Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

A male nurse (Australian) attempted to sexually assault me when I was 19 yrs old, we were travelling on a Greyhound Bus from Cairns to Brisbane. He was friendly, we spoke on our rest stops. The thing is, one being in a caring profession doesn't preclude a predator from sexually assaulting or murdering another person. If the perp is frightened of being caught or the victim put up a fight, it can lead to murder.
BTW, my brother is a psych nurse so I'm not casting aspersions on the noble profession of nursing but they have as many sexual predators as in any other profession. Displaying sympathy for a dying patient isn't reliable in gauging if the POI is incapable of sexual assault/murder, one doesn't cancel out the other. jmo

I think you're right, it's a strategy, maybe, they're hoping the POI will surrender or they're organizing an extradition but can't 100% claim Singh is the guilty party, just he needs to be questioned and investigated. Hopefully, he or a friend/family gives him up to the police.
Actually that's a good point. They are hoping he'll surrender or voluntarily return to co-operate with the police, as they can't quite nail him yet. Maybe the leak was strategic afterall.

So much conflicting info I read he hadn't been in contact with his family for three days before the murder. His brother said he didn't think he's capable but death of his elderly patients was getting to his head. The dog was tied so tightly to the tree he couldn't barely sit down then one article said the dog belonged to her boyfriend not her.... All coming from news articles. Then the next acts as if they aren't looking at him but I definitely believe that's to get at him still

The dog Jersey is her boyfriends dog. I think Toyah lived with her boyfriend and they had a few animals in their home, including Jersey. The dog tied tightly to the tree cane from her family who found Jersey on the beach. I still can’t figure out how you can tie a dog so tightly it can’t sit down, unless it was up high? The story about Singh being absent for 3 days prior to the murder is consistent, as is the brother saying the death of elderly patients was disturbing Singh. I think it’s more confusing what they aren’t telling us.

My first post was about the dog so I just wanted to clarify. The dog Toyah had is Indie (found tied to the tree), the media made a mistake in some reports. Her bf's dog was Jersey, who went missing the same day up near a waterfall and was found around the 23rd.

It’s reported Toyah fought hard and left scratches and bite marks on her attacker.
It’s also reported Singh was seen with scratches & bite marks on the day of the murder.

The police said really early on to look out for anyone with unexplained injuries or anyone missing significant pieces of clothing. They knew very early on that the attacker had been injured. Possibly due to DNA on Toyah’s mouth and under her fingernails?

You’d need to be physically close to someone to see scratches and bite mark/s. Singh’s skin looks quite dark too, making injuries slightly less obvious than on paler skin. His family hasn’t mentioned the injuries, so who saw them? Wonder if he was spotted at Lake Placid and/or Moody Creek?

Connecting those injuries to Toyah would seal the deal surely, but the police supposedly haven’t witnessed them and they’ve possibly healed. Wouldn’t they be a top priority even with him skipping the country?

One report:

“Forensic police are working to get a DNA match taken from Toyah’s body – she fought for her life and it is believed left scratch and bite marks on her attacker – to catch her killer.”

Category: | The Courier Mail

Another report:

“Witnesses saw the man, who speaks Hindi and Punjabi, with visible scratch and bite marks and behaving suspiciously on his return home after his trip to Cairns, it was reported.”

Reported breakthrough in Toyah homicide | Infosurhoy

Last edited:
I actually wonder how angry they are. The media have very detailed information. But my position is changing about how the police are relating to the media.

We have seen tactics like this before.

It could be a strategic move by the police, and honestly we wouldn’t know half of it.

RSBBM

I personally don't think this was a set up between the media and Police. IMO it caused Toyah's family too much stress for it to be a 'strategy'.

Toyah's family apparently received a call that there would be an article about Toyah in the next days paper but LE didn't know what it was about. Wouldn't LE just tell them the info about Singh if they knew it was gonna be public knowledge the next day anyway? Give them a bit of pre warning, ya know?

RSBBM

I personally don't think this was a set up between the media and Police. IMO it caused Toyah's family too much stress for it to be a 'strategy'.

Toyah's family apparently received a call that there would be an article about Toyah in the next days paper but LE didn't know what it was about. Wouldn't LE just tell them the info about Singh if they knew it was gonna be public knowledge the next day anyway? Give them a bit of pre warning, ya know?

That is the bit that I don't understand. The police not knowing what the article would be about. They should have been able to find out easily, if they did not know.

There are police media liaison persons who have a fairly close relationship with the media. The media rely on them for the info the police want released, and vice versa. From what I understand, they generally work fairly closely together ... and when the media step outside the boundaries, they apparently get cut off from any future info/scoop that the police may want to release. (Then the media need to wait and just copy the info from other publishers.)

Perhaps it was a case of one hand not talking to the other? More to do with the police family liaison person not finding out the info in a timely manner and informing the family, before the article was published?

I feel there may have been a screw up internally, miscommunication between departments, and we likely wont hear any/much more about it from the police.

News never sleeps and neither do the Queensland Police Service Media and Public Affairs Branch which now operates 24 hours a day.
Members of the branch come from a range of backgrounds including journalism, corporate communications and operational policing. They are available to provide advice and assistance to the media and QPS members.
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/EventsandAlerts/

Last edited:
I have been thinking, if this guy is indeed the killer, I find it hard to reconcile that he is acting differently lately because of the death of elderly patients at work. If he's been hanging around at secluded beaches, sometimes for days at a time, and even stopped "talking" it brings to mind someone that is perhaps on the edge, with his fantasies leading to greater risk taking. As mentioned by a woman on facebook, she saw an Indian man with his penis in his hand on the beach @ Wangetti, behaving - well, weirdly, which goes without saying. Sure there's lots of indian men around, but regularly hanging around at secluded beaches? Maybe his weird behaviour is because he knew his fantasies were taking him towards the edge, and it was only a matter of time before he knew he would cross the line. Elderly patients dying - sounds like a ruse. MOO

I have been thinking, if this guy is indeed the killer, I find it hard to reconcile that he is acting differently lately because of the death of elderly patients at work. If he's been hanging around at secluded beaches, sometimes for days at a time, and even stopped "talking" it brings to mind someone that is perhaps on the edge, with his fantasies leading to greater risk taking. As mentioned by a woman on facebook, she saw an Indian man with his penis in his hand on the beach @ Wangetti, behaving - well, weirdly, which goes without saying. Sure there's lots of indian men around, but regularly hanging around at secluded beaches? Maybe his weird behaviour is because he knew his fantasies were taking him towards the edge, and it was only a matter of time before he knew he would cross the line. Elderly patients dying - sounds like a ruse. MOO
If he's the sort of person who rapes and murders for stress release, it won't help him much to explain the source of the stress.

If he's the sort of person who rapes and murders for stress release, it won't help him much to explain the source of the stress.
Yes. & if he claims it's stress from old people dying, then that wont swallow well... ! Given he has taken a young life. I wonder if they are looking into deaths at Innisfail Hospital, which someone already suggested?

Last edited:
Yes. & if he claims it's stress from old people dying, then that wont swallow well... ! Given he has taken a young life. I wonder if they are looking into deaths at Innisfail Hospital, which someone already suggested?
But, what if, he was under stress at work from old people dying and other things, so he wagged a few days at work, or more than a few days, took in some nature and jerked off as stress self-medications; then he was spotted being a nuisance, warned by police, couldn't deal with that or the whole situation, job, family, and fled? So he was on police radar from the start, but that doesn't mean he's the culprit, or even that he was at Wangetti at the right time. And all the talk about DNA and scratches is journalists and others being creative?

But, what if, he was under stress at work from old people dying and other things, so he wagged a few days at work, or more than a few days, took in some nature and jerked off as stress self-medications; then he was spotted being a nuisance, warned by police, couldn't deal with that or the whole situation, job, family, and fled? So he was on police radar from the start, but that doesn't mean he's the culprit, or even that he was at Wangetti at the right time. And all the talk about DNA and scratches is journalists and others being creative?
Good point & post JLZ. So he was warned - then fled? Could be possible indeed. I guess that would give credence to why police raided his home? Just the timing is a little coincidental, but i get your point. Maybe he is innocent of murder? But rather guilty of crude behaviour on beaches? Makes sense... But still, I do wonder, giving the timing. Thanks for that perspective tho & you could be spot on of course. I hope we don't have an unknown beach killer out there... :(

Good point & post JLZ. So he was warned - then fled? Could be possible indeed. I guess that would give credence to why police raided his home? Just the timing is a little coincidental, but i get your point. Maybe he is innocent of murder? But rather guilty of crude behaviour on beaches? Makes sense... But still, I do wonder, giving the timing. Thanks for that perspective tho & you could be spot on of course. I hope we don't have an unknown beach killer out there... :(
I don't know whether he was warned. It's just a hypothesis.

Although @JLZ what about his vehicle driving erratically (maybe msm sensationalism again?) & his booking the ticket that night? I guess these dont negate what you said. But haven't police said there maybe a match for his DNA...? I could be wrong. Wish we knew if he was indeed acting strangely at lake placid that afternoon... would explain a lot! But we don't know. But yes, you are correct - if we rely on msm then maybe he is just an odd man & fled at odd timing. Anything is possible!?

Last edited:
I have been looking at the Indian Newspapers - have found nothing yet. Mainly looking at THE TIMES though... It's an english language newspaper. There other english papers i searched through too, to no avail. Maybe there is info i didn't see or missed? You'd think India would print something in relation to Toyah & Raj Singh... but mainly it's just cricket!

Although @JLZ what about his vehicle driving erratically (maybe msn sensationalism again?) & his booking the ticket that night? I guess these dont negate what you said. But haven't police said there maybe a match for his DNA...? I could be wrong. Wish we knew if he was indeed acting strangely at lake placid that afternoon... would explain a lot! But we don't know. But yes, you are correct - if we rely on msn then maybe he is just an odd man & fled at odd timing. Anything is possible!?
I think police have said very little. They admit the fugitive is a POI. The media seem to using a strategy of reporting rumour as fact, then if police comment in correction, that's material for a further story. I think it's because it's north Queensland; they don't do this in big towns, because they would lose too much police news feed in retaliation.

I have been looking at the Indian Newspapers - have found nothing yet. Mainly looking at THE TIMES though... It's an english language newspaper. There other english papers i searched through too, to no avail. Maybe there is info i didn't see or missed? You'd think India would print something in relation to Toyah & Raj Singh... but mainly it's just cricket!
I have found one this morning in „Little India“ (whatever that is, maybe it’s not a real newspaper, just an online thing). It just quoted what our newspapers told. I’ll see if I can find it again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back