Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said I get why he was never arrested.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

He was arrested ... for terrorism, in Germany - by request of the Aussie govt. Then deported back here. He is still apparently under investigation. His passport has been confiscated. He is not out of the woods with this yet.

His movements will have to be traced, in a country that is very difficult to do that. His actions will have to be investigated. He may have committed war crimes, against the Geneva convention.

If he has had affiliations with the wrong people, if he hasn't told completely the truth and wants to appear a hero, he is a potential danger to us here. Can't you see that?

It is for our protection.

He was arrested ... for terrorism, in Germany - by request of the Aussie govt. Then deported back here. He is still apparently under investigation. His passport has been confiscated. He is not out of the woods with this yet.

His movements will have to be traced, in a country that is very difficult to do that. His actions will have to be investigated.

If he has had affiliations with the wrong people, if he hasn't told completely the truth and wants to appear a hero, he is a potential danger to us here. Can't you see that?

I can see why your government has to investigate, it is a law. But to suggest hes crazy for breaking that law and fighting for what he believed in no I dont agree and thats been my point all along. I think if he were a danger to you all in terms of terrorism, he would have been arrested and in jail.

I can see why your government has to investigate, it is a law. But to suggest hes crazy for breaking that law and fighting for what he believed in no I dont agree and thats been my point all along. I think if he were a danger to you all in terms of terrorism, he would have been arrested and in jail.

It is still under investigation ... which is my point. We do not know yet. But he most likely was being watched, along with other potential dangers to our society.

We think very differently to your country. Our guns laws should show you that. We like our gun laws. The greatest majority agree with them. We do not feel they inhibit us in any way. Our govt is quite protective. We like that.

We like the general peace we have here, the general lack of fear. Our tight anti-terrorism laws.

But I am happy to agree to disagree. :)

His movements will have to be traced, in a country that is very difficult to do that. His actions will have to be investigated. He may have committed war crimes, against the Geneva convention.

It is for our protection.

You bring up the issues I was going to mention. The lack of accountability is what worries me with folks going there, especially untrained people. Do they understand and abide by the Geneva convention? We will never know. How reliable is their intel when they raid a camp? How do they deal with women and children? What about prisoners of war? Nope. We cannot have people going there to do whatever and come back to their normal suburban life without any of the support offered by the military. Very, very dangerous :(

It is still under investigation ... which is my point. We do not know yet. But he most likely was being watched, along with other potential dangers to our society.

We think very differently to your country. Our guns laws should show you that. We like our gun laws. The greatest majority agree with them. We do not feel they inhibit us in any way. Our govt is quite protective. We like that.

We like the general peace we have here, the general lack of fear. Our tight anti-terrorism laws.
I never attacked your laws or said anything to suggest you shouldnt have them, Ive only said that it isnt right for people to insist he must be crazy for breaking that law.

BBM

Well, pity he wasn't, because Sam might still be alive.

Yes, some people are. Believing this guy must be crazy because he went overseas to fight. Thats not cool. Judge him for his crime involving sam and that's it.

You said everyone here is being judgemental (which is a judgemental statement in itself) and now you say SOME people are.
Most ppl here are giving opinions based on facts from the media and putting together a timeline to speculate as to what happened.
That's why we put IMO or MOO to indicate this.

IMO it is highly likely AD had a lifestyle that may have been fuelled by adrenalin and it has possibly caused a situation to go from bad to really bad.
Previous actions are used to predict current and future behaviours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You bring up the issues I was going to mention. The lack of accountability is what worries me with folks going there, especially untrained people. Do they understand and abide by the Geneva convention? We will never know. How reliable is their intel when they raid a camp? How do they deal with women and children? What about prisoners of war? Nope. We cannot have people going there to do whatever and come back to their normal suburban life without any of the support offered by the military. Very, very dangerous :(

Yes, we are on the same page.

I never attacked your laws or said anything to suggest you shouldnt have them, Ive only said that it isnt right for people to insist he must be crazy for breaking that law.

No, I just used the gun law stuff to illustrate how differently we think, is all.

And yes, most of us do think he was crazy to be breaking the laws that are designed to protect us. No matter what his personal beliefs are. Being an Aussie, he needs to abide by all of our laws, not just the ones he thinks are okay. They are there for the greater good for us.

You're right, you certainly wouldn't need to be crazy to go there and want to help, but I think in light of the other evidence it weighs against him :)

You said everyone here is being judgemental (which is a judgemental statement in itself) and now you say SOME people are.
Most ppl here are giving opinions based on facts from the media and putting together a timeline to speculate as to what happened.
That's why we put IMO or MOO to indicate this.

IMO it is highly likely AD had a lifestyle that may have been fuelled by adrenalin and it has possibly caused a situation to go from bad to really bad.
Previous actions are used to predict current and future behaviours.

And in my opinion his previous actions dont suggest he must be a killing machine seeking a thrill. So I humbly disagree with what a lot of people are saying about his past choices. Guys like him are why any country has a military, he just did it in a way that broke a law and that somehow makes him crazy?

And in my opinion his previous actions dont suggest he must be a killing machine seeking a thrill. So I humbly disagree with what a lot of people are saying about his past choices. Guys like him are why any country has a military, he just did it in a way that broke a law and that somehow makes him crazy?

I mean no disrespect but I think regular military and civilians are very different discussions.

Also, I think some military guys enjoy killing. I've known a couple who loved bragging about their kills, and showing me videos of them, even though they'd be in big trouble for showing anyone that stuff.

Replace the word crazy with:
Illogical?

It really doesn't matter what word you use.
Australia has strict laws and he broke them.....
He was NOT in our military (not sure if you know that) he was refused entry to our defence force, so he went anyway "illegally" and then came back.

He would have been under surveillance.....

Illogical?

He was NOT in our military (not sure if you know that) he was refused entry to our defence force, so he went anyway "illegally" and then came back.

He was not even trained, as he couldn't make it through basic training.

Illogical?

I do know that, I also know he wasnt arrested or charged with anything.

I do know that, I also know he wasnt arrested or charged with anything.

Ok cool [emoji4]

So it's a mute point really. It is illegal in Australia to do what he did.

Ok cool [emoji4]

So it's a mute point really. It is illegal in Australia to do what he did.

And after he has spent time in that war-torn, violent environment, he is back in Australia. And 16 months later, being charged with murder and interfering with a corpse.

He may not be the only one with these charges, but as such a 'humanitarian', doing 'good' in Syria, he should not be involved in this murder at all .. let alone be under such charges.

He was not even trained, as he couldn't make it through basic training.
He did make it through basic training but sustained a back injury and was discharged medically.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member