Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

I, for one, believe QPS know exactly what they are doing. They need more tips and info so they get the place a-buzzing.

We saw in the Karen Ristevski case how they let info be published about the perp, then said they would not comment on an ongoing investigation.
In the William Tyrrell case they have 5 suspects that they would like to appear at William's inquest, but one of them has been a POI for years. They can't be seen to be concentrating on one POI.

It is all strategy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it is difficult for police to gather enough evidence to satisfy a prosecutor. But they do all they can to bring a perp to answer charges.

Last edited:
The media not only gave away the POI's identity, but they also divulged evidence LE has against him before LE even had the chance to question him.

If he's reading up on the articles (which I assume he would be) he now knows that there's evidence his car was seen on camera where Toyah's phone was pinging and he can make up an excuse as to why this could have been. ie; he found the phone.

He knows he's been caught on camera driving erratically, again he can make up an excuse. ie; he'd had a few drinks.

He knows LE pretty much know the exact route he took home and where he dumped some evidence, so he'd be dumb to lie about that.

Obviously they have more evidence than this, but really, I can understand why the Police are angry and playing it down. It truly does have the potential to jeopardise parts of the investigation as they've given him a chance to prepare his answers.

I, for one, believe QPS know exactly what they are doing. They need more tips and info so they get the place a-buzzing.

We saw in the Karen Ristevski case how they let info be published about the perp, then said they would not comment on an ongoing investigation.
In the William Tyrrell case they have 5 suspects that they would like to appear at William's inquest, but one of them has been a POI for years. They can't be seen to be concentrating on one POI.

It is all strategy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it is difficult for police to gather enough evidence to satisfy a prosecutor. But they do all they can to bring a perp to answer charges.
You are right. This could be a police ploy to keep public interest & attention, and place pressure on Singh via the media & public putting pressure on his family & community. That pressure may cause Singh to surrender himself.

The media not only gave away the POI's identity, but they also divulged evidence LE has against him before LE even had the chance to question him.

If he's reading up on the articles (which I assume he would be) he now knows that there's evidence his car was seen on camera where Toyah's phone was pinging and he can make up an excuse as to why this could have been. ie; he found the phone.

He knows he's been caught on camera driving erratically, again he can make up an excuse. ie; he'd had a few drinks.

He knows LE pretty much know the exact route he took home and where he dumped some evidence, so he'd be dumb to lie about that.

Obviously they have more evidence than this, but really, I can understand why the Police are angry and playing it down. It truly does have the potential to jeopardise parts of the investigation as they've given him a chance to prepare his answers.

I actually wonder how angry they are. The media have very detailed information. But my position is changing about how the police are relating to the media.

In the Ristevski case, the police allowed the release of lots of evidence (and kept a lot back, too, we presume). Phone ping data was published, lots of it. Video of Karen's car with someone else driving it was published, with the police all the time saying 'no comment'.
Karen's husband knew they had him from very early on - though the police did not even call him a POI (his lawyer did that) - and even though it took a good year to actually arrest him. Because more evidence was required, and they needed the public's help for this.

We have seen tactics like this before.

Last edited:

It could be a strategic move by the police, and honestly we wouldn’t know half of it. They’d have so much more knowledge, crucial info & evidence than we could imagine, so what’s been released would be tiny. A good defence lawyer would tell Singh to remain silent anyway, or if he was good with thinking on his feet, it wouldn’t be hard making up justifications for being near her phone, driving erratically or leaving the country the next day. The challenge for him is keeping his story/alibi consistent. I don’t think the police are as angry as they could or should be if this leak genuinely interferes with the investigation. I tend to think they aren’t that bothered about the leak, but are probably more concerned with crime stopper reporting ceasing due to the public thinking it’s solved. They’re after more info & evidence.

Yes, by week four they had enough information plus a search warrant to go to and enter his home.

A couple of weeks later they release the 70 car line up clip. Surely they could’ve identified those cars without public help. Where they after dashcam footage or personal recollections of odd driving on the afternoon? Why not release it earlier to better guarantee driver recall & dashcam footage if they knew Singh was a major suspect, out of the country and in one of those cars?

Agree Rocket. After some fairly heavy deliberation, IMO there are two scenarios.
IF GUILTY. People have seen him or his car at Wangetti beach that day. And remembered the plate number. Also people have reported :"THE SAME PLATE NUMBER AND CAR" driving erratically towards Cairns that afternoon. When that vehicle passes you, there is a large chance you would "look at the driver and your passenger too" and notice details. And then bike riders, walkers, picnickers and general public have noted the same things near Lake Placid.
No doubt police would 100% have multiple DNA from the scene, including Indi's.
So why raid his residence in what looked like a complete sweep for no reason.
IF NOT GUILTY. Then he has either witnessed this murder. Or taken part in a sexual with someone else .
Agree. The family picnicking at the time have been interviewed too and were probably crucial to witnessing Singh’s car in the car park.

I have spoken to many Indian Nationals who reside in Australia throughout my employment. As I am a cricket fan I always ask, if they follow the game, considering it is nearly a religion in India, a lot of the "professional " people I have spoken with have said, no. My next question is nearly always." Would you rather live here or India". 99% no actually 100% say Australia?
He knows he has ruined any chance of remaining here. And cannot come to terms with what went down. Especially given the highlighting of DV assaults against women, on MSM here. Good on his DAD for either, trying to get him back as a witness, or get him to face up to his crime.
Why when you have moved from an impoverished country 9 years ago, to a nation with so much higher living standards and opportunities plus a fulltime job, would you up and leave ASAP. And not contact anyone in your family.
Mistress? NO.
GUILTY or involved. HELLO.
Yeah, HELLO.

The way I interpreted the "multiple persons of interest" was not as in it was multiple offenders but more as though they had DNA from one offender at the scene but to be able to cross match the DNA they wanted to test samples from multiple people to determine the one offender ?

Personally I am confident this is the offender and don't believe the police comments that they are not so confident as they admitted earlier that they will be looking into the leak internally.... So there must of been a leak. If it was just the media making stuff up they would call them out on it.

Perhaps the police were able to obtain video or photos of the POI at the airport. Interestingly enough when you enter and leave india they require your finger prints.
True. Who’s to say the police don’t already know exactly where Singh is and are happy for him to sit there for awhile as they tie up all of the loose ends?

There is no way the wife would have gone to India to talk/ bring him back. That would be a senior male's duty. Police have asked for spectualation to stop, but isn't that what we are doing here? I think media would have been stalking the police scanners and HQ and followed them to Innisfail for search of house. Just media doing what media do. I am also wondering if Inspector Sonia might have gone to India to talk to him. That is if he is still alive. He has been tried by media. How could he expect a fair trial now back in Australia? Police know that. I suspect he would know that. No wonder police want everyone to back off.
So sad for Toyah and her family. MSM have a lot to answer for. Think I need a break from WS until police make next press release.

Police have only stated that they want 'elements' of the speculation to stop.

Which elements could this be?

"Speculation surrounding elements of the investigation are not helpful, and have the potential to jeopardise that," the statement said.
"Queensland Police Service will not be providing anything further, other than the investigation is continuing."
Queensland police condemn reports of Toyah Cordingley murder 'key suspect'

They certainly want people to be thinking about this crime more, and helping them more. They need this crime to be kept in the media. They need the public to focus and the outrage to continue. imo

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Indian suspect ‘left Australia after Toyah Cordingley’s murder’
Dec 9, 2018

Police are again appealing for help finding the person who murdered Toyah Cordingley ....
Cops hunting ‘aggressive’ men in murder investigation
November 19, 2018

Police have only stated that they want 'elements' of the speculation to stop.

Which elements could this be?

"Speculation surrounding elements of the investigation are not helpful, and have the potential to jeopardise that," the statement said.
"Queensland Police Service will not be providing anything further, other than the investigation is continuing."
Queensland police condemn reports of Toyah Cordingley murder 'key suspect'

They certainly want people to be thinking about this crime more, and helping them more. They need this crime to be kept in the media. They need the public to focus and the outrage to continue. imo

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Indian suspect ‘left Australia after Toyah Cordingley’s murder’
Dec 9, 2018

Police are again appealing for help finding the person who murdered Toyah Cordingley ....
Cops hunting ‘aggressive’ men in murder investigation
November 19, 2018
Interest in the Singh family & media camped in their street? The police can’t be condoning that aspect.

Wonder what car Singh drives?
How did he get to the airport from Innisfail?
Do the police have his car?
If he carried evidence in it, the police would have searched it. They would also be trying to track its route from Wangetti to Innisfail on the 21st Oct.

If the police can ping a location of the POIs phone and toyahs you would think they would be able to track the phones movement right to his house? I am assuming this is why they searched lake placid as this was on the route he had taken back south. If the police were able to search the suspects house I'm sure they would have been able to obtain his DNA to cross match with the DNA at the scene from a toothbrush, razer ect. So either they have DNA evidence they are keeping quiet or maybe it didn't match ? Perhaps he is more of a witness OR the evidence against him isn't as compelling as first thought with some things not quite adding up which is putting doubt in the police's mind.

Totally different scenario but worth a thought:

I can imagine that the leak was done when all evidence was pointing to him and then they got the DNA back and woops it doesn't match so the police panic when the media release the information as it puts pressure on them to deliver an arrest so they try and take them "certainty" out of the development. Perhaps this is why they didn't inform toyahs family either as it didn't quite work out how they expected.

I hope he doesn’t take his own life - he needs to come back and face up to what he has done and the pain and grief he has caused - not just to Toyah’s family but his own wife and children.
A nurse - a person who to all intents and purposes was a very caring nurse, became distressed when people in his care died.
I was thinking Toyahs killer would be a drug addict, troubled teen, vengeful ex, etc
Does anyone know of any other crimes where the killer has been a nurse or doctor?
(I don’t mean the ones where they kill their own patients)
A male nurse (Australian) attempted to sexually assault me when I was 19 yrs old, we were travelling on a Greyhound Bus from Cairns to Brisbane. He was friendly, we spoke on our rest stops. The thing is, one being in a caring profession doesn't preclude a predator from sexually assaulting or murdering another person. If the perp is frightened of being caught or the victim put up a fight, it can lead to murder.
BTW, my brother is a psych nurse so I'm not casting aspersions on the noble profession of nursing but they have as many sexual predators as in any other profession. Displaying sympathy for a dying patient isn't reliable in gauging if the POI is incapable of sexual assault/murder, one doesn't cancel out the other. jmo

I think you're right, it's a strategy, maybe, they're hoping the POI will surrender or they're organizing an extradition but can't 100% claim Singh is the guilty party, just he needs to be questioned and investigated. Hopefully, he or a friend/family gives him up to the police.

A male nurse (Australian) attempted to sexually assault me when I was 19 yrs old, we were travelling on a Greyhound Bus from Cairns to Brisbane. He was friendly, we spoke on our rest stops. The thing is, one being in a caring profession doesn't preclude a predator from sexually assaulting or murdering another person. If the perp is frightened of being caught or the victim put up a fight, it can lead to murder.
BTW, my brother is a psych nurse so I'm not casting aspersions on the noble profession of nursing but they have as many sexual predators as in any other profession. Displaying sympathy for a dying patient isn't reliable in gauging if the POI is incapable of sexual assault/murder, one doesn't cancel out the other. jmo

I think you're right, it's a strategy, maybe, they're hoping the POI will surrender or they're organizing an extradition but can't 100% claim Singh is the guilty party, just he needs to be questioned and investigated. Hopefully, he or a friend/family gives him up to the police.

I agree - it crosses no boundaries. Sorry that happened to you PS! I hope the situation ended up OK & you were able to escape his slimy-ness? I had a GP, when i was young and naive at 18, give me a breast examination to ascertain whether i was pregnant...! I had missed a period by only 1 week! I knew he was abusing my trust - it just felt creepy. This goes back 30 years when reporting was less common. Since then i can't remember his name although i have searched for it...

deleted rest of message

Last edited:
I have faith in the police & their methods - & we don't know much about what they know. Also media are privy to a lot of information that will never be printed. It certainly sounds like this guy - but as the police say, the case is far from over. If it's him - they may be waiting some time, unfortunately. As for other POIs, there are still people who have to be ruled out, even if he is ruled as the primary POI. Just police doing their job. God, we would hate it if they came into our workplaces and started telling us how to do our jobs, wouldn't we? I'm sure they have the experience necc to do what they do & how they do it :)

The police march to their own drumbeat in these investigations. They can say what they like and put out misinformation, tell fibs in fact the whole box and dice.
I still think MSM behaved very poorly here.
What price a headline?
Don't get me started on paid interviews.
I just hope I live long enough to see justice for Toyah's family. I fear it is going to be a while.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back