Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, another possibility in my train of thought is that it could be someone who had a grudge against him/them? Let loose one dog (at whatever time) and ofc what happened to Toyah. It doesn’t say who saw the dog, just ‘last seen’. Did they live with anyone else? And no mention that he was also looking for that dog, just that friends were. It’s very odd the beach dog being tied up, but I still wonder if someone else entirely tied up the big dog. It is a little off that the poster has said the dog was found with a ‘smiley face’ but that is in light of what we all know now. Maybe she didn’t know that information at that time.

Yes, I agree that it would be worthwhile to check into that!

Hi Bella and Welcome.

Just to add to others responses. The 10:55pm timestamp is NSW time (that's what I see on my timeline) - in Qld it would be 9:55pm. Something I tend to forget that Qld doesn't have DLS.

Oh yes of course! So when they say she was reported 11pm, that would be QLD time, wouldn't it? So an hour and five mins after reporting about his dog he realised she was missing too?

Time stamped alibi.

Interesting perspective! Though you can make posts like that anywhere these days. It's easier to use your phone than a computer for that sort of thing. If they suspected him they'd have to try and ping his phone to see where it was at the time. I think they can do that anyway, can't they? I think that's what they did to find Karen Ristevski's phone on the day she went missing.

I just keep thinking that Marco's dog got out because .. Marco went to search for Toyah or talk to people about where she was.. Initial stages before you start to really worry and report them missing and in haste forgot to secure the gate or something as equally innocent .

I just keep thinking that Marco's dog got out because .. Marco went to search for Toyah or talk to people about where she was.. Initial stages before you start to really worry and report them missing and in haste forgot to secure the gate or something as equally innocent .

Maybe but I thought they lived in Clifton Beach? I might be wrong there but it's the impression I had. The place where his dog went missing is up around the Port Douglas area, so I don't know!

Maybe but I thought they lived in Clifton Beach? I might be wrong there but it's the impression I had. The place where his dog went missing is up around the Port Douglas area, so I don't know!
MSM has repeatedly referred to her as residing in Woree. In regards to previous question, she worked at a whole health centre in Earlville (a suburb over). I find it intriguing that a certain M reported their dog missing, Jersey, but wasnt out with the family searching the beach at night and all hours, subsequently finding Toyahs body. Toyah was walking dog named Indie. But M is pictured on FB and Insta heroically recovering Jersey from an area suspiciously close to Wangetti on the morning her body was found. If my husband reported me missing hed be searching for ME regardless and we've discussed this in depth.

Last edited:
MSM has repeatedly referred to her as residing in Woree. In regards to previous question, she worked at a whole health centre in Earlville (a suburb over). I find it intriguing that a certain M reported their dog missing, Jersey, but wasnt out with the family searching the beach at night and all hours, subsequently finding Toyahs body. Toyah was walking dog named Indie. But M is pictured on FB and Insta heroically recovering Jersey from an area suspiciously close to Wangetti on the morning her body was found. If my husband reported me missing hed be searching for ME regardless and we've discussed this in depth.

Oh and how odd it is that the people searching for the other dog Jersey, were using a voice recording of M voice to lure her back? Where was he while Toyah was missing? As for the car footage they've released, I wouldn't expect to see any car weve found on social media or Google maps etc. The footage has been edited. They have their suspect, it's a waiting game on an airtight case. Cairns local perspective!

Oh and how odd it is that the people searching for the other dog Jersey, were using a voice recording of M voice to lure her back? Where was he while Toyah was missing? As for the car footage they've released, I wouldn't expect to see any car weve found on social media or Google maps etc. The footage has been edited. They have their suspect, it's a waiting game on an airtight case. Cairns local perspective!
To have such a recording you’d have to wonder if the dog did that often? As if she DID, you’d think there would be other lost/missing posts.

The only thing that seems to be usual with these sorts of murder cases, is the more you look into it the more unusual it all gets.

To have such a recording you’d have to wonder if the dog did that often? As if she DID, you’d think there would be other lost/missing posts.
There weren't any other posts from what I could see, so it is a bit odd. It was discussed a bit in the previous thread, perhaps it was a bit of a diversion for the BF, perhaps someone had come into the house and Toyah left with them or something occurred and that meant the dog was able to escape. It is puzzling.

There weren't any other posts from what I could see, so it is a bit odd. It was discussed a bit in the previous thread, perhaps it was a bit of a diversion for the BF, perhaps someone had come into the house and Toyah left with them or something occurred and that meant the dog was able to escape. It is puzzling.
The distance between where M lived in port Douglas and Toyah was reportedly now living in Woree is 1hour 9 minute drive. She returned home to Woree after the market then travelled to Wangetti, which is well before port Douglas.

The distance between where M lived in port Douglas and Toyah was reportedly now living in Woree is 1hour 9 minute drive. She returned home to Woree after the market then travelled to Wangetti, which is well before port Douglas.
Are there any MSM which advise they were living seperately? Maybe also that could account for large space of time before she was reported missing eg “is she at your place? No, assumed she was at yours...” though the crowd funding mate says they were living together and sharing expenses.

Hi all, I'm new and this is my first post. I have been following this tragic case and, I'm sure like many others, am eagerly awaiting any police updates. I wanted to find a group where I can discuss the case, so here I am.

There is something I haven't noticed anyone bring up. Let me preface by saying I'm sure that Marco is innocent and is in deep pain along with the rest of Toyah's family, so I mean no disrespect, it's just that something is a bit confusing, and that is Marco's post about the missing dog (Jersey) on a local Port Douglas area Buy/Swap/Sell Facebook page, and the subsequent comments under that post. He posted the missing dog alert at 10.55pm October 21st, and Toyah was reported missing to police 5 minutes later at around 11pm (I'm guessing by him because they lived together). What he says about the dog, and the subsequent comments, don't mesh up with the information the police gave out to the public.

In Marco's post he said the dog was last seen around 6pm on 21 October 2018 on a walking track near Spring Creek Falls. His friends went out looking and talk in the thread about leaving food out, and finding it a few days later running around near where they left the bowl. And there is a happy post that includes a picture of him carrying the dog along what looks like a creek bed. No mention of missing Toyah who was last seen with the same dog at around 2.30pm at Wangetti beach. I know it's the same dog because the media reports say the dog is named Jersey, but media reports say she was found at 7.45am 22 October tied up by Toyah's body. So something is a bit off there IMO. I've attached screenshots of the page. Does anyone have any thoughts? If she was missing since 2pm-ish, how can he know Jersey was last seen near Spring Creek Falls, which seems to be a fair distance away, at 6pm? Did the police really find Jersey tied up next to Toyah or did Marco and his friends find Jersey at a different location?

Who’s his witness because someone took the photo of him carrying the dog.

in your opinion, is there a local knowledge or feeling who the suspect may be, without mentioning names of course?

I'd say whoever posted about phone pings earlier is on the right track in regards to the CCTV footage - this tower is directly across the road from the fuel station where the footage came from. Not sure how phone pings work per se, but I'd say this might be the only spot in the area where you can get a phone ping and video footage at the same time. Whether it's the victims phone or the murderer's phone they are trying to link will all come out soon hopefully.

Attachments

• Mobile Tower.PNG
    Mobile Tower.PNG
    592.8 KB · Views: 11
Are there any MSM which advise they were living seperately? Maybe also that could account for large space of time before she was reported missing eg “is she at your place? No, assumed she was at yours...” though the crowd funding mate says they were living together and sharing expenses.

Yes that's right, there's a crowdfunding page for him so they were living together somewhere, and I'd assume it was down towards Cairns and not up towards Port Douglas because that's where the last footage of her was and the media info said she went home for a bit before going to Wangetti beach, so their house can't be up at PD area. So it's a bit of a distance for him to be taking his dog to those falls. I don't like that he appeared to be worried for his dog over her not coming home, and if it's true he never bothered joining the search party I'd say that's highly unusual too. I wonder if they were on the rocks and that could account for them living in different places and him not noticing that she was gone? But if so, it means the crowdfunding for him was not truthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member