Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think poor Toyah was attacked by either an unknown, or a slightly known (but obsessive) individual...?Just MOO

I went through some cairns police posts recently & saw there have been a few sexual assaults in Woree itself, over the past couple of years. Makes me wonder... if someone deviant noticed her??
A few sexual assaults does not mean much. It happens all the time.

It is certainly possible that Toyah's phone was still pinging, whether it was left on or perhaps the perpetrator/s attempted to destroy the phone at Wangetti to dispose of it elsewhere but unbeknownst to them it was still running and pinging once within reception.

In the Jill Meagher case I believe his movements were established in part by his own mobile pinging the same towers as Jills. Whether he switched off or attempted to destroy Jills phone I am not sure.

Has there been any evidence made public by LE to suggest whether Toyahs phone was destroyed or at least attempted to at the beach?

To my knowledge, there hasn't been any information made public about her phone. The whole case has been very tight lipped.

I went through the cctv footage of the cars again, just to see if there are any white holdens in it. Car 21 - that appears slowed down in the vid - looks like one. I almost did a double take :confused: Anyway, I did a google reverse image and it matched with an isuzu d-max. Could it possibly be a holden? I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to identifying cars... Can't see any little stuck up posts for attaching roof-racks (?) which i saw on another vehicle, but my eyesight is fading. Can anyone see them on the roof here?
car 21 is a dmax
the car in the pic bear bear referred was a holden commodore s pack. not even a 4wd ute
so guess that the commodore ute could be Ms but could just be a friend though who took them to the funeral.

moo

There was a small clip on the news tonight, of this man being attacked by a Kangaroo. What I found most interesting was watching his two small dogs' reactions. They went into full protection mode and were prepared to fight off the big kangaroo. Surely Toyah's dog would have done the same, if given the chance.

A Victorian man has been attacked by a roo while trying to save his dogs

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

One thing to keep in mind with any crime case - Once they are (hopefully) eventually solved and an arrest is made, it is not always with the 'benefit' of being solved within a time space similar to that of a TV serial that holds the attention span of the masses. Unfortunately, such a swift resolution is not a cold comfort that is always afforded to a victim's loved ones...

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to keep in mind with any crime case - Once they are (hopefully) eventually solved and an arrest is made, it is not always with the 'benefit' of being solved within a time space similar to that of a TV serial that holds the attention span of the masses...

Very true, you need alot of patience to follow these cases;)

In Carly McBrides case, she went missing on Sep 3oth 2014, she was not found ( deceased ) until August 2016, her boyfriend ( Sayle ) & friend ( Jimmy ) were finally arrested in June 2017 & today we finally got a trial date of May 2019.............

Are there any investigative journalists in the Cairn's area who would be prepared to ask the police just where this investigation is at?
There is a killer on the loose after all.
I would think the investigators have a short list of suspects and there will be a name right at the top, hopefully with an exclamation mark.
A press conference would be nice even if they can't say much.

The poor dog Indie was tied up so tightly she was unable to even sit. Seems a good reason you would do this other than cruelty and concern about digging would be that you are familiar with the dog and know that she is a chewer? A long lead/rope would mean she could have escaped.
I feel the dog was tied up so it wouldnt follow the thing that did this, the dog may of known them . As they wouldnt want to be seen with a large dog following them near the road . <modsnip - no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member