Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, 13, Boronia, Vic, 2 June 2011

Bung's case actually reminds me most of Quanne Diec rather than Mr Cruel. Same age, both of asian appearance, and the same circumstances surrounding their abductions. No trace of Quanne was ever found, except a grainy CCTV image of her passing an Australia Post depot as she walked to school, appearing to be followed by a man.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2340dfnsw.html

http://www.parramattasun.com.au/new...arch-still-goes-on-for-lost-girl/2240823.aspx

Update for Quanne DIEC

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-...ing-granville-girl-quanne-diec-murder/8041432

Police are searching a property in Sydney's west as part of their investigations into the disappearance of a 12-year-old schoolgirl, who went missing 18 years ago.

and a new thread for her

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ec-Man-charged-with-Sydney-girl-s-1998-murder

I used to catch the bus from Croydon to Boronia every day after school. A day or two after Bung went missing, the stepdad got on the bus and asked if anyone had seen her. He handed around a flyer and made sure everyone had a look at it. To me, his worry seemed too genuine for him to have had anything to do with her disappearance.

Friends of missing schoolgirl Bung Siriboon have revealed to A Current Affair that they are haunted by their decision to allow their 13-year-old friend to walk to school alone on the day she disappeared
But she did on that morning eight years ago when she disappeared, leaving police with no leads.
One of Bung’s closest friends, Taylor, tells A Current Affair she struggles to overcome a decision she believes sealed Bung’s fate on that June morning of 2011.
“I remember it clear - clear as day. Walking with my brother, you know, and he asked if I wanted to and I don’t know why, but I said, ‘no’ … sorry,” an emotional Taylor said.
Another friend, Abbey, said she and her friends still struggle to cope with the fact Bung made it to 130 metres of the school gates

Friends of missing schoolgirl reveal 'haunting' decision

Bung’s stepdad Fred Pattison tells A Current Affair that he had no idea she was missing until he received a phone call from her friend after school.
“Her friend rang … and said, ‘tell Bung that we have got football or something tomorrow’. And I said, ‘why didn’t you tell her at school’, and she said, ‘she wasn’t at school today’, so that’s when the penny dropped," he said.
“That’s when we started to panic.”

Friends of missing schoolgirl reveal 'haunting' decision

I used to catch the bus from Croydon to Boronia every day after school. A day or two after Bung went missing, the stepdad got on the bus and asked if anyone had seen her. He handed around a flyer and made sure everyone had a look at it. To me, his worry seemed too genuine for him to have had anything to do with her disappearance.

Does anyone think it's strange that Bung's mother went back to Thailand to live, yet the stepfather still lives in the same house?

Does anyone have missing posters for this? I live in Ringwood East. Someone knows something. It’s about time the word is spread again!

I do hope that with more awareness and coverage that this case can be solved. Being from Victoria, I am very much wanting to investigate and see what I can learn from people in the area as well as any sources of information. Hopefully it would be possible to gain a clearer picture of the area and what happened on the day she disappeared. Do you think a podcast would help to raise awareness and get people interested?

Last edited:
A podcast might be a good idea, assuming they have enough to fill several episodes.
Now would be a good time for it too given we're all at home!

Does anyone have missing posters for this? I live in Ringwood East. Someone knows something. It’s about time the word is spread again!

I reckon I saw some at the time (in the next suburb) but nothing since.
It's amazing how quickly crimes fade from the public view.

A podcast might be a good idea, assuming they have enough to fill several episodes.
Now would be a good time for it too given we're all at home!

Indeed, it would be good to talk to people in close connection with the disappearance as well. Perhaps even conduct interviews if possible to see where it leads before creating a podcast. Of course this would have to be done with the utmost respect and caution. Unfortunately I don't think that will be happening anytime soon. Still, can't hurt to start investigating.

No, only the mother moved back to Thailand.

It could be a separation issue between them. Studies have shown that with the loss of a child (or in this case maybe the presumed loss) couples don't always make it staying in the relationship together. So unless the theory of the step-father being involved is correct (I'm not getting that feeling) I see the possible separation as almost inevitable.

Every time I look this case up, there are never any updates or new information and it’s so extremely frustrating. The overwhelming coverage of Williams Tyrells case in comparison is really upsetting. Am I the only one who thinks that if Bung was a blonde haired blue eyed child from the north shore her case would have gotten the widespread coverage it deserves? If the police are working on this case behind the scenes surely an update to the public isn’t too much to ask and may produce more information.

Every time I look this case up, there are never any updates or new information and it’s so extremely frustrating. The overwhelming coverage of Williams Tyrells case in comparison is really upsetting. Am I the only one who thinks that if Bung was a blonde haired blue eyed child from the north shore her case would have gotten the widespread coverage it deserves? If the police are working on this case behind the scenes surely an update to the public isn’t too much to ask and may produce more information.

Indeed, it’s extremely frustrating. Especially when some people have heard of the case and others haven’t. Even researching information on the case can be quite difficult. I know not that much information exists but it’s still unfortunate when you get bits and pieces from the media and the victoria police which overall leaves you hanging.

I feel like more awareness could help solve this. I only hope that they still have some time and resources to look back over the case. It’s a shame to think all those documents and any other clues to her disappearance might just be sitting there.

I’m considering taking a more active look into this. Having been to Boronia, gotten a sense of the community and researched this case I really hope something can be done.

Indeed, it’s extremely frustrating. Especially when some people have heard of the case and others haven’t. Even researching information on the case can be quite difficult. I know not that much information exists but it’s still unfortunate when you get bits and pieces from the media and the victoria police which overall leaves you hanging.

I feel like more awareness could help solve this. I only hope that they still have some time and resources to look back over the case. It’s a shame to think all those documents and any other clues to her disappearance might just be sitting there.

I’m considering taking a more active look into this. Having been to Boronia, gotten a sense of the community and researched this case I really hope something can be done.

I wish we could have a very private group that had access to all the information so we could spend the time sorting through the records saving police time and hopefully help resolve some cases. Unfortunately I know this won't happen due to all the confidentiality, although we could all sign contracts to ensure nothing is said outside of the group. We can always wish, sigh.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back