GUILTY Australia - Shaun Barker, 33, tortured & brutally murdered, Robina, Qld, 13 Dec 2013

Yes fence sitter, one and the same.
Well ill be damned!
I guess its no different to abducters joining in the 'search' for a missing person when they are actually responsible.
It never ceases to baffle me, the lengths these offenders go to to stay out of the spotlight of LE by simple being right in there amongst it and in plain sight!
What are coersive hearings? Ive read a bit about them but not sure i fully understand.
I always thought it was a hearing where a witness was required to relay information they know (whether they are involved in the crime or not) or be facing jail time. The amount of detail that they know of SBs final days/hours suggests to me that one of the 3 accused have in fact given the information?

Anyone heard anything new? I thought the three men had to face court on Monday?

Hi Everyone,
We are new here & are quite familiar with this case. We agree with fence sitter that the police have certainly been given inside information but we do not believe it was one of the 3 men arrested. Could it be from someone who ordered the kidnapping & bashing but not the murder, who is already up on very serious charges? Please refer to the below link to understand what we are referring to

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/.../gold-coast...scott-murphy.../story-fnje8b...

or try Scott Murphy gold coast.... many articles stating William Francis Dean was his henchman,and is already facing kidnapping and torture charges along with others

Hi Everyone,
We are new here & are quite familiar with this case. We agree with fence sitter that the police have certainly been given inside information but we do not believe it was one of the 3 men arrested. Could it be from someone who ordered the kidnapping & bashing but not the murder, who is already up on very serious charges? Please refer to the below link to understand what we are referring to

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/.../gold-coast...scott-murphy.../story-fnje8b...

or try Scott Murphy gold coast.... many articles stating William Francis Dean was his henchman,and is already facing kidnapping and torture charges along with others

What a good find! I had never looked up anything on William Dean but it seems he was the hired muscle man for what? A drug gang? Or just a group of people playing it up to be big?

if yu read the related articles on scott murphy,will dean worked for him it says he scott is the boss of a drug gang and I believe that's who shaun was working for but made mistakes to many it seems,the only one not charged this time is the boss who is up on serious charges as is. tell me he never knew about tin can bay

Please I am really interested if anyone else believes that the charges relating to Scott Murphy, William Dean & Daniel Jaffe could be related to the murder of Shaun Barker. We know that Scott Murphy was facing a 25yr jail term being accused of being an officer bearer, along with other numerous charges relating to drugs etc. Police allege William Dean was the "muscle" for Murphy. We know Dean was living in a Molendinar warehouse that was leased to Murphy. We know police allege that Murphy is the office bearer - boss, who is facing a 25yr sentence, Barker was involved into the production of drugs. The MO - abducted from a service station, (the 7/11 where barker was taken is a servo as well...), torture etc, very similar - Shaun Barker/ Luke Romhegyi. Luke Romhegyi owed a debt, Shaun Barker was stated to be involved in the production. The CCC obtained information threw a hearing which a lot of information seems to have been gained leading to the arrest of 3 men, all at approx. the same time. If we assume 1 of these 3 men rolled then we need to wonder when as they all seem to be "nabbed" at the same time. So I'm asking who do u all believe would have the most to gain by informing the police of who was responsible for the death of SHAUN BARKER esp if they could prove they were nowhere near the crime scene?

SHOCKING details have been revealed how a man was allegedly kidnapped, put into an Esky, tortured, then zip-tied to a tree and had honey smeared over his genitals to attract ants before eventually being murdered.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2015/04/15/update-4-additional-charges-in-operation-mike-dorado/

Detectives from the Gold Coast Southern Crime Group and Homicide Investigation Group have laid additional charges as part of investigations into the disappearance of Shaun Barker in 2013.

Investigators working as part of Operation Mike Dorado last year charged three men in relation to Mr Barker’s murder after his remains were located in Toolara Forest near Cooloola Cove on April 10, 2014.

A 30-year-old Labrador man was today charged with one count each of kidnapping, deprivation of liberty and torture.

It will be alleged the offences occurred between December 9 and 12, 2013.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2015/04/15/update-4-additional-charges-in-operation-mike-dorado/

Detectives from the Gold Coast Southern Crime Group and Homicide Investigation Group have laid additional charges as part of investigations into the disappearance of Shaun Barker in 2013.

Investigators working as part of Operation Mike Dorado last year charged three men in relation to Mr Barker’s murder after his remains were located in Toolara Forest near Cooloola Cove on April 10, 2014.

A 30-year-old Labrador man was today charged with one count each of kidnapping, deprivation of liberty and torture.

It will be alleged the offences occurred between December 9 and 12, 2013.
But no charge of murder for this 4th person??

Trio deny murder, torture of Queensland man Shaun Barker
ONE of Shaun Barker’s accused killers allegedly bragged about smashing his kneecaps and cutting a finger off, saying “you wouldn’t believe how big a flogging this bloke can take without talking”.

Stephen John Armitage, his son Matthew Leslie Armitage and William Francis Dean are accused of locking the 33-year-old Gold Coast father in a fishing Esky, torturing and killing him between December 2013 and April 2014.

The accused trio pleaded not guilty to murder, torture and interfering with a dead body when their trial began in the Brisbane Supreme Court on Monday.

I worked closely and had a friendship of sorts to one of the accused and this comes as a shock to me because he would give his shirt of his back for you and was everywhere for everybody for anything anytime!

Trio sentenced for torture and murder of Gold Coast man

Father and son Stephen John Armitage and Matthew Leslie Armitage, as well as William Francis Dean were found guilty of Mr Barker’s murder, torture and interfering with his corpse in 2017.

Justice David Jackson said their brutality included trapping the father-of-one in an Esky and using a hose to “pipe water” into it until he “almost drowned”.

Justice Jackson sentenced the Armitage men to life in jail with parole eligibility after 20 years.

Dean was considered the ringleader of the crimes because he assaulted Mr Barker on the Gold Coast before taking him to Gympie in December 2013.

The 41-year-old Toowoomba-born man was sentenced to life and he will not be able to apply for parole until he serves 20 years.

Murder victim's sister faces killers in court

The sister of Gold Coast murder victim Shaun Barker has slammed his killers, telling them: "You brutally murdered my brother. You decided his life wasn't worth living, You made sure he suffered."

Sheridan Mollenhauer delivered her emotional victim impact statement during the sentencing this morning of Cooloola Cove fisherman Stephen John Armitage, his son Matthew Leslie Armitage and their co-conspirator William Francis Dean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back