Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimeSuspect

Reaction score
Homicide detectives join hunt for missing Brisbane childcare worker Samuel Thompson after his orange Mustang dumped in NSW

HOMICIDE detectives have joined the search for a young Brisbane childcare worker whose distinctive classic car was found abandoned in bushland on the northern NSW coast.
Samuel Thompson was last seen driving away from his apartment in Albion in the city’s northern suburbs in his bright orange 2016 Ford Mustang on March 7.

7257ec858f70f5185bb0b8aec9f98c4c

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...w/news-story/90d2fbb1c06192d870a32a1729263dd4

Police fear he has been murdered.

Thread #1
Thread #2

Man, 22, charged with murder of missing childcare worker Samuel Thompson

March 30, 2017

POLICE have charged a 23-year-old man with the murder of missing Brisbane childcare worker Samuel Thompson.

Mr Thompson, 22, has been missing since he left his home in Brisbane’s inner north on March 7.

[...]

On Thursday, police confirmed a 23-year-old man, also from Brisbane, was charged with his murder and interfering with his corpse.

He has been remanded in custody to appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Friday.

Mr Thompson’s body has not yet been found.

Body found in shallow grave confirmed as Sam Thompson

April 7, 2017

Samuel Thompson's grieving parents have been given confirmation a body found in bush north of Brisbane was their slain son.

Forensic police have completed a post-mortem, finding evidence the 22-year-old Albion man was assaulted before his death.

A police spokesman said it was unclear whether the assault caused his death.

Police believe the man whose abandoned orange Ford Mustang sparked the year's largest murder investigation was likely dead before the car ever turned up at a north Brisbane waterhole that featured extensively in his murder investigation.

Instead they will allege Mr Thompson was killed at accused murderer Roberto Vincenzo Boscaino's Bald Hills home.

Both Mr Boscaino and self-declared anti-Islamic State fighter Ashley Dyball have been charged with Mr Thompson's murder and interfering with his corpse.

Man, 22, charged with murder of missing childcare worker Samuel Thompson

March 30, 2017

POLICE have charged a 23-year-old man with the murder of missing Brisbane childcare worker Samuel Thompson.

Mr Thompson, 22, has been missing since he left his home in Brisbane’s inner north on March 7.

[...]

On Thursday, police confirmed a 23-year-old man, also from Brisbane, was charged with his murder and interfering with his corpse.

He has been remanded in custody to appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Friday.

Mr Thompson’s body has not yet been found.

Body found in shallow grave confirmed as Sam Thompson

April 7, 2017

Samuel Thompson's grieving parents have been given confirmation a body found in bush north of Brisbane was their slain son.

Forensic police have completed a post-mortem, finding evidence the 22-year-old Albion man was assaulted before his death.

A police spokesman said it was unclear whether the assault caused his death.

Police believe the man whose abandoned orange Ford Mustang sparked the year's largest murder investigation was likely dead before the car ever turned up at a north Brisbane waterhole that featured extensively in his murder investigation.

Instead they will allege Mr Thompson was killed at accused murderer Roberto Vincenzo Boscaino's Bald Hills home.

Both Mr Boscaino and self-declared anti-Islamic State fighter Ashley Dyball have been charged with Mr Thompson's murder and interfering with his corpse.

Indeed msanais we know who that is ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting up the previous info. Sorry, don't know how to bring some of the posts you posted over to here, but doesn't matter.
So what part of qld. do Sam's parents live at TIA.

So if i'm right in my opinion you believe Sam was robbed at his parents home & then moved to the apt. where he went missing from?

Thanks for posting up the previous info. Sorry, don't know how to bring some of the posts you posted over to here, but doesn't matter.
So what part of qld. do Sam's parents live at TIA.

It's been mentioned Northgate. I didn't previously know that the robbery was at Sam's parent's place. My son has been living on Ryan's Rd for nearly a year. What a small world.

It's been mentioned Northgate. I didn't previously know that the robbery was at Sam's parent's place. My son has been living on Ryan's Rd for nearly a year. What a small world.

Thanks for your reply. And yes, it is a small world at times, :)

So if i'm right in my opinion you believe Sam was robbed at his parents home & then moved to the apt. where he went missing from?

Yes.

Except it appears there was a gap of a few months between leaving his parents home (the day after the robbery) and moving into the apartment. (Sam's FB posts suggest this).

So we're assuming he stayed with friends in the interim.

Well i guess the robbery might or might not be connected? Home invasions happen a lot so who knows? Especially if the robbers were keeping an eye out on where Sam lived and saw all the nice things he brought back from his overseas trip and posted pics. up on SM. Hopefully the police will sort it out. Whether the robbery was connected to the murder at all that is?
We had a lawn mower stolen from our front yard around the corner of the house years ago. Found out one of our neighbours was a criminal and police were keeping an eye on him.

Det Insp Trezise said police were unsure if Mr Thompson’s disappearance was connected to a robbery in Northgate in September 2016 where his car was stolen.

“That offence remains outstanding; it was never solved,” he said. “There are certainly suspects in relation to the robbery and we’d like to locate them.

“It’d be nice to be able to rule them out of any connection with Sam’s disappearance.” Anyone with information about Mr Thompson or his car - with the number plate SAMMO - is urged to contact police.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...k=52320be1adb5042fe135e9a387a440aa-1491797239
And according to this article Sam also has a girlfriend, :(

Det Insp Trezise said police were unsure if Mr Thompson’s disappearance was connected to a robbery in Northgate in September 2016 where his car was stolen.

“That offence remains outstanding; it was never solved,” he said. “There are certainly suspects in relation to the robbery and we’d like to locate them.

“It’d be nice to be able to rule them out of any connection with Sam’s disappearance.” Anyone with information about Mr Thompson or his car - with the number plate SAMMO - is urged to contact police.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...k=52320be1adb5042fe135e9a387a440aa-1491797239
And according to this article Sam also has a girlfriend, :(
This has all been covered Karinna, if you are prepared to read back over the last thread.

An autopsy has confirmed human remains found in a shallow grave at Caboolture, north of Brisbane, do belong to missing Albion man Samuel Thompson.
It indicates Mr Thompson was seriously assaulted, however, investigators are awaiting pathology results in respect to the cause of death.
The 22-year-old's cause of death however is still not clear.

The childcare worker was last seen driving* in Brisbane's northern suburbs after leaving his Albion apartment in the morning of March 7.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...an-samuel-thompson-identified-remains/8424410

*minutes from his parent's place

This has all been covered Karinna, if you are prepared to read back over the last thread.
:chillout:

Haha, others keep going over the same stuff too lol. It happens when there is no further info. i suppose.

:chillout:

Haha, others keep going over the same stuff too lol. It happens when there is no further info. i suppose.
But it helps if you read the last 12 hours before you just dive in

So, I was reading up on assault. And I think it is very possible that Sam was not physically assaulted in the home invasion.

He and the female occupant were both threatened with a gun. Threatening with a gun (which equals a threat to kill or seriously injure) is considered to be assault in Australia.

It is understood the female occupant opened the door and was threatened with a gun as the men entered the house.
The male occupant was also threatened.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e/news-story/33c0845e793fa777341c40893b5f240a

Threats to seriously injure, or kill another person is considered as an assault, but the threat has to create a fear that it would be carried out.
http://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/4274/assault-laws-in-australia-definitions-and-defences.aspx

So, I was reading up on assault. And I think it is very possible that Sam was not physically assaulted in the home invasion.

He and the female occupant were both threatened with a gun. Threatening with a gun (which equals a threat to kill or seriously injure) is considered to be assault in Australia.

Yep, just bullied into submission with a gun.

That makes perfect sense, because you just see him walking down to the car with the perps in the link on the last thread, to be very clear. Thank you SouthAussie!

That makes perfect sense, because you just see him walking down to the car with the perps in the link on the last thread, to be very clear. Thank you SouthAussie!

Yes i was wondering what that was about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads