Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also found this information in The Australian last night .....

In recent months, Mr Dyball has claimed he was involved in humanitarian work and dismantling bombs and booby-traps left by *Islamic State in villages taken by Kurdish forces, known as *People’s Protection Units or the YPG.

However, in August he told friends that he had been with “the Duskha team” — an apparent *reference to Russian heavy *machine-guns known as Dushkas that are often mounted on utes. He is featured in one photo with one of the guns.

He has also posted photos of himself holding assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-...s/news-story/c22dd04a4f6e5e244f3cdcdd66d8b7a8

All kids get bored...I remember how boring my life was at that age. He did take on work doing lawn maintenance at one stage,not.long after he got back he was ripping out asbestos. Menial jobs create boredom as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And the apparent reason for not charging Dyball over his activities in Syria.

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton yesterday said that it was “difficult” to punish Mr Dyball because he came from a “very good family”.

The *matter was being investigated by the Australian Federal Police. “Obviously, the Australian government doesn’t want to do anything to even — regardless of how well intentioned somebody might be — to provide an *incentive or an excuse or an *opportunity for people to go into a war zone,” he told Sydney radio station 2SM.

“The difficulty is that, my sense is that, this is a very good family. His mum and dad obviously love him very much and it is an emotional issue, but we have to recognise that this is a theatre of war and people going off to role play in whatever side that they might see fit is just not acceptable under Australian law.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-...s/news-story/c22dd04a4f6e5e244f3cdcdd66d8b7a8

All kids get bored...I remember how boring my life was at that age. He did take on work doing lawn maintenance at one stage,not.long after he got back he was ripping out asbestos. Menial jobs create boredom as well.

Hi Drb ... I haven't replied to any of your recent posts because I have empathy that you know Dyball and his family. But we need to be able to discuss all elements of this case and the alleged perpetrators, as we do in every other case on this website.

So, I wish you well, and wish you would consider that crime sites discussing this case and the participants may not be the best place for persons emotionally attached to any of the players, as other members have already stated.

But I will continue to discuss everything. And hope that our other new members, current members, and locals will continue to do so too - without feeling offense. :)

I don't have a problem with the discussion but i do have s problem when it is one sided, in the fact that Ashley seems to be the only topic of discussion when there is other players involved. Every forum I have been on has been the same.
You will note I did make a comment on reference to the armed robbery when Sams car was stolen. Someone pointed out Ashleys hands being very similar to the perp. I also pointed out the perp also wore the bumbag the same way Ash used to carry his Nike bumbag in Kurdistan.

Whi said he came back as a terrorist? He came back without charge. Where is Oliver Bridgeman? Still over there, stripped of his Aussie passport and dumped like a hot potato. Trial by media, dont believe everything you read..

Sorry, he broke Australia's anti terrorism laws, so.

And still was not charged

No but you are believing everything that has been printed by the media. If he was a nobody like Boscaino, would these judgements and assumptions be flying? I think not. If Sam had some other occupation that he was trained for and unemployed from and Ash had a different past would this even been an issue???
Just wait for ALL the facts to emerge.

I'm sorry, but this forum is for discussing the case. If you are friends with the guy it's probably not going to be fun here. He's been arrested for murder, he's clearly NO angel!

Thanks mate. Last thing I want is to be dealing with this on a personal level.

I don't have a problem with the discussion but i do have s problem when it is one sided, in the fact that Ashley seems to be the only topic of discussion when there is other players involved. Every forum I have been on has been the same.
You will note I did make a comment on reference to the armed robbery when Sams car was stolen. Someone pointed out Ashleys hands being very similar to the perp. I also pointed out the perp also wore the bumbag the same way Ash used to carry his Nike bumbag in Kurdistan.

It will continue to appear one-sided until more information is released about the other alleged perpetrator.

I'm sorry, but this forum is for discussing the case. If you are friends with the guy it's probably not going to be fun here. He's been arrested for murder, he's clearly NO angel!
I realise that but my point I am trying to get across is dont believe everything in the media. So.many untruths have been printed and I am seeing them reiterated here...

BBM

Maybe that's telling you that these true-crime forums may not be the right place for you to be right now? You really need to look after yourself at this time imo. You don't want to compound your existing trauma.

On a more general note, the constant answering back and arguing about AD is derailing the focus of the thread and serving no purpose.

We're not here to debate the moral ins-and-outs of what AD did in Syria....this is about the murder of Sam.

Sam is the victim and that is getting lost in emotionally-fuelled debate.

jmo

Drb being close to the case does effect his opinion but I too am quite offended by a lot if what gas been "discussed" about AD. Yes, everyine was allowed their opinion on here including ours... suggesting that AD has or had mental issues because he chose to break the law and fight is just wrong imo. Mist of the focus has been on AD because of that. I understand more info is available in AD but calling him crazy simply because of that one choice, which I personally find comendable is very unfair. Its fine to speculate on the facts but stop acting like psychiatrists who know who AD is. Drb and I have every right to disagree with what a lot of you are saying. Just wish we could focus on actual facts and what may have occured rather than bashing AD's mental health.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It will continue to appear one-sided until more information is released about the other alleged perpetrator.
So until then you drag him further down by speculating on what you have read in the half truths of the media??

Drb being close to the case does effect his opinion but I too am qymuite offended by a lot if what gas been "discussed" about AD. Yes, everyine was allowed their opinion on here including ours... suggesting that AD has or had mental issues because he chose to break the law and fight is just wrong imo. Mist of the focus has been on AD because of that. I understand more info is available in AD but calling him crazy simply because of that one choice, which I personally find comendable is very unfair. Its fine to speculate on the facts but stop acting like psychiatrists who know who AD is. Drb and I have every right to disagree with what a lot of you are saying. Just wish we could focus on actual facts and what may have occured rather than bashing AD's mental health.

Yup back to the facts, AD and RB charged with murder and someone is not breathing because of their actions. Its ok people can disagree and agree its a forum to air opinions and ideas on the crime that occurred its not set in concrete if you write here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

Maybe that's telling you that these true-crime forums may not be the right place for you to be right now? You really need to look after yourself at this time imo. You don't want to compound your existing trauma.

On a more general note, the constant answering back and arguing about AD is derailing the focus of the thread and serving no purpose.

We're not here to debate the moral ins-and-outs of what AD did in Syria....this is about the murder of Sam.

Sam is the victim and that is getting lost in emotionally-fuelled debate.

jmo

Yes. The only point in any discussion about Dyball in Syria is his exposure to the violence and lawlessness there, his flouting of Aussie laws, and any significance that may have on his alleged actions in the murder and interfering with a corpse charges related to Sam's murder.

In particular the apparent violence of Sam's murder, and the flouting of our laws against murder.

This should not be a political discussion. There are other forums for that type of thing.

Yes. The only point in any discussion about Dyball in Syria is his exposure to the violence and lawlessness there, his flouting of Aussie laws, and any significance that may have on his alleged actions in the murder and interfering with a corpse charges related to Sam's murder.

In particular the apparent violence of Sam's murder, and the flouting of our laws against murder.

This should not be a political discussion. There are other forums for that type of thing

BBM True.

Drb being close to the case does effect his opinion but I too am quite offended by a lot if what gas been "discussed" about AD. Yes, everyine was allowed their opinion on here including ours... suggesting that AD has or had mental issues because he chose to break the law and fight is just wrong imo. Mist of the focus has been on AD because of that. I understand more info is available in AD but calling him crazy simply because of that one choice, which I personally find comendable is very unfair. Its fine to speculate on the facts but stop acting like psychiatrists who know who AD is. Drb and I have every right to disagree with what a lot of you are saying. Just wish we could focus on actual facts and what may have occured rather than bashing AD's mental health.

I dont find his choice to fight overseas illegally commendable at all like you do. But thats ok we can have our own thoughts and thats fine to toss it around in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because something is a law does not make it right at all, especially one that keeps you from choosing to help others. I get why its in place but I also get why he never got in trouble for it...

SouthAussie has tried to explain to you the seriousness of breaking our anti-terrorism laws and how we have to abide by the laws in this great country of ours...
Why are you finding this so hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer