Australia Australia - Shiva Chauhan, 27, Melbourne, Vic, 1 May 2014

Jalandhar-based relatives of a 27- year-old youth who went missing under mysterious circumstances in Australia last week, on Thursday, alleged that the Melbourne police and the Indian Embassy have failed to put in their best efforts to trace him.

Speaking with Hindustan Times, Mohan Lal, brother-in-law of the missing youth, said Shiva had gone to Australia in 2010 on study visa and was working part time as delivery driver while pursuing his studies.

Lal said Shiva's roommates suspected foul play surrounding his disappearance, saying that he might have been kidnapped.

“The Victoria police have taken the basic details of Shiva from his brother Dinesh, who is into construction business in New Delhi,” added Lal.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punja...ian-embassy-of-inaction/article1-1216911.aspx

Shiva has been here since 2010. I wonder how long he is studying for. International student info says ...

"Under current rules if you have studied for two years towards a university bachelors, master of research degree you will be entitled to apply for a post study work visa for two to four years (dependent on level of study)."

http://www.studyoptions.com/australian-student-visas#.U24gMfmSyGc

Main Stream Media

South Asia Times - May 13th, 2014
Source Link
Concern over missing Indian student.
Melbourne, May 11: Police have appealed to the public for information surrounding the disappearance of 27-year-old Melbourne delivery van driver, Shiva Chauhan. There has been no progress in tracing Shiva Chauhan, Victoria Police media unit told SAT.

Two months on, no trace of Amritsar youth missing in Oz

For tracing Shiva Chauhan, 27, an Amritsar district youth who went missing in Australia in May, his brother has gone to that country to assist its police, since the family claims the Indian embassy has didn't try it best to find the man from Beas.

Chauhan, a delivery-van driver in Melbourne, is missing since May 2 when he had gone out to make a routine drop.

His relatives have no clue about his whereabouts. The Melbourne police have made a public appeal for any information about him and even circulated his pictures.

The public notice from the city’s homicide and missing people squad mentions that Shiva had stepped out on the night of May 1 and was last seen at a bakery around 12.30am on May 2.

On Friday, his delivery van was found abandoned on another road.

Balwinder Kumar, one of the relatives of the missing youth, said here on Monday that Chauhan had gone to Australia in 2010 on study visa and picked up part-time job to pay for his education. He said the Melbourne police had failed to find him because the Indian government had not taken up case properly with the Australian government.

“Chauhan’s brother, Dinesh, travelled to Australia by making own arrangements for money and visa, as the Indian government offered him no help,” said Kumar, adding that the Australian police had a theory that either Shiva would come back on his own or he was dead.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punja...sar-youth-missing-in-oz/article1-1240424.aspx

Apologies for the bad translation, however this is how it appears on the Hindustan Times website. Still no sign of Shiva :(

Thanks for that update Freya :seeya:

This case is so awful. His poor family!! :facepalm: I keep periodically checking for news and it's always the same - nothing.

Thanks for that update Freya :seeya:

This case is so awful. His poor family!! :facepalm: I keep periodically checking for news and it's always the same - nothing.

Yes, it is so frightening that someone can simply vanish. It never ceases to shock me!

I pass the spot where the van was found every week and think of him often hoping he did not meet with foul play.

He came here in 2010 to study. I wonder how long the course was. Could his student visa have run out and by disappearing he could stay in the country?
I am only thinking of why he might still be alive.

On the other hand, he was a good looking guy. :Could he have become involved with someone elses wife?
There has been no talk of any illegal undertaking by him. . If he was making money illegally I doubt that he would be driving a van overnight. JMOO

I pass the spot where the van was found every week and think of him often hoping he did not meet with foul play.

He came here in 2010 to study. I wonder how long the course was. Could his student visa have run out and by disappearing he could stay in the country?
I am only thinking of why he might still be alive.

On the other hand, he was a good looking guy. :Could he have become involved with someone elses wife?
There has been no talk of any illegal undertaking by him. . If he was making money illegally I doubt that he would be driving a van overnight. JMOO

bbm. I really hope that is the case. It does happen a lot.

I'm dismayed that there is not much Main Stream Media follow-up coverage and reminders after the week that Shiva went missing.

This is a recent article:
http://www.yespunjab.com/punjab/pun...-chauhan-from-amritsar-is-missing-since-may-2
No Trace Of Indian Missing Youth in Australia
15th July 2014
The article cannot be copied and pasted - so I have no quotes - just a small part screen capture:

They have had no help from the Indian Government.

Found another article with the same wording:
article1-1240424.aspx
For tracing Shiva Chauhan, 27, an Amritsar district youth who went missing in Australia in May, his brother has gone to that country to assist its police, since the family claims the Indian embassy has didn’t try it best to find the man from Beas.

Attachments

• Shiva Chauhan MSM 1.jpg
    Shiva Chauhan MSM 1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 96
http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/5811-search-following-disappearance-of-delivery-man.html

Police are currently searching a beach area on Phillip Island following the disappearance of delivery van driver Shiva Chauhan last year.

Investigators now have information to suggest that Mr Chauhan may have been taken to Phillip Island in the early hours of Friday, 2 May 2014.

Detectives from the Cold Case and Missing Persons Squad and Dog Squad, along with SES volunteers are currently involved in the search at Flynn’s Beach.

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/5811-search-following-disappearance-of-delivery-man.html

Police are currently searching a beach area on Phillip Island following the disappearance of delivery van driver Shiva Chauhan last year.

Investigators now have information to suggest that Mr Chauhan may have been taken to Phillip Island in the early hours of Friday, 2 May 2014.

Detectives from the Cold Case and Missing Persons Squad and Dog Squad, along with SES volunteers are currently involved in the search at Flynn’s Beach.

Thanks for this news sleepinoz. Im heartened to the fact that the Police are still active and on the case and doing their best to get answers!
Cheers.

this is dated 30th January...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...202614104?nk=bacf019af88766ec6f950b8c1cd98ca8
Indian national Shiva Chauhan missing, police hold grave fears
ANTHONY DOWSLEY HERALD SUN JANUARY 30, 2015 8:48PM

Det Inspector Jill Dyson says police hold grave fears the 27-year-old met foul play, revealing a Toyota Camry reported stolen in the month he vanished may be the key to the mystery.

Det Insp Dyson said investigators hold information to suggest a stolen maroon 2006 Toyota Camry sedan, with a registration number ULO 972 may have been involved in Shiva’s disappearance.

``He disappeared in suspicious circumstances and his family want to know what happened to him,’’ Det Insp Dyson said.

``Our investigations suggest a stolen Toyota Camry may have been involved in Shiva’s disappearance. That vehicle is still outstanding and we’d like to locate it as it may afford evidence in relation to his disappearance.’’

``It was reported stolen following his disappearance.

``We have received information to suggest that this vehicle is involved.

``From the outset it was fairly clear something may have happened to him.

``The fact we believe this vehicle was involved suggests that there may have been some attempt to intercept him and then his truck was then abandoned.”

Police believe the Camry is a strong lead and that Mr Chauhan may have been intercepted during his deliveries.

Attachments

• 2006_toyota_camry_4dr_sdn_se_auto_maroon_conventional_spare_tir_99458717849074071.jpg
    2006_toyota_camry_4dr_sdn_se_auto_maroon_conventional_spare_tir_99458717849074071.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 58
Read More: http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/new...ing-disappearance-of-delivery-van-driver.html

Victoria Police News

INVESTIGATION CONTINUES FOLLOWING DISAPPEARANCE OF DELIVERY VAN DRIVER
Investigators now have information to suggest a stolen maroon 2006 Toyota Camry sedan may have been involved in Shiva’s disappearance.

The vehicle has the registration ULO 972.

It has yet to be recovered and police are keen to speak with anyone who saw this vehicle on the day of Mr Chauhan’s disappearance or has information on it’s current whereabouts.

camry_chauhan.jpg

Anyone with information or who may have seen his delivery van or the stolen maroon sedan in the Dandenong and Keysborough areas on Friday morning is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au

ABC Radio Interview with Police regarding the Search for Shiva on Phillip Island.
They are looking for remains now - very sad :(

Listen to the Radio interview with Police - click link:
http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/search-for-missing-man.mp3

Small article & link to radio interview:

Victorian police and SES found nothing after searching for missing man, Shiva Chauhan, on Flynn's Beach at Phillip Island yesterday.
The 27-year-old delivery driver has been missing for nine months.
Detective Snr-Sgt Boris Buick spoke to Jonathon Kendall about the search.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/victoria/20...tml?site=gippsland&program=gippsland_mornings

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back