptional circumstances was.

Still wondering if they were that Lisa Harnum plunged off the balcony in a ballerina dance, according to Gittany. :thinking:
(Just kidding, he is a real piece of work ... bad work.)

Could it have been because of this? BBM -

All jurisdictions in Australia with the exception of Victoria, Tasmania and the Northern Territory provide for criminal trials by judge alone. These provisions have been used in cases where defendants think that saturation adverse media coverage will make it impossible for them to get a fair trial before a jury.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-28/barns-simon-gittany-and-the-case-for-judge-only-trials/5121624

(Just kidding, though he really said that. He is a real piece of work ... bad work.)

He is one vile piece of filth.

Could it have been because of this? BBM -

All jurisdictions in Australia with the exception of Victoria, Tasmania and the Northern Territory provide for criminal trials by judge alone. These provisions have been used in cases where defendants think that saturation adverse media coverage will make it impossible for them to get a fair trial before a jury.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-28/barns-simon-gittany-and-the-case-for-judge-only-trials/5121624

Yes, maybe that was it. For sure. Bet he regrets that decision now. His judge was GREAT!!! Remember her 5 hour verdict?
Leaving no room for appeal.

And of course the media would not mention the reason, as they were the ones that saturated us with pre-trial coverage. :lol:

Yes, maybe that was it. For sure. Bet he regrets that decision now. His judge was GREAT!!! Remember her 5 hour verdict?
Leaving no room for appeal.

And of course the media would not mention the reason, as they were the ones that saturated us with pre-trial coverage. :lol:

BBM

Yes!!!:loveyou:

Tbh in my opinion if cases Baden-Clay, Patel or Tostee didn't get judge only then neither will these scum

My partner works in the qld justice system and said it's rare, and only under exceptional circumstances that a trial is judge only (i.e serious juvenile offenders)

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Tbh in my opinion if cases Baden-Clay, Patel or Tostee didn't get judge only then neither will these scum

My partner works in the qld justice system and said it's rare, and only under exceptional circumstances that a trial is judge only (i.e serious juvenile offenders)

I am still furious at the Tostee case.

I don't believe the PTSD card for one second and I doubt Sam was middle eastern. A beard doesn't mean he is middle eastern if thats what you meant.

Im not saying he was Middle eastern . What I am saying is if they were off their chops PTSD may have kicked in. If you suffer from PTSD you will know how it works. I cant be in certain situations or places because it freaks me out. The way some people dress freaks me out by that I mean the guy who held me up during an armed robbery wore a hoodie and had a beard, I freak out seeing that.
God only knows what he saw and experienced while he was there. Im not saying that is what is was but it is a possibility.

And judge only trials don't seem to work out too well for the adult defendants. If Simon Gittany's trial is anything to go by, the judge read out every aspect of her verdict, the precedent that she relied on for each consideration, as well as inserting her opinion, mentioning things she excluded in her decision, and why ....

As I said before, we were sitting here glued, as our fabulous Twitter users posted each courtroom tweet - and we were jumping for joy at the end of her 5 hour reading of the verdict. We just knew that there was no room for appeal after that very long event.

I imagine that in the case of juveniles, a judge is better poised to follow the letter of the law (as they are in adult cases, too), instead of perhaps a jury's emotions affecting the outcome. Which may be very tough, or very easy, on a juvenile defendant.

I don't believe the PTSD card for one second and I doubt Sam was middle eastern. A beard doesn't mean he is middle eastern if thats what you meant.

I said that was my first thought at a glance. I didnt say he was middle eastern. As dor PTSD, do you suffer from it? Do you know how it affects people? I do. I was involved in armed hold up and to this day I cant be in certain situations or places and men wearing hoodies on their heads especially if they have a beard,freak me out. If they were on the gear and something went down it may have triggered something. God only knows what he went through and saw over there. I know a little but not the lot. I also saw a strapping young weightlifter turn into a shell of a man on return. I am not staying this is the reason but I am saying it could be a plausible possibility especially if he didnt get the psych help he would have needed on his return.

I said that was my first thought at a glance. I didnt say he was middle eastern. As dor PTSD, do you suffer from it? Do you know how it affects people? I do. I was involved in armed hold up and to this day I cant be in certain situations or places and men wearing hoodies on their heads especially if they have a beard,freak me out. If they were on the gear and something went down it may have triggered something. God only knows what he went through and saw over there. I know a little but not the lot. I also saw a strapping young weightlifter turn into a shell of a man on return. I am not staying this is the reason but I am saying it could be a plausible possibility especially if he didnt get the psych help he would have needed on his return.
I have PTSD. It is complicated. I have had amazing help with private health insurance. My psychiatrist also treats SAS. You have treatment choices. Happy to discuss further. Three styles of treatment.

Thanks for this info, Fieldsroyal.

A local (read back in the thread) said that Boscaino's behaviour had been escalating of late, due to overuse of ice and cocaine. So I think his aggression levels may have changed since school. Seeing that use of ice can give people the power of superman .. as evidenced by emergency room staff and police. Such a tragic shame for him that he got himself involved in Class A drugs, using and dealing, and that entire shady side.

Still, I agree that Dyball may have inbuilt aggressions, and a propensity toward strength (powerbuilding) and fighting (army, Syria).
Obviously you have no experience with an ice user... if they smoke it they become aggressive and unpredictable, this is why they are dangerous and end up brain damaged. Injecting is the "better" way to go, it affects the heart straight up.

I have PTSD. It is complicated. I have had amazing help with private health insurance. My psychiatrist also treats SAS. You have treatment choices. Happy to discuss further. Three styles of treatment.
That would be awesome thank you. I have become quite the introvert because of it.

and still get off like Gable Tostee....
Just answering my own question here....

As in the current murder trial of Simon Gittany, accused of throwing his girlfriend off the balcony of their Sydney apartment, you could opt for a trial by judge alone.

Or you could face a jury of 12 men and women selected from the community, people who have been following your case and may have read those scandalous things said about you on social media.

http://www.news.com.au/national/jud...n/news-story/88642a5ea34e22e7a7bc34eb4bc21351

BBM

We all need to realise that so far, the police have released information that, the guy who wouldnt bruise a grape has been caught on CCTV buying acid,tomahawk,carpet etc at Bunnings, then hiring a floor sander a day or so later. What for? To sand the mans blood off his floor in his house? Nothing has come out about Ash's involvement other than tailing the Stang in his 300 c. There is a whole lot more to be released before people start pointing the finger at Dybsy for being a killing machine because he went to Kurdistan.
Will not be a defence but will mitigate the severity of the sentence - perhaps the Defence will argue the "Baden-Clay" (although in that fiasco of a trial it was raised in the aftermath) defence - it was a case of a violent confrontation gone wrong. I don't necessarily believe this happened - but nobody really knows what happened except RB and AD

That would be awesome thank you. I have become quite the introvert because of it.
First up anti seizure meds
Then rapid eye movement stuff where a psych moves their hands a lot and makes you get to the core of your pain (hopefully combined with meditation training so you can subvert nightmares without waking up)
OR
spiritual forgiveness counselling
OR
magnetic therapy which works on your brain and is way way gentler than shock therapy (can't go this way myself because I have a cochlear implant hence a magnet already in my skull, would blow up the equipment, but apparently very good results are achieved).
Take care and I wish you all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member