Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, 31 May 2019 #4

This is cosy corner car park access point to the cosy corner trail. As I said earlier, you can get a car in there and drive a way up the cosy corner trail. It would not be hard to get a body out of there, it’s not like you would have to carry it all the way back.

Attachments

• 2FAC6655-49C2-48B8-8976-F67C4E5A059C.jpeg
    2FAC6655-49C2-48B8-8976-F67C4E5A059C.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 31
ITA I thought maybe a weed purchase connection with whats app being used, but whatever type of 'hookup', The UI program mentioned that Cosy Corner was often used for a out of the way place to drink/party etc and that may be why TH was led there, with a promise of a bit of this or that. What then? The big question...Hopefully a clearer picture will start to emerge with is new info. TL's campsite and death...IMO is not a coincidence...I'll leave my thoughts on that until I've fully caught up on both threads.

The what next is the most important question.

But what is known is not much happens after the wifi handshake. Why make a wifi handshake? It seems TH knew the person he was with for sometime to ask for wifi assistance. Or that person demanded it to help TH access something (bank accounts). Or TH needed to help him access maps.

But either way it further supports he is with someone and that someone is not someone he just randomly bumps into on the beach. This is the person who took him there.

ITA I thought maybe a weed purchase connection with whats app being used, but whatever type of 'hookup', The UI program mentioned that Cosy Corner was often used for a out of the way place to drink/party etc and that may be why TH was led there, with a promise of a bit of this or that. What then? The big question...Hopefully a clearer picture will start to emerge with is new info. TL's campsite and death...IMO is not a coincidence...I'll leave my thoughts on that until I've fully caught up on both threads.

But what is known is not much happens after the wifi handshake. Why make a wifi handshake? It seems TH knew the person he was with for sometime to ask for wifi assistance. Or that person demanded it to help TH access something (bank accounts). Or TH needed to help him access maps.

But either way it further supports he is with someone and that someone is not someone he just randomly bumps into on the beach. This is the person who took him there.

Another point of interest. I believe the phone is moved around the lighthouse by the same person that walked with Theo. It seems as if the phone is taken on a route by a person that is firstly hardy and aware that if need be you can transverse the rocks (most likely a person who camps in the area). But more interestingly it seems the person walked a route opposite to the way Theo got there. Was it just a gut feeling to not walk back the way you came as it raises suspicion. I don't know the answer. But they avoided the route from the night before for some reason and they avoided all routes of heavy traffic.

The point they made on the tv program was that the phone moved around the bend of cosy corner without connecting to the tower at the lighthouse. I mentioned it earlier but I wonder how far on a low tide you can make your way around the bend? I saw people fishing in the area I marked on the screen shot. Who if you can make it that far, can you make it further? Could someone have walked Theo’s phone around on a low tide?

Attachments

• F5E46251-D039-4F81-9B7D-5C513D27B355.jpeg
    F5E46251-D039-4F81-9B7D-5C513D27B355.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 22
The point they made on the tv program was that the phone moved around the bend of cosy corner without connecting to the tower at the lighthouse. I mentioned it earlier but I wonder how far on a low tide you can make your way around the bend? I saw people fishing in the area I marked on the screen shot. Who if you can make it that far, can you make it further? Could someone have walked Theo’s phone around on a low tide?

I think you are right someone walked it around on low tide or climbed the rocks. I think it further points to the someone(s) being very familiar with the area. They felt comfortable in this place at night and around the rocks. As I said earlier Byron has many weirdos but not that many would feel comfortable being there at night.

Why make a wifi handshake? It seems TH knew the person he was with for sometime to ask for wifi assistance.

I think you are misunderstanding what they are talking about with the wifi handshake - it was nothing that was purposely done. Phones in close proximity constantly ping each other wirelessly. For example if you walking down a busy street your phone is constantly 'handshaking' with every phone it passes. All it indicates is that there was another phone in close proximity at the time hence it was unlikely he was alone. Whether there is enough info about this 'handshake' to identify who that person was I don't know.

I think you are misunderstanding what they are talking about with the wifi handshake - it was nothing that was purposely done. Phones in close proximity constantly ping each other wirelessly. For example if you walking down a busy street your phone is constantly 'handshaking' with every phone it passes. All it indicates is that there was another phone in close proximity at the time hence it was unlikely he was alone. Whether there is enough info about this 'handshake' to identify who that person was I don't know.

cheers my bad

I am wondering how close do phones have to be to do this. Like is it metres or kms.

ETA Ws thread..
Found Deceased - Australia - Thea Liddle, 42, Northern NSW, 31 October 2019

Interesting that Theo and Thea not only have similar names, but they even look similar too, imo.
Missing backpacker Theo Hayez: Chilling new evidence suggests 18-year-old was lured away by Byron Bay local - NZ Herald
XMZVFGTPAY6WGGBCESF6KD3CZY.png

Theo Hayez disappeared in May 2019.
OEO6GCVSZHXNKOWDAW5YFTY3FY.jpg

Thea Liddle's remains were found during a search in July last year.

Missing backpacker Theo Hayez: Chilling new evidence suggests 18-year-old was lured away by Byron Bay local - NZ Herald
''The case also raised the spectre of the tourist paradise's seedy underbelly of drugs, alcohol, mental illness, and homelessness.

All these factors were considered to have possibly contributed to Hayez's demise.

The new digital evidence unearthed by the Under Investigation programme would be presented at the Coroner's inquest into Hayez's death, Channel 9 said.

The inquest, which starts in November, will also investigate the death of Thea Liddle, which Gamble and Phair believe is linked to Hayez's death.''

Something has puzzled me about the information brought to light in the documentary. And it has to do with the wifi handshake. I admit my knowledge of technology is limited so please help me if you can understand this.

If we take the assumption that Theo meets someone(s) at the rec reserve and follows them. And if wifi handshakes happen by just being near another mobile device. Then why does it take until at cosy corner for this to happen. Wouldn't it have been happening right along the path and all the way up to the beach?

I am wondering if you can have a setting on your phone that turns this off? Or the person is not carrying a phone? And maybe it is the arrival of another person at cosy corner that generates the wifi handshake?

Was it you who mentioned previously about finding a 'Camp'.
Yeah I’m following now. Yeah I saw a couple of camps when I was there. I believe I saw Tommy’s camp (from the podcast) and I saw one up near cosy corner. I haven’t been able to find too much while zooming in around those areas on google unfortunately.

Something has puzzled me about the information brought to light in the documentary. And it has to do with the wifi handshake. I admit my knowledge of technology is limited so please help me if you can understand this.

If we take the assumption that Theo meets someone(s) at the rec reserve and follows them. And if wifi handshakes happen by just being near another mobile device. Then why does it take until at cosy corner for this to happen. Wouldn't it have been happening right along the path and all the way up to the beach?

I am wondering if you can have a setting on your phone that turns this off? Or the person is not carrying a phone? And maybe it is the arrival of another person at cosy corner that generates the wifi handshake?
I don’t know too much about the handshake either but I think you make a good point. If it’s as easy to “handshake” with a phone with wifi then why didn’t it handshake from the rec grounds.

I totally agree cos if he was walking with someone who had a phone, then why didn’t it handshake before the cosy corner handshake?

I wonder if Theo came across someone who appeared like they needed help? Possibly a woman? Of course I’m just thinking out loud, I could be way off base but the 7 mins at the rec ground, the the acceleration of the phones moving speed after the rec ground. Theo leaving his cap behind in the scrub. The actual path taken through the fire trail and dense scrub (when there were easier, less dangerous ways to go). It’s also a path that keeps someone off the grid for a lot of the way too. Then Theo trying to climb up the hill, the constant searching back to wake up hostel.

Just a thought, remember how they said they got the information about the abandoned house in nimbin from a tip-off? If I remember correctly the story goes a few ladies where almost interrogating a man who they believed was involved in Theo’s disappearance, and then the next day the male made the statement that Theo was buried in dense bush land and his belongings from that night were in the abandoned house.

My question is what if Thea was one of the girls interrogating the male in the pub? does anyone know a concrete timeline on the tip-off? Did it come after Thea had already died and been found?

Just a thought, remember how they said they got the information about the abandoned house in nimbin from a tip-off? If I remember correctly the story goes a few ladies where almost interrogating a man who they believed was involved in Theo’s disappearance, and then the next day the male made the statement that Theo was buried in dense bush land and his belongings from that night were in the abandoned house.

My question is what if Thea was one of the girls interrogating the male in the pub? does anyone know a concrete timeline on the tip-off? Did it come after Thea had already died and been found?

I have this feeling too. It would be really helpful to know where TL is throughout this time period. As if we take the assumption TH meets foul play and is at a renowned drug/sex beach. It would be of interest to want to know where this women was at that time. She has direct relation to drug activities, lives and camps in the area and knows all these tracks. Even if she is not involved, the people she is directly related to are the worst people a young 18 would want to meet on a winters night in Byron.

Furthermore, let us pretend the witness who said Theo was with a man and women was right. I ask how many people including locals would feel comfortable on this track at midnight? The answer from the documentary and most accounts is not many. However, we just so happen to have a young women who is camping in that area die some months later. TL appears to be one of the small number of people let alone women who feel comfortable at or around tallows beach at night.

IMO I say dating apps should be explored. It is the easiest way TH came into connection with people right out of his normal circle. Drug dealers and prostitutes use these apps too. It would explain why he seemed to know before leaving cheeky monkeys where he was going. The app was being used to communicate a known whereabouts. The seven minutes happens because he is kicked out and the timing of the connection is rushed.

I am speaking out loud as well!!

Does anyone know where Theas camp was where her body was found? Was it up near cosy corner or further back south beyond the car park where he came out onto the beach from the scrub. Also remember where they came out of the scrub there was an abandoned camp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back