Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrrr. It really annoys me that he came back as a terrorist and has now gone on to allegedly murder someone :(

Yes, I know what you mean.

They certainly need to lock him away this time, if found guilty of course. If that had been done in the first place, for breaking our country's anti-terrorism laws, there is the chance that Sam would still be alive.

Though it sounds as if he was still under investigation about breaking the anti-terrorism laws, despite him regularly posting pics on FB of all aspects of being in Syria ... including wearing the YPG uniform, carrying a weapon, with a bunch of explosives, etc.

A few of his FB pics are in this Daily Mail article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4369976/Ashley-Dyball-charged-Sam-Thompson-s-murder.html

They certainly need to lock him away this time. If that had been done in the first place, for breaking our country's laws, there is the chance that Sam would still be alive.

Very troubled. No one in their right mind hops in a plane to go overseas to fight with unofficial forces in third world conditions, whole thing is just bizarre. My guess is he thrived off the thrill; someone on here said earlier Dyball had said or written earlier life was boring?? He certainly spiced it up for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very troubled. No one in their right mind hops in a plane to go overseas to fight with unofficial forces in third world conditions, whole thing is just bizarre. My guess is he thrived off the thrill; someone on here said earlier Dyball had said or written earlier life was boring?? He certainly spiced it up for himself.

The mate he travelled to Syria with even got killed over there.

Detectives will allege they can trace Boscaino and Dyball’s movements via a *series of CCTV cameras and hits on phone towers in the days following Mr Thompson’s disappearance.

This is a crime forum, one of many. We sleuth, and discuss things. These places may not be the best to visit if you are close to one of the accused. moo
I think his point is that everyone on here is being awfully judgmental. Now, I know that's sort of what this forum does but people are acting like they know this guy and what really went down. So because he went overseas to fight for something he believed in makes him a horrible person or someone who definitely killed Sam? For all we know RB is just pointing the finger. I dont mean to play devils advocate I just wish we were all more understanding to the fact that every case, not just this one is a tradgedy all around even for the perpetrator(s) and their families. Especially when it involves a bunch of 20 somethings whose lives are over.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They certainly need to lock him away this time, if found guilty of course. If that had been done in the first place, for breaking our country's anti-terrorism laws, there is the chance that Sam would still be alive.

Though it sounds as if he was still under investigation about breaking the anti-terrorism laws, despite him regularly posting pics on FB of all aspects of being in Syria ... including wearing the YPG uniform, carrying a weapon, with a bunch of explosives, etc.

A few of his FB pics are in this Daily Mail article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4369976/Ashley-Dyball-charged-Sam-Thompson-s-murder.html
Thanks for that link. Disturbing :/

This is what I find so sad. Really? lets pretend sam isnt dead and you really think this guy has to be crazy because he has the balls to risk his life to help others? But he wouldn't be crazy had he been in the military and done this? That makes no sense!!! I am not wanting or trying to argue but a lot of you have a very twisted view on what is right and wrong. Does anyine even know what isis has done and the people they are killing... women, children... and this guy must be crazy for wanting to help those women and children. No one in their right mind would go to live in 3rd world conditions...? I have no words for that..

I think his point is that everyone on here is being awfully judgmental. Now, I know that's sort of what this forum does but people are acting like they know this guy and what really went down. So because he went overseas to fight for something he believed in makes him a horrible person or someone who definitely killed Sam? For all we know RB is just pointing the finger. I dont mean to play devils advocate I just wish we were all more understanding to the fact that every case, not just this one is a tradgedy all around even for the perpetrator(s) and their families. Especially when it involves a bunch of 20 somethings whose lives are over.

We aren't being judgemental, the guy has been arrested for murder and interferring with a corpse. None of us know what happened, but speculation is usually what happens here.

We aren't being judgemental, the guy has been arrested for murder and interferring with a corpse. None of us know what happened, but speculation is usually what happens here.
Yes, some people are. Believing this guy must be crazy because he went overseas to fight. Thats not cool. Judge him for his crime involving sam and that's it.

I appreciate your opinion, but we are theorising, reading MSM, and stating our opinions. All within TOS, and what this forum is here for - as you know.
Some of these people live in the same area and know of these alleged murderers.
Many other comments have been written by locals on the Qld Police FB page.

I am not sure if you have read all of the articles, both of these boys are charged exactly the same, both of their movements have been tracked that day - definitely through phone pings and CCTV - perhaps witnesses too.

It becomes very difficult when friends of the alleged perpetrators appear on the forum. No-one wants to offend them. No-one at all. But we'd also like to do what we joined WS for, to discuss these cases ... fully.

We have stated many, many times how sad it is for the families. How these boys were not even 25 yet, when boys usually reach full maturity.

This is what I find so sad. Really? lets pretend sam isnt dead and you really think this guy has to be crazy because he has the balls to risk his life to help others? But he wouldn't be crazy had he been in the military and done this? That makes no sense!!! I am not wanting or trying to argue but a lot of you have a very twisted view on what is right and wrong. Does anyine even know what isis has done and the people they are killing... women, children... and this guy must be crazy for wanting to help those women and children. No one in their right mind would go to live in 3rd world conditions...? I have no words for that..

Yes, some people are. Believing this guy must be crazy because he went overseas to fight. Thats not cool. Judge him for his crime involving sam and that's it.

You may not be familiar with our strict anti-terrorism laws. They include Aussies not being allowed to go to Syria without Govt permission. Any Aussies. Even ones with families in Syria. All must have permission.

Even if you do not agree with the laws, that is what they are.

Sorry but this is a victim focused forum. You aren't going to find many people sympathetic right now to the alleged murderer. It's just how it is here.

I appreciate your opinion, but we are theorising, reading MSM, and stating our opinions. All within TOS, and what this forum is here for - as you know.
Some of these people live in the same area and know of these alleged murderers.
Many other comments have been written by locals on the Qld Police FB page.

I am not sure if you have read all of the articles, both of these boys are charged exactly the same, both of their movements have been tracked that day - definitely through phone pings and CCTV - perhaps witnesses too.

It becomes very difficult when friends of the alleged perpetrators appear on the forum. No-one wants to offend them. No-one at all. But we'd also like to do what we joined WS for, to discuss these cases ... fully.

We have stated many, many times how sad it is for the families. How these boys were not even 25 yet, when boys usually reach full maturity.
I completely agree, I am not offended by anyone discussing their involvment with Sam. I think its cruel for people to attack AD for going overseas, claiming he must be crazy for doing so. Men and women go everyday to fight overseas and just because this guy wasnt in the milirtary he must be crazy. That makes no sense to me.

I completely agree, I am not offended by anyone discussing their involvment with Sam. I think its cruel for people to attack AD for going overseas, claiming he must be crazy for doing so. Men and women go everyday to fight overseas and just because this guy wasnt in the milirtary he must be crazy. That makes no sense to me.

Crazy to break our anti-terrorism laws. They are what they are. We all know them.

Sorry but this is a victim focused forum. You aren't going to find many people sympathetic right now to the alleged murderer. It's just how it is here.
Which, I get, I am a part of WS too... But calling this guy crazy for fighting overseas is a bit offensive when people risk their lives everyday doing so.

Crazy to break our anti-terrorism laws. They are what they are. We all know them.
Just because something is a law does not make it right at all, especially one that keeps you from choosing to help others. I get why its in place but I also get why he never got in trouble for it...

Just because something is a law does not make it right at all, especially one that keeps you from choosing to help others. I get why its in place but I also get why he never got in trouble for it...

Our politics may not be understood by all, but we understand them. His family may think he is a hero. Most people here don't.
There are other ways to help the Syrian people. Our govt is very involved. Our military are very involved. We also willingly take refugees. There is a govt website advising us what we, as citizens, can do to help.

It is illegal under Australian law for anyone in Australia, including Australian citizens and dual citizens, to travel to certain declared areas in Syria (unless it is solely for a legitimate purpose) or provide any kind of support to any armed group in Syria. This includes:

- engaging in fighting for either side
- funding, training or recruiting someone to fight in the conflict
- supplying or funding weapons for either side
- giving funds or financial assets to either side

https://www.livingsafetogether.gov....ictinSyrialegalinformationforAustralians.aspx

Our politics may not be understood by all, but we understand them. His family may think he is a hero. Most people here don't.
There are other ways to help the Syrian people. Our govt is very involved. Our military are very involved. We also willingly take refugees. There is a govt website advising us what we, as citizens, can do to help.

It is illegal under Australian law for anyone in Australia, including Australian citizens and dual citizens, to travel to certain declared areas in Syria (unless it is solely for a legitimate purpose) or provide any kind of support to any armed group in Syria. This includes:

- engaging in fighting for either side
- funding, training or recruiting someone to fight in the conflict
- supplying or funding weapons for either side
- giving funds or financial assets to either side

https://www.livingsafetogether.gov....ictinSyrialegalinformationforAustralians.aspx
Like I said I get why he was never arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member