Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, murdered, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #5

Discussion in 'Trials' started by PrimeSuspect, Mar 13, 2017.

1. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

Footage played in court showed Boscaino's ute driving on the Gateway Motorway to and from the location where Mr Thompson's body was found.

Boscaino was also captured on security footage dumping a toolbox at the Nudgee tip, buying a new toolbox and tomahawk and hiring a floor sander which the crown alleges he used to remove evidence from his house.

Queensland court hears sickening details of alleged fatal axe attack | Daily Mail Online

2. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

These two are seriously sick people, Dyball and Boscaino. Pretty low intelligence, as well. They supposedly planned this crime?? They might as well have stuck a sign on themselves saying "We did it".

3. NYng

NYng New Member

Bosciano to take the stand today.

4. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

Good to see the Trial in this case has commenced, and may Justice prevail for Sam. Have also asked a moderator to move this case to the Trials section of the Forum.

CalliopeGG and PrimeSuspect like this.
  5. John Dillinger

John Dillinger Active Member

Poor Sam didn't have a chance, Sam's chance was to not to choose to be a drug dealer, that was his chance, yet he decided to go down a path of greed.

6. SouthAussie

Oh, that's a good reason for two other drug dealers to beat and axe him to death ... through their own greed.
    Especially over a drug that is becoming legalised in many countries.

TootsieFootsie and PrimeSuspect like this.
  7. John Dillinger

I didn't say that was a reason for him to be murdered, I said that Sam's chance was lost when he decided to go down this path. Drug dealing is illegal for many reasons, and one reason is that it's dangerous, and here's another point proven why the government don't want people dealing. Yes it maybe legal in other countries, however it's still illegal to deal drugs without a license in those countries, and one of those reasons is that it's dangerous.

8. SouthAussie

I get your point, but it is still no reason for a young guy to be murdered ... because he chose to deal pot. Because he made a stupid mistake. Not considering the dangers. At 22 years old, his male brain still wasn't out of its 'stupid' stage.

I hope Boscaino and Dyball go down hard for this callous and brutal murder. On the balance of scales, murder is hugely more criminal than dealing pot.

9. John Dillinger

I agree with your point, I've never disagreed with what your saying, but laws are often created to protect people, no difference than why its illegal to wire a house without using a license electrician. Because it's dangerous if you get it wrong. No-one deserves to die by electrocution because they didn't use an electrician, however there chance to use an electrician could prevent death, and my comment was in response to primesuspects post about "Sam not having a chance"

10. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

Boscaino says Dyball and Mr Thompson went outside and he heard a noise, defence barrister Tony Glynn told the court on Wednesday.

After going to investigate Boscaino says he found Dyball in the driver's seat of Mr Thompson's Mustang.

Mr Thompson was on the ground, apparently dead, partly under the Mustang, Boscaino said.

Boscaino alleges Dyball told him that he had "knocked" Mr Thompson, saying he "had to do it".

Boscaino says he tried to refuse to cover up the killing but feared Dyball.

The pair brought Mr Thompson's body inside where Dyball hit him in the face with an axe, Boscaino has told the court.

The trial has heard Mr Thompson may have been killed from neck injuries consistent with strangulation or a blow from an axe to his face, or both.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...ler-buried-friend-s-body-20191218-p53l65.html

11. Fieldsroyal

Fieldsroyal Member

Surprised there is no media coverage of this trial... Public has forgotten i guess.
    Has Boscaino testified yet?

Pundit likes this.
  12. Pundit

Pundit New Member

The coverage has been pretty poor throughout, ever since the arrests were made. The trial coverage has been a bit sporadic at best. I suspect due to them now being tried seperately. Lawyers seem to be playing a defense of it was him not me, i just helped after the fact...

I hope they both get done for it for murder. The coverage hasnt gone into much of the prosecution case at all. Apparently the prosecution refused boscainos guilty plea for accessory after the fact, and have kept at him for the murder, so they must have something...

I also wonder why there has been a near media silence on this since the arrests were made, no mention of any committal hearings etc...might be more at play in regards to the drug supply aspect...

13. PrimeSuspect

A Queensland drug dealer accused of murdering his friend before burying the body in a pine forest is yet to learn his fate as a jury continues to deliberate.

Jury out in Qld drug dealer murder trial

It appears the jury is struggling over Boscaino's version of events. jmo

CalliopeGG and SouthAussie like this.
  14. PrimeSuspect

True, it's been very low key, once the jury reaches their verdict on Boscaino and Dyball, it may become a bigger news story with witnesses talking to the media. I also hope they go down together for murder.

15. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

I'm curious whether he testified. The account attributed to him sounds ridiculous. If Boscaino thought Sam was dead under the car, why drag him into his own house, potentially contaminating it, let alone either of them bashing him in the face, and how did the strangulation-type injuries come about?

16. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

There are plenty of msm outlets according to Google that are carrying the story of the Trial at the moment.

samuel thompson trial - بحث Google

CalliopeGG, PrimeSuspect and JLZ like this.
  17. Fieldsroyal

Fieldsroyal Member

I would respectfully beg to differ - ashley would 100% be more likely to strangle Sam given his military background and killer instinct - most people in boscaino's shoes would panic and get the body inside out of view - the axe would have been to make sure he was dead - it would take someone pretty indifferent to human life or comfortable with killing to do that - just my opinion....

CalliopeGG, PrimeSuspect and JLZ like this.
  18. Morrisa

Morrisa Well-Known Member

Alexandria Utting
    @alexutting

·
    1h

ROBERTO Boscaino has been convicted of the 2017 murder of Samuel Hunter Thompson. He has pleaded guilty to interfering with a corpse. His co-accused, Syrian fighter Ashley Dyball is yet to stand trial over the killing.
    @couriermail

19. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

20. Fieldsroyal

Fieldsroyal Member

Guilty verdict - life sentence - will be out in 20 years. Jury took 12 hours to deliberate and must have reached the conclusion they jointly jumped the victim. Can't see Dyball's ending any other way.

Estelle, SouthAussie, Morrisa and 2 others like this.