Australia Australia - Tanja Ebert, 23, Roseworthy, SA, 8 Aug 2017

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Adrianna, Aug 16, 2017.

1. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 New Member

Born killer could have shot his way out, screamed along desert highways, his sons as hostages, culminating in the murder of his sons and possibly a half baked self inflicted injury and two or three injured coppers. What would he get ... 12, 15 years, out on parole after eight or nine?

Some 'born killer', lol

2. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

It doesn't require competence to be a born killer, merely the capacity to kill. He had this, plus the capacity to play out his narrative for days. Killing himself was the ultimate act of a born killer. Premeditation doesn't require more than a few seconds... minutes can be an era in the meaning of premeditation.

I think the manner of her death , if it can be ascertained now, would have and still might show the degree of premeditation he invested, loading a gun, using a bow and arrow, perhaps, strangling takes long long minutes.... all the stuff your born killers, determined , can do.

3. Trooper

doesn't require a plethora of bodies , noise or chaos to be a born killer. Merely the intention , the determination, the action and the narrative to fit the criteria, Laser.... he had all these elements.

I don't know why he didn't kill his sons. I suspect, but I don't know, that he thought he might just get away with it, if his story held.

She was young, an experienced traveller and adventurer, he was setting her up to be seen to have cash on hand, he lucked out with the passport stuff, ( sometimes the most obvious thing is forgotten ) .. he could make her out to be flighty, dissatisfied, moody, a whole lot of things to bulk out and bulk up the story....

He could have bought his sons up believing their mother ran away.. bloke in Victoria did that, killed his wife, buried her in the back garden , told the kids Mum had run away with a truckie.. got away with it for 23 years...

4. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 New Member

Or ... could have been a back-handed slap during an argument which sent her reeling into the fireplace edge or corner of a table. When he bent to wake her from what he believed to be unconsciousness, she could have been dead. Happens every day in the news .. people hit in the head with no real intention to cause permanent damage, but unfortunately it kills them

I think he was a dead man walking from the minute she died. A man already eager for his own death. And he didn't mess around. He killed himself conclusively, no hesitation. Didn't concoct anything close to a half convincing alibi, lie or excuse. Didn't fight for his liberty. Didn't blame his wife. Didn't scratch himself or claim she'd flown at him in a rage. Didn't invent a lover for her. Didn't try to save himself. Didn't want to live without her and didn't for more than a couple of days

5. Trooper

well... .he did hesitate.. for about 9 days, all up before he killed himself.

...he did concoct a cackhanded story of her getting in a huff and leaving the car at Roseworthy, with the added gratuitous fib that she took all the money.

No , he didn't invent a lover, but who is to say that may have come somewhere down the track ?

Did save himself until someone reported her missing....

6. Trooper

no one knows if he didn't want to live without her......... he may not have wanted to live in prison, he may not have been able to face the horror of a trial. .... any number of reasons, all logical why at that point, 9 days after her death that he didn't find living very appealing.......

7. Trooper

It is intriguing... if that is the word ... maybe not.. it is maybe significant that he kills himself in the home, while his mother is in the home as well. Her last son, brother of older son who killed himself.. ( why? the Coroners Findings don't go back far enough, assuming that death took place in South Australia ) this son decides to kill himself with his mother and sons present.,,

That has to have some significance in this terrible crime. ..

8. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Does Michael own any earthmoving equipment? Including farm tractor with bucket, post hole borer, end loader. Mini Excavator. Easiest way to dispose of dead animals on a farm. Excluding the post hole burial, the other means always leaves a bare lump for six moths or more, no matter how much you try and and tamp it down. Not hard to do a six foot hole with machinery. Next thought..... supposing Michael was responsible, where has he placed her? A special place? Or a place reserved for one who needed to be taught a lesson. Another thought, why is Tanja being referred to with her maiden name? Not Mrs B? Some personality profiling would be useful here.

9. symbah

symbah Well-Known Member

I'm sure with operating a property of 410 square kilometres they would have had all the machinery plus more that you've mentioned LB.

I truly don't understand why personality profiling would be needed in the instance of a person retaining their maiden name after marriage. IMO, I don't don't see what that has to do with this woman allegedly being murdered.

10. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

He might not have inherited the property if his mother is alive. He might have worked the property because that's all he knew. There appears several houses on the property so his mother could have lived there as well.

(Google maps Oulnina park road Yunta)

It looks like an isolated desolate area. It never rains. It's not my choice for a happy life.

11. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Personality profiling in relation to how where and by what means a body might be made to disappear. This is in response to Symbah's post.

12. Trooper

Mum lives down on the Eyre Peninsular, Port Lincoln , somewhere around there , quite a long way from the property, even by Australian standards, about 600 klms..... the Dad died on the property in another cottage, didn't say the Mum was there though...

And maybe he was working the place for his Mum, but I think that these large properties are left to the sons with the mother perhaps deriving an income , shares...

I figure that he got Mum to come up to the place which would have taken her a day, at the very least, going full pelt , gives him plenty of time to bury the body, but he would have had to either leave the babies at home alone or taken them with him and the equipment, to do the burial , which narrows things down a bit from an area the size of Rio De Janero to maybe searchable over many weeks....

13. everybodhi

everybodhi Well-Known Member

It's pretty shocking.
    Poor murderers that have to put up with that, huh?
    It's a miracle all women aren't murdered, am I right?
    I didn't relate to the scenario expressed at all and don't know any women like this even though they are being portrayed as "all women".
    I don't think this is helpful to imagine all women as beotches a week out of every month and in several other ways therefor driving the poor men to kill, especially on a supposedly victim friendly crime forum.

14. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

Holy victim blaming, Batman
    He is the murderer, she is the victim, and this is a victim-friendly site. Supposedly.

15. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Well-Known Member

I'm busy trying to keep my mouth shut [emoji40]

16. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

I'm absolutely gobsmacked too! No wonder murder suicides are on the rise, women can't be trusted and once she's locked in, death is her only escape!!

It's shocking to read a victim being reduced to a blithering idiot and her murder being romanticized just because the culprit killed himself? oh for Pete's sake!

Tanja's life was stolen from her, her son's deprived of their loving mother by a selfish man who couldn't put his life together, yet he expected a young woman to.

17. Trooper

( I am now answering myself!! :crazy:)
    What happened to that pup?..... it's hard to believe that she gets this puppy in Adelaide, no doubt that will come out at the inquest, as it is , to me , a significant sign that she was not going anywhere for some years, you don't take on a $700 puppy and then leave home. Hard to see her getting out of the car 250 klms from home with a new puppy and nothing else and stumbling away.

To me, that dashy says 'I'm in , naturally, for the long haul'.....

18. The Dark Shadow

The Dark Shadow Criminologist

Hey Troop. Honestly, I can't see a puppy. I think she's just twirling her fingers through her hair! I don't believe a museum would allow any animals in either, unless it was a seeing eye dog. I may be wrong, but I'm just not seeing it.

Just a sad situation overall - poor babies :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

It sure looks like a pup but not sure what type.

I'd be surprised if a poopy would be allowed into a museum.

Attached Files:

20. symbah

symbah Well-Known Member

AFTER suspending the grim search for Tanja Ebert, Major Crime detectives returned to the property where they believe the young mother may be buried on Saturday morning but no evidence was recovered.

Investigators arrived at Oulnina Park just before 9.30am this morning and were done by 10.30am.

The 410sq km sheep station is now being cared for by a man close to Michael Burdon, 41, and Ms Ebert, 23, who police believe has been murdered.

The search of Oulnina Park has been suspended indefinitely as detectives review evidence already gathered and conduct further interviews to find fresh leads.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...h/news-story/ab0abec8c32f51cfbe0886fda1e623eb