Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

You sure would, especially if your beloved dog was also there and under threat. (See her post below to illustrate this point). She would’ve fought as hard as she could. No wonder the police mentioned the attacker having injuries (go Toyah! ). I’m imagining that if she bit him, it’d be on his forearms, and if she scratched him, it’d be on his arms and face. Errghh it’s horrible.

Scratching when you are fighting for your life seems to be a great idea. Allison Baden Clay scratched her monster husband on the face and chest. It was those marks that led him to a long prison sentence.

Scratching when you are fighting for your life seems to be a great idea. Allison Baden Clay scratched her monster husband on the face and chest. It was those marks that led him to a long prison sentence.

I remember that and the big deal about his scratched face and people seeing it. Multiple airport CCTV’s would have RS on camera the day after the murder. Hopefully any images of him from airport security were kept safe, and any visible injuries were captured. If the police raided his home around a month after the murder, you’d guess that they would have found out he’d left the country between weeks 1 and 4. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
someone suggested the murder weapon was a knife, which means he took a knife with him to the beach, if so, why? self defence, to peel fruit?
it was a conscious act to take it with him
im so pleased the poor dogs life was spared, im wondering if its because most indian people are vegetarian and against their beliefs to kill an animal?

someone suggested the murder weapon was a knife, which means he took a knife with him to the beach, if so, why? self defence, to peel fruit?
im so pleased the poor dogs life was spared, im wondering if its because most indian people are vegetarian and against their beliefs to kill an animal?

Most Indian people aren't actually vegetarian. But even if he was I doubt that has anything to do with not killing the dog.

I really hope they find him soon but it seems unlikely to me.

Who suggested that do you remember? I was guessing it was strangulation or blunt force from a rock or something nearby. Carrying a knife makes you think about personal safety, and also a premeditated attack.

Who suggested that do you remember? I was guessing it was strangulation or blunt force from a rock or something nearby. Carrying a knife makes you think about personal safety, and also a premeditated attack.
in my opinion, probably just local rumours but its a possibility like anything else, and would seem premeditated if true

Most Indian people aren't actually vegetarian. But even if he was I doubt that has anything to do with not killing the dog.

I really hope they find him soon but it seems unlikely to me.

Yes, sexual assault is not really about the sex ... more about the violence, power, and control.

The dog didn't need controlling, being already tied tightly to a tree. No need to kill the dog. Can't speak and say who did this, couldn't go anywhere to get help, and might have hurt him even more if he approached the dog.

The presence of a knife would make sense. A threat to make Toyah tie her dog up to the tree. I feel that she would not have wanted her dog to be slashed or hurt with a knife. :(

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking about whether there was a murder weapon and how that would figure into premeditation.
It is hard to tease apart the actual facts in this case without being swayed by SM rumour, unsubstantiated MSM reporting and general assumptions...there is so much that has been left unsaid that it is hard to know what really went on at that deserted beach in the middle of a Sunday afternoon.
Confirmed by police and family comments:
“Visible and violent injuries” - to me, this could include strangulation and bruising... and possibly NO weapon at all used in the attack.
If RS is the same “Indian-looking guy”, naked and acting provocative on remote Nth Qld beaches mentioned in some SM accounts...well it is hard to reconcile a knife figuring in to his MO.
As it is Australia and the guy is a nurse that lives in at a suburban residential address, the odds he owned a gun would be <0.01%... if he had a knife with him, it would not be a knife carried with the idea of self-defence and the idea of premeditaion is way easier to imagine if he was armed with any kind of weapon on a beach (not fishing, not picnicking for eg). A knife just does not fit with a guy with some kind of weird mastubatory perversion trawling beaches...I think if he was armed he is much, much worse than a pervert that snapped...he is some kind of preditory amimal that is and probably has always been a danger to society.

Extract:
Mr Cordingley said in the post that he had recorded a public appeal with the police that was due to be shown on TV this week, but police had decided not to run it due to "the media undermining their investigation".

I’ve been thinking about whether there was a murder weapon and how that would figure into premeditation.
It is hard to tease apart the actual facts in this case without being swayed by SM rumour, unsubstantiated MSM reporting and general assumptions...there is so much that has been left unsaid that it is hard to know what really went on at that deserted beach in the middle of a Sunday afternoon.
“Visible and violent injuries” - to me, this could include strangulation and bruising... and possibly NO weapon at all used in the attack.
If RS is the same “Indian-looking guy”, naked and acting provocative on remote Nth Qld beaches mentioned in some SM accounts...well it is hard to reconcile a knife figuring in to his MO.
As it is Australia and the guy is a nurse that lives in at a suburban residential address, the odds he owned a gun would be <0.01%... if he had a knife with him, it would not be a knife carried with the idea of self-defence and the idea of premeditaion is way easier to imagine if he was armed with any kind of weapon on a beach (not fishing, not picnicking for eg). A knife just does not fit with a guy with some kind of weird mastubatory perversion trawling beaches...I think if he was armed he is much, much worse than a pervert that snapped...he is some kind of preditory amimal that is and probably has always been a danger to society.

Your post has made me wonder whether RS has been reported for lewd behaviour (or similar) before. He may be already known, but has never been charged. Has he gotten away with minor acts and become more bold, resulting in murder? The police appeal for witnesses to weird behaviour on the beaches all the way to Cardwell seems very loaded, and that area covers both sides of Innisfail.

Your post has made me wonder whether RS has been reported for lewd behaviour (or similar) before. He may be already known, but has never been charged. Has he gotten away with minor acts and become more bold, resulting in murder? The police appeal for witnesses to weird behaviour on the beaches all the way to Cardwell seems very loaded, and that area covers both sides of Innisfail.
Ooh I read that soooo tentatively. How anyone processes and survives that depth of pain never ceases to astound me.
Poor man x

I just hope the support around her family continues beyond the arrest.

Extract:
Mr Cordingley said in the post that he had recorded a public appeal with the police that was due to be shown on TV this week, but police had decided not to run it due to "the media undermining their investigation".

I’m sure the police are aware that there is a lot of public concern and fear about what happened to Toyah on the beach, and although we know media can be intrusive -
a public appeal can only help surely?

Some thoughts and context maybe:

1. Innisfail is a small town. Population approx 10,000 people (broader area, not the town itself), Everyone knows everyone in Innisfail, especially if the POI has been there for 9 years.

2. The drive from Innisfail to Wangetti, is approx 1 hour 45 mins. During that drive, you have to go past Cairns city and Cairns airport, and there are many beaches before Wangetti. Etty Bay (which is a super small and beautiful beach just to the South of Innisfail), and Bramston Beach are much closer to Innisfail and nicer than Wangetti. Whilst the family says he 'used to go to the beach to wind down', did he go to just any beach nearby, or did he do the 1 hour 45 minute drive from Innisfail, all the way to the Northern Beaches (Wangetti) of Cairns?? Was he occasionally working relief hospital shifts in or closer to Cairns also, because that would make it easier to visit Wangetti.

3. I speculate he did not go to local Innisfail beaches. Local people in Innisfail just wouldn't do the drive from Innisfail all the way to Wangetti, through the Cairns traffic, just to go to a very northern Cairns beach, when Innisfail have their own beaches, much closer and nicer than Wangetti. I'm speculating he was at Wangetti for a specific reason. He had likely been to that location (or nearby it), previously, and on several occasions. Are there fuel purchases he made out that way previously, that could be validated?

4. If he did drive towards Wangetti Beach - Buchan's Point is on the way, which is the second next beach alongside to Wangetti (after Ellis Beach). Buchan's Point is a known Nudist / Gay Beat / Swingers / Cruise beach and has been since the 1970's. Was he hanging out around this area because of it's known history? (locals know this). Online sex forums regularly mention this location for hook-ups and group sex (I Googled it ...).

5. There have been a few articles about the similarities of this case, to that of Miranda Downe's murder back in 1985, which also happened at Buchan's Point. 9news said POI lived in North Qld for nine years. He would know about Buchan's Point and what goes on there, then. Everyone does.

6. I don't think he went to beaches to relax at all. I think he deliberately went to a secluded beach, looking for sex, and specifically Wangetti / Buchan's because it's the only beach in North Qld with that reputation. You don't just accidentally drive to Wangetti when you live almost two hours south, in Innisfail. And even if you wanted to try and find a less busy or more secluded beach close to Innisfail - when you live in a small town like that, you'll go elsewhere because someone will know you or might see your car at that location, and potentially say something to a work colleague or family member that they saw you there and ask what were you doing by yourself. Being in Innisfail for nine years, he will be known around the community. He's not likely to see anyone who knows him 128 kilometres away at a northern Cairns beach however.

7. It's telling that his family say he was closed off, not talking to them, staying away from them. He was extremely disatissfied with his life, and/or there is something else that happened to cause this withdrawal (and not work stress). As another poster suggested, perhaps he is skating very close to the edge of his fantasies. I think he has likely frequented the Wangetti area multiple times before.

8. Interesting about the family house being on the market for a while. Why did they initially put it on the market in April (OP mentioned April)? Were they intending to buy another another house in Innisfail? It perhaps seems like they were not. Were they intending to buy something else in Australia even? Or as far back as April, were they planning on moving back to India? Were they going to move to Sydney with the sister? A house sale in Innisfail won't likely cover even a smidgen of a deposit in Sydney. What would make them want to move to Sydney? The house has been on the market at least six months because the size of the plants in the real estate for sale advert vs the size of the same plants on the 9news film clip. They've grown - alot. And there is hardly any furniture in the house at all. Had they already packed things up to move and was there a delay?

It seems to me there was a clear reason they were selling (but unsure what that reason is), and things became a bit more urgent reflected by the the big price drop in the house ($35k or 10%). If you had a reasonably stable and good job as an ER, which is a much higher paying job than what you'd get in your country of origin, your young children were at school, why would you change all that? There is something that happened to cause the house to be put up for sale in back April. That issue isn't clear.

8. How long had the POI's father been living with them for in Australia? And exactly why was he living in Australia also, with them? When did he come out from India? How long had the POI's sister been living in Sydney for? Why was he not living with the POI's sister in Sydney, because from an Indian cultural perspective, wouldn't the sister be more likely to look after her father, although the house did have a granny flat out the back.

9. Comms tower pings obviously showed him and/or Toyah's phone, at Lake Placid. My guess is he's taken a very deliberate drive down to the lower (disused by traffic but used by cyclists and fishermen), Kamerunga Bridge, considered that a place to throw Toyah's things off because of crocodiles and it's a very large and wide river, which is why he has driven down Impy Street to get there. The Lake Placid General Store, right on the very corner of Imply and Lake Placid Road, looks like it has security cameras (and most likely does have them because of that suburb). If he's driven to Wangetti or nearby before, then he's seen the lower Kamerunga Bridge on his way.

10. His phone has then likely pinged another tower in Moody Street, near the creek in that area. There is a Health Service nearby there. Perhaps he's been to that area working for Qld Health or knows of the Health Service from his hospital role, and therefore knew of the creek. Otherwise, it's an odd place to just know of, if you live in Innisfail. It's not the kind of place you would just stumble across if you're driving back to Innisfail. You have to be quite deliberate about getting off the road back into Cairns, and onto that Street.

11. I don't think he intended to murder Toyah (speculation of course). Perhaps she fought so much he responded in a way that ultimately caused her death. If this had been pre-meditated, I think he would have considered comms pings and evidence with a bit more care, and at least got the house sale sorted first. He would not have planned this with an unsettled house. I think this was accidental and he has pannicked, which is why his driving was so erratic that several reported it (or was it a white ute?). This was a pannicked man.

12. As others have pointed out, the family is now likely in financial difficulty because the sale of the house is unlikely to be able to be finalised,. Not sure if culturally, the house would be in both names. Did he appoint his father or wife as an enduring power of attorney at all? That might be telling (depends what date it was signed), it's likely he didn't.

13. Interesting the other poster's comments about him staying with his sister the night before flying out of Australia. It's likely the sister and father knew that something had happened, but aren't saying. He would have had to have told his sister that he has to flee, and not to tell his wife. They likely know where he has gone to. I'm sure QPOL have some nice phone surveillance going on.

14. As for his location now, he will very likely be trying to monitor news stories to see Police progress, what info they might have on him and on the case. There can't be too many ISP addressess that come from Amrister, that are pinging Australian news stories. There's your answer maybe..

15. As for neighbours and everyone else being suprised about his capacity to do this, people's opinions of him mean nothing. People's opinions are no indicator of whether he was likely to do this, or not. His family's observations of him being withdrawn and disappearing is what points to the potential. He was not interested in his family or his children or life in general. He was withdrawn and wer're told he stayed away from home. And we don't know what he was doing during those periods. He was likely seeking an outlet at not just quiet beaches, but specifically, secluded beaches. I guarantee it was not to deal with a bit of work stress. And this was probably not the first time he had sought out this particular beach. There are several caravan parks nearby he could have stayed at also (Lake Placid being one, Ellis Beach Van Park being another).

16. How did he get to the airport the next morning? Police will check the bank account (taxi or uber), or else Dad's likely taken him. Do we know if his car is still around? Have Police taken possession of that for forensics? We haven't heard anything about the car.

17. Whenever the photos were taken for the sale of the house, it doesn't look very occupied. But in one photo of the front patio, you can just make out in the left bottom corner, what looks like a dark blue vehicle that could have silver side steps runnning along it and a silver mag wheel (ie, a 4wd), parked in the driveway (it could have been the estate agent's car though, but unlikely). Then, in the police footage of the 68 vehicles they were wanting to speak to, at 36 seconds, vehicle #19, a dark navy blue toyota four wheel drive (maybe 95 model), with silver side rails and silver mags comes through the intersection very very quickly. Much faster than most all of the other cars in the entire footage (20 comes through very fast behind 19 also). It looks like there is only one person in vehicle #19.

19. If #19 was him, he's likely to have left Wangetti Beach around 4.40 pm to get to the Mobil Service Station on Cook's Highway by 5.03pm, he's likely speeding and if he headed stratight to Kamerunga to dispose of items, that's around 10 minutes / 12 kilometres away, so around 5.16 pm is when he might have been at Lake Placid (Impy Street) and lower Kamerunga, and if he then headed straight to Moody Street from there, in that area around 5.30pm.

20. There is speculation about another person being involved. Because it's an area with a reputation for multiple people seeking sex, there well could have been a second person involved in the incident. Car 20 seems to be speeding very fast behind car 19, also. If the POI was in car 19, car 20 would have likely have been a car that saw car 19 pull out from the roadside, wherever it was. Car 20 is perhaps a critical witness in this also, but only if the blue / silver vehicle in the very corner of the house advert is the same blue / silver vehicle going through the lights. I think it just might be.

Apologies for the length but I wanted to capture my thoughts on this.

Attachments

• IMG_20181218_035738-782x782.jpg
    IMG_20181218_035738-782x782.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 11

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members