Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not excusing what TT did, i feel for Tialeigh but, at the same time, i feel like celebrating his bashing by another inmate puts me at the same level to that inmate and to TT:
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you"
Friedrich Nietzsche

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh yes. This one makes my Jiminy cricket go into overdrive. But then the laws of mathematics suggest two negatives make a positive. Those laws tend to be synchronised with the nature of things. So who knows.
But sometimes, two negatives can make a positive.

no.. I cant.. .. .. if you mean they would have been leant on from further up the food chain, it was up to them to resist and report such manipulation .. you know, it has to start somewhere.. no..... this was a childs life. They may not have realised that a child was in danger, but it was plain the child was in persistent distress, .. and as for the one who thought the Thorburns were right for Tia, she /he has to go today, that was simply negligent to a criminal degree. No one could be , can be that stupid and hold that position in Family Services.. a 12 yr old girl in a family with 3 adult males around all day.. no. no. no.
I meant manipulated very skilfully, by the foster family.

If the only ones responsible for what happened to Tiahleigh be the criminals why would you agree that the case worker/workers be publicly shamed and be answerable for their actions.

Cindy has made errors which have been quickly and duly forgiven, so why can't the same forgiveness be given for the errors of the caseworkers, who I believe would be doing the best job possible with the resources they have. The department is probably understaffed, they're most likely overworked and yet are expected to get everything right. They probably have many cases similar to this which don't end up with a similar result. If they really thought something like this was going to happen do you not think they would have acted differently.

May best to blame the head of the department and the government for not providing the necessary resources rather than publicly name & shame the workers.
:goodpost:

That's it. I wasn't aware of the ins and outs. Annnnnnd now I am.

So that's the sort of poop up a hill Cyndi is going to have to push and it seems has been since the placement.

Everyone covering their hides. But its ok cause there is going to be an panel about blue cards

:sick:

If only she cared about Tiahleigh as much as she does those horses.

So both Rick and Trent are now in protective custody.
If only Tiahleigh had been put in protective custody. It really annoys me that prisoners get better protection than the victims

Scary that her demeanour doesn't change at the mention of her son being attacked in prison. She must be quite the hardened woman I suspect. What an absolute piece - I can't look at her face without getting angry. The one woman in the house and no maternal instincts whatsoever. How about protecting your foster child you despicable woman. I don't think she should be allowed to go back to the property to look after her horses. LE can organise other people to feed them, she should be nowhere near the property as it's a crime scene. MOO

I haven't worked in a place like DOCS but I've worked in a department dealing with young offenders. It had case workers and psychologists.
All I've ever heard about DOCS is that it's a horrible, stressful place to work with a high turnover of workers. I can imagine how awful it would be having responsibility for children's lives and not enough resources to do the job properly. It's probably the good ones who resign.

The ones I know work their arses off, including putting up with a lot of abuse and looking after kids well out of their scheduled hours and putting their own families second to help other people's kids. And they do care deeply. But it's really hard work, and to some degree to be able to actually do the job you have to keep the emotions at arms length. If you don't you won't last long or you'll have a breakdown.

The other thing is they can't see the future. It's easy to judge the decisions child protection workers make from a distance and in hindsight. But they have to work within a certain legal and bureaucratic framework, and they have to work with limited resources.

The ex foster parents, Pembertons from Gympie, had a very good relationship with Tiah and Cyndi, as stated in the media. I am wondering why they put an end to caring for Tiah, as all was going well with the family. They took care of her longer than any of the other foster parents. Do foster parents only have a certain amount of timeframe allocated to each foster child with the government departments? :thinking:

The ones I know work their arses off, including putting up with a lot of abuse and looking after kids well out of their scheduled hours and putting their own families second to help other people's kids. And they do care deeply. But it's really hard work, and to some degree to be able to actually do the job you have to keep the emotions at arms length. If you don't you won't last long or you'll have a breakdown.

The other thing is they can't see the future. It's easy to judge the decisions child protection workers make from a distance and in hindsight. But they have to work within a certain legal and bureaucratic framework, and they have to work with limited resources.

Its a damned hard job. I don't believe DOCS workers are uncaring. For the most they burn themselves out. Its not a job many could do. They see terrible things.

They said they decided to give up fostering.
The ex foster parents, Pembertons from Gympie, had a very good relationship with Tiah and Cyndi, as stated in the media. I am wondering why they put an end to caring for Tiah, as all was going well with the family. They took care of her longer than any of the other foster parents. Do foster parents only have a certain amount of timeframe allocated to each foster child with the government departments? :thinking:

Its a damned hard job. I don't believe DOCS workers are uncaring. For the most they burn themselves out. Its not a job many could do. They see terrible things.

My SO works for DOCS in NSW. The major things for her that stops her being able to do a better job revolves around resourcing and red tape. simply not enough case workers and too much paper work. Her job is stressful and she has to work with some the most reprehensible people i have ever heard of. As far as I can tell they do the best job they can with the resources they have under a ridiculous caseload. Granted at every work place there are people that do the bare minimum and in this line of work the stakes are so much higher.

For me yes the case worker and government failed this poor girl and should absolutely have done better. But what was done to her by these horrible horrible people can in no way be diminished by someone making a bad decision.

In my mind if it wasn't TP then some other poor kid would have suffered at the hands of this horrendous family and they probably did. These scumbags are busted wide open now and they MUST pay for what they did. That poor little girl. I'm so damn angry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sunrise last week said JT is the boys stepmother but I can't find that particular statement anywhere.

Scary that her demeanour doesn't change at the mention of her son being attacked in prison. She must be quite the hardened woman I suspect. What an absolute piece - I can't look at her face without getting angry. The one woman in the house and no maternal instincts whatsoever. How about protecting your foster child you despicable woman. I don't think she should be allowed to go back to the property to look after her horses. LE can organise other people to feed them, she should be nowhere near the property as it's a crime scene. MOO

I am not excusing what TT did, i feel for Tialeigh but, at the same time, i feel like celebrating his bashing by another inmate puts me at the same level to that inmate and to TT:
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you"
Friedrich Nietzsche

I have to agree. Keep them safe so we can let justice take its course. Its all very well crying for a lynch mob but unless this all goes to court how will we ever know the the truth. If the main players die before tria then it is all pointless. Speculation name calling over someones hair etc won't give any justice to a child who is now dead and will never get to experience all that should be ahead of her. I can understand people becoming very emotional but lets all stick with the facts. None of us really know what the story is at the moment. Trial by FB vigilante style does not bring this little girl back. I guess I won't make any friends with this post .

Sunrise last week said JT is the boys stepmother but I can't find that particular statement anywhere.

That would explain the detachment. I wonder if she is childless?

I have to agree. Keep them safe so we can let justice take its course. Its all very well crying for a lynch mob but unless this all goes to court how will we ever know the the truth. If the main players die before tria then it is all pointless. Speculation name calling over someones hair etc won't give any justice to a child who is now dead and will never get to experience all that should be ahead of her. I can understand people becoming very emotional but lets all stick with the facts. None of us really know what the story is at the moment. Trial by FB vigilante style does not bring this little girl back. I guess I won't make any friends with this post .

You have made friends with me, Champaign. *(Stick with the facts)* sounds good to me. :slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer