Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Deep Water Bend was searched for his body, but was Wooyung thoroughly searched?

I don't recall reading that - and re-reading articles on MSM doesn't tell me.

If it wasn't - why wouldn't they conduct a full line search there when his vehicle was found there? That seems odd :thinking:
I assume it would be up to NSW police to allocate resources for the search. Perhaps they have other priorities than a Queensland missing person.

I imagine there is quite a clear chain of events for the car, it's such a stand out model, between cameras and people spotting it and calling in tips.

I imagine he is gone in the water, at someone else's hands. Could be anywhere along the river.

I know that Deep Water Bend was searched for his body, but was Wooyung thoroughly searched?

If it wasn't - why wouldn't they conduct a full line search there when his vehicle was found there? That seems odd :thinking:

i think they must know that he wasn't disposed of where his car was found. I haven't seen any reports that they searched Wooyung at all.

i think they must know that he wasn't disposed of where his car was found. I haven't seen any reports that they searched Wooyung at all.
I'm wondering what it would take for them to conclude that. Imagery of somebody else driving the car plus cadaver dogs and forensics indicating that it hadn't transported a body?

Getting 'server busy' message a lot tonight. Sometimes all one can do is lurk.
I feel for Sam's family. retired dad, car lover, gutted.

I'm wondering if something was found by forensics in the car to accelerate the search for Sam to such a high priority.

Seems they may have found something in Bald Hills on Saturday. Doesn't state if any 'items of interest' were in the car or in the surrounding area. Perhaps found in the general area, if the car had already been taken away? Which I would think it would have been.

When asked whether any items of interest had been found during Saturday's search in Bald Hills, a police spokesperson responded with "nothing that we would be willing to release at this stage".
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...on-new-south-wales-coast-20170310-guvru6.html

But by Friday/Saturday they were already searching with great intensity, so something had already got them going at a high priority rate. Could be something about the condition or contents of the car, for sure. Or maybe Sam had got a quick FB or voicemail message out to someone on the Tuesday, then they discovered Sam was gone, and advised police?

Because I wonder how they found Sam's car so quickly, if they were only just recently advised by the family that he was missing ... and the car was found so many (perhaps unlikely) kilometres away from where he lived, and in another state? Media didn't seem to hear about Sam being missing until after his car was found. One would think that maybe the police put out an APB, something alerted them it was an emergency.

Mr Thompson's parents reported him missing last week, and his social media accounts have not been used since his last contact with family on Tuesday.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...sing-man-samuel-thompson-20170312-guwkzb.html

There is reference here to them searching Wooyung.

There is also a reference to them searching the 'Tweed Heads coast' on Friday, presumably they mean Wooyung?

BBM:
It was again sighted in the previous search area, Wooyung in northern New South Wales, about 7.30pm on Wednesday before being found abandoned at the same location on Thursday.

The Tweed Heads coast was also searched on Friday after Mr Thompson's car, a 2016 orange Ford Mustang with Queensland registration SAMMO, was found the day before.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...on-new-south-wales-coast-20170310-guvru6.html

Also, police took a 'similar' car to Deep Water Bend Reserve just this Tuesday (same day of the week as Sam was last seen) to try to jog the memory of any potential witnesses.
They have a large contingency of detectives working on the case.

Police are ramping up the search for a Brisbane man they fear has been murdered, with investigators returning to a bushland reserve where his car was spotted.

Police will take a similar vehicle to the reserve on Tuesday, hoping it might jog the memories of any witnesses.

About 40 detectives are now working on the case.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...sons-mustang-was-spotted-20170313-guxe85.html

Reloaded after a long entry. Lost.
Grrr.
I was just musing. There would be many twenty-somethings missing. Early reports said Sam stood out because he had good mental health and was a reliable communicator. Paraphrasing due to desperation in case my post is lost.

I feel so sad for Sam's family, they all seem to be really close especially Sam and his Dad. The police seem to have a clear timeline of when the car was at Bald hills. I am curious as to who saw it there through the night before it went missing and found in Wooing.

Police investigations have since identified Mr Thompson’s distinct bright orange Ford Mustang, bearing numberplates SAMMO, at Deepwater Bend Reserve, Bald Hills, south of Sydney, on Tuesday March 7 after 1pm.

Investigations have revealed the car was left at Deepwater Bend until midnight on Tuesday before leaving for NSW on Wednesday morning.

The car was found abandoned in NSW on Thursday.

I wonder if Samuels phone was in his car for them to know when the car left Bald Hills and headed for NSW. Something tells me he may have alerted his parents that something was wrong for them to report him missing and the investigation to take off at the pace that it has.

Reloaded after a long entry. Lost.
Grrr.
I was just musing. There would be many twenty-somethings missing. Early reports said Sam stood out because he had good mental health and was a reliable communicator. Paraphrasing due to desperation in case my post is lost.

Sort of sounds as if Sam did alert someone about trouble, doesn't it? Good mental health, reliable communicator.
Perhaps communicated something to someone he knew would take him seriously (parents?) and was never a flaky type so he was taken very seriously.

There is reference here to them searching Wooyung.

There is also a reference to them searching the 'Tweed Heads coast' on Friday, presumably they mean Wooyung?

BBM:
It was again sighted in the previous search area, Wooyung in northern New South Wales, about 7.30pm on Wednesday before being found abandoned at the same location on Thursday.

The Tweed Heads coast was also searched on Friday after Mr Thompson's car, a 2016 orange Ford Mustang with Queensland registration SAMMO, was found the day before.

Thank you SouthAussie! :seeya:

I totally missed that. Good to know.

Police investigations have since identified Mr Thompson’s distinct bright orange Ford Mustang, bearing numberplates SAMMO, at Deepwater Bend Reserve, Bald Hills, south of Sydney, on Tuesday March 7 after 1pm.

Investigations have revealed the car was left at Deepwater Bend until midnight on Tuesday before leaving for NSW on Wednesday morning.

The car was found abandoned in NSW on Thursday.

I wonder if Samuels phone was in his car for them to know when the car left Bald Hills and headed for NSW. Something tells me he may have alerted his parents that something was wrong for them to report him missing and the investigation to take off at the pace that it has.
Deepwater Bend Reserve, Bald Hills, is in the north of Brisbane, not south of Sydney.

This marks the sightings of Sam's car ... to avoid confusion.

9:18am Tuesday – parking garage, Albion
10:45am Tuesday – Sandgate Road, Nundah
1pm Tuesday – Deep Water Bend Reserve, Bald Hills
12am Wednesday – Deep Water Bend Reserve, Bald Hills
7:30pm Wednesday – Wooyung
Thursday – found abandoned in bushland in Wooyung

5ydl74.jpg

This marks the sightings of Sam's car ... to avoid confusion.

9:18am Tuesday – parking garage, Albion
10:45am Tuesday – Sandgate Road, Nundah
1pm Tuesday – Deep Water Bend Reserve, Bald Hills
12am Wednesday – Deep Water Bend Reserve, Bald Hills
7:30pm Wednesday – Wooyung
Thursday – found abandoned in bushland in Wooyung

5ydl74.jpg

Thanks SouthAussie

I can't find the link anymore......but it was on a Police FB page asking for information.

What I got from the page were people's post of their sightings ....

As they (the posts) can't be confirmed .... But due to the fact the police replied for those individuals to contact them ......
Possibly some weight should be considered.

All seem resonable ...with the exception of one .....It was in Kurwongbah...

Anyway...I'll post below...

Tuesday 7th 10am Bowen Hills Road Abbotsferd.

Wednesday 8th 8am Narangba Road Kurwongbah

???? Springwood @ 12.30 heading south

??? Tweed Coast Road near lights @ Kingscliff

Wednesday 9th Wooyung Road Pottsville
person said they saw it there the day before also (8th)
and thought it strange that the drivers window was down
with no one around at the time.

Thank you SouthAussie!

Very welcome, possum!

When you look at the sightings on the map, you can see why police have done such a huge search of the Deep Water Bend Reserve area. Unfortunately, there is a lot of water close by. I think that will make the task of finding Sam a lot more difficult. :(

Not sure of any relevance .....

but there were multiple posts that the car in general
(in the past) ..... has been seen frequenting areas; Redcliffe, Everton Park and Chermside..

May or may not be of any significance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288