Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to sleuth his parents, but I'm wondering what Dad does for a living. GT surely can't afford the apartments he's been living in, he mentions his old place "Circle on Cavil" which is part of Mantra @ $150 per night, I know permanent rental is cheaper but still expensive.

Could there be some clues in these comments made in relation to GT's encounter with the law in 2004 ...

BUT IT was a reproduction of a $50 note found on his computer that shocked police ... He was described by his lawyer as ... having such a talent for making counterfeit money that he stunned federal investigators.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/tinder-tragedy-balcony-plunge-victim-warriena-rrie-tagpuno-wright-on-gold-coast-for-wedding/story-fnihsrf2-1227019228229

It's good they have him in custody, great he's been charged

Murder charge. More than I'd hoped for

Will he get off this time? Forgery. Police chases. Didn't seem to phase him

Let's hope these charges do

And to his family who haven't said a word of sympathy publicly for Warriena and her family

..... you know what I think

Hi everyone, wow I'm so glad to hear there has been an arrest! I feel so badly for Rrie's family.

I lived on the GC for several years and unfortunately GT's type is prevalent there. My close friend actually lived in the Avalon apartments and we spent many a night there drinking and heading off to many of the same clubs he frequented!

I am sure I have photos somewhere of us on the balcony but they must be on my laptop or my old camera as they aren't on my phone. Thought they could be useful to gauge the height. From memory and echoing what another Websleuthers said, the balcony was not one you would comfortably sit on. It was quite narrow and rounded.

Have you seen this story about OkCupid?

OkCupid Admits to Tricking Users into Thinking They're A Match

www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20838602,00.html

Yeah I have read that story - also a few others. I take it with a grain of salt when it comes to using online dating apps. I hear terrible stories on one hand and then I hear of people who have great stories - I also have a friend who is getting married off a match on RSVP. I think it is, as is the case with interacting anywhere on the internet, always important to be careful.

Tostee has experience and I am sure that after recent events, like Baden-Clay, etc. would have realised that shutting up sometimes is the best policy. I have seen many cases where the perp never says a word and unless there is much to back it up, they get off on lighter sentences. Talking is like a noose to those who are guilty.

Here's some info about what has to have occurred to be charged with murder, from the website of Ridge's own lawyers:

Sections 302 of the Criminal Code Queensland states:

A person who unlawfully kills another under any of the following circumstances, that is to say-

(a) if the offender intends to cause the death of the person killed or that of some other person or if the offender intends to do to the person killed or to some other person some grievous bodily harm;

(b) if the death is caused by means of an act done in the prosecution of an unlawful purpose, which act is of such a nature as to be likely to endanger human life;

(c) if the offender intends to do grievous bodily harm to some person for the purpose of facilitating the commission of a crime which is such that the offender may be arrested without warrant, or for the purpose of facilitating the flight of an offender who has committed or attempted to commit any such crime;

(d) if death is caused by wilfully stopping the breath of any person for either of such purposes;

is guilty of murder.

http://www.pottslawyers.com.au/murder-qld-criminal-offence.html

And this is what LE have to prove:

What the police must prove

In order for the Police to prove their case at Court, they must prove each of the following matters beyond a reasonable doubt.

The person is dead;

The accused killed him; that is he caused his death; and

The accused did so intending to cause his death, or at least to cause him grievous bodily harm

It will be necessary for the Police in every offence to prove that the accused was the person who committed the offence.

Is it true .. is it true ..? :thud: Heard the news on the way home in the car. Oh, thank goodness!

We really have to listen to Detective Superintendent Hutchinson, he said that 'we'll see how we go later in the week' .. and it is later in the week!!

Going to read back in the thread now, see what you have all found .... :)

Here's some info about what has to have occurred to be charged with murder, from the website of Ridge's own lawyers:

Sections 302 of the Criminal Code Queensland states:

A person who unlawfully kills another under any of the following circumstances, that is to say-
(a) if the offender intends to cause the death of the person killed or that of some other person or if the offender intends to do to the person killed or to some other person some grievous bodily harm;
(b) if the death is caused by means of an act done in the prosecution of an unlawful purpose, which act is of such a nature as to be likely to endanger human life;
(c) if the offender intends to do grievous bodily harm to some person for the purpose of facilitating the commission of a crime which is such that the offender may be arrested without warrant, or for the purpose of facilitating the flight of an offender who has committed or attempted to commit any such crime;
(d) if death is caused by wilfully stopping the breath of any person for either of such purposes;
is guilty of murder.

Isis -------- sobering

They must have found a lot more than we suspected. Worse than we thought

And possible defences:

Possible defences

Possible defences to this offence include but are not limited to

The person is not dead.

The death was not caused by the actions of the accused

Self defence or in defence of another

Accident

Identification i.e. not the accused.

Insanity

Provocation (This is a partial defence only, which may reduce the charge to manslaughter.)

^ Maybe they'll be putting forward that his intent was to rape, and in the process he pushed her over.

Or he just had a fit of (roid..) rage and shoved her over.

I wanna know. I wanna know what they have on him! Because if they don't have the evidence to 100% prove he intended a serious crime or her death, he'll walk, for sure.

eta omg, imagine a plea of self defense. I can only hope he TRIES it.

Well if his solicitors try to blame social media

will mean they'll have to swing around and point accusingly at their own client this time - Mr. Couldn't Shut Up

I'm going to think positive and firmly believe they will nail his a$$!!!

Just like they did with GBC......:happydance:

Talk about eating my words, half an hour I post '..I'm not very hopeful', he gets arrested! Idk why I have this feeling.. but I still do. Weird, usually I am very confident re arrests, court cases. :dunno: I'm gonna try to stay positive!

Am I wrong in thinking investigators were granted an extra week in which to gather evidence, yet they didn't need it, resulting in today's charges? If so, they must be pretty confident in what they have already -- with more sleuthing they can do at their leisure while he sits safely inside?

What on earth did he leave lying around? Or maybe other people's CCTV nailed it? Witnesses too?

Am I wrong in thinking investigators were granted an extra week in which to gather evidence, yet they didn't need it, resulting in today's charges? If so, they must be pretty confident in what they have already -- with more sleuthing they can do at their leisure while he sits safely inside?

What on earth did he leave lying around? Or maybe other people's CCTV nailed it? Witnesses too?

If he was really drunk (and it sounds like he regularly drank to the point of not remembering anything) then when he fled the apartment, who knows what incriminating evidence he left behind??

Hopefully a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members