Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still struggling to understand why he attacked Stephanie. Yes we know he was strange but apart from attacking a teacher when he was 9, it seems like he hasn't got a record of attacking random people? Maybe there's more to come out.

...and the report he had a temper and rages, if so, why didn't the neighbours hear this?

I think there is more to come on the violence side from VS. Once incident from when he was younger doesn't gel with the seriousness of this crime, there will be more. I just shudder to think of him now overpowering his victim.

Dr Google tells me that people with schizophrenia can have altered perceptions of temperature. It would make sense that someone with autism might have similar misperceptions based on the way that some people in the spectrum experience things differently (hypersensitive or desensitised to some things).

Yes - some people just don't feel the cold - when I was pregnant with number 1 child - I couldn't stand sleeping with anything but a sheet - I would be burning up - this kid is a heat machine now - he radiates heat and doesn't feel the cold at least unless its below 0. (He is defs not autistic or schizo or bipolar in any way either just different strokes for different folks!)

From here on in is it likely we won't hear much more about what happened until this reaches the courts, or in the past have post mortem conclusions been released to the public when they become available?

I wonder if the police might be keeping things quiet so that there's no possible issues when it comes time to find an impartial jury?

Was just wondering the same thing as thegoogler. 3 days since autopsy, police and family would know upshot. Im sure in other cases info was released by now. Either they are holding back because of legal reasons or they need further forensic tests to identify cause. Maybe due to lack of info from vs, it has an impact on how police deal with gathered evidence? Or Stephanie was so badly burnt that initial post mortem results don't confirm anything?

Was just wondering the same thing as thegoogler. 3 days since autopsy, police and family would know upshot. Im sure in other cases info was released by now. Either they are holding back because of legal reasons or they need further forensic tests to identify cause. Maybe due to lack of info from vs, it has an impact on how police deal with gathered evidence? Or Stephanie was so badly burnt that initial post mortem results don't confirm anything?

I wondered if it's different to other cases because there's been no admission?

Or perhaps the family has requested the details remain private. I think I recall dad saying they were keen to restore her dignity. (As you would be) Maybe that includes not making public the details of her death. I could understand that this may be a step towards that for the family.

It would take a while for the samples to be analysed. Some case takes weeks. :moo:

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...out-how-she-died/story-fns0kb1g-1227302951632

The report that if he was spoken to he would look away with no eye contact or walk away. Is that why he's not giving any information because he isn't a good communicator?
If so, it might be a long patient process.

There has been no denial, either!!

golly, no one admits to murder, everyone denies it.. I find that the oddest bit of all.

Maybe he's seen too many movies where the perps just don't say anything at all. They will for sure have to have brought in a shrink :(

I think we would have heard if a mental health assessment was recommended.

I think the media really needs to lay off his family, too. Who on the heck cares how many cats they had? How's THAT relevant, report-worthy news? FFS. The state of msm has been in a rapid decline3 for some years now... but this past couple of years, they've sunk to whole new levels.

And hey - didn't I say back in thread 1 somewhere, there'd be an autism diagnosis?

Now, I am not disparaging anyone who genuinely has autism here, please don't anyone think so.

But how many Asbergers/autistic (or claims to be autistic...) killer cases have we had here, recently? Remember when they all were bipolar, then all had the "warrior gene" and/or ADHD.... And let's not forget Gable Tostee (aka Eric Thomas)'s completely false "diagnosis" of autism (there's still people thinking he has it, when the court reported he did not. One up for publicity mongering, I suppose..). Yet another 'popular' catch-all diagnosis that is made too often in a hurry, and in response to a range of behaviours that could have a jillion other causes. Sorry for the rant, but how many cases like this are we are going to see, before they discover the next condition that gets trotted out in defense of every second young, male murderer.

And to be fair, the parents may genuinely think these young men are autistic (thanks to kneejerk diagnosis), but they're NOT. So whatever they actually have goes untreated... so no surprise that things go pear shaped when they grow up.

If you're going on a campaign against people falsely claiming to have a mental disability, at least learn how to spell the name correctly.

It's Asperger's.

Learning something about it would be desirable, as well.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism/asperger-syndrome

You can even make a donation.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/mental-health-aspergers-syndrome

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/asperger/detail_asperger.htm

http://www.autism-society.org/what-is/aspergers-syndrome/

I think we would have heard if a mental health assessment was recommended.

A thorough MHA will be done. It is in the accused interests and may assist with understanding the horrific nature of this crime. My opinion only.

The mayor of the NSW town reeling from Stephanie Scott's murder has extended a comforting hand to her accused killer's mother.

Leeton Shire Council Mayor Paul Maytom spent an hour with Anika Stanford, the mother of Vincent Stanford, to ensure the traumatised nurse knew she had his support.

It comes after reports of unrest and simmering tension on social media about reprisal attacks in the Riverina town.

http://www.smh.com.au//breaking-new...ts-accused-killers-mother-20150415-3u2xc.html

The mayor of the NSW town reeling from Stephanie Scott's murder has extended a comforting hand to her accused killer's mother.

Leeton Shire Council Mayor Paul Maytom spent an hour with Anika Stanford, the mother of Vincent Stanford, to ensure the traumatised nurse knew she had his support.

It comes after reports of unrest and simmering tension on social media about reprisal attacks in the Riverina town.

http://www.smh.com.au//breaking-new...ts-accused-killers-mother-20150415-3u2xc.html

That's some good news :)

If you're going on a campaign against people falsely claiming to have a mental disability, at least learn how to spell the name correctly.

It's Asperger's.

Learning something about it would be desirable, as well.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism/asperger-syndrome

You can even make a donation.
Yes, learning something about it is always desirable.

The term Asperger's fell out of favour long ago, at the same time as labelling someone with Down Syndrome as "downs". If you are going to use the term correctly it is Asperger Syndrome.

And even that is outdated. It is no longer known as Asperger Syndrome, it is now Autism II or ASD.

The link you gave, Autism Speaks, is avoided by most professionals because of it's outdated misinformation. They advocate 'curing' and 'eradicating' autism (which can't be done), they have NOBODY with autism on their board and only 4% of their donations are given to helping families.

New ASD classification system

A new classification system for autism and Asperger syndrome, introduced in 2013 (in the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), gives only one diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. This is the result of much research that indicated there was not enough evidence to suggest that the conditions of autism and Asperger syndrome were distinct conditions, so now they all come under the single umbrella term, ASD.

This means that a diagnosis of Asperger syndrome will no longer be given. The preferred term is now ASD, However, there are a number of people who have been diagnosed with Asperger’s in the past, and identify with this diagnosis. They will still be able to refer to their condition as having Asperger’s into the future, despite the fact that it is no longer a formal diagnosis.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/asperger_syndrome_and_adults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer