Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no idea what is going on any more. Trooper, have you started a band, or perhaps a pizza parlour? Or have you started a cult? If the quotes are anything to go by, you've changed. :laughing:

I have been afflicted with quotebrokeus.. .. :boohoo:

no one has suggested the COroner would do any such of a thing. But the coroner still has the last word. He/she could rule her death as an Open Finding, not being satisfied that she fell to her death due to accident. He/she could find that her death resulted in a desire to commit suicide. The coroner could also rule it an accidental death, .. but no coroner is obligated to structure their Manner of Death certificate predicated on the trial or verdict of a jury. The Coroner cant say that she was murdered by Gabe but the coroner if she/he so finds it, after consultation and investigation , that she was murdered but NOT by Gabe, then that is the ruling that will be made.

The Coroners office is entirely independent, and it's a bit worrying that anyone who claims to be a 'highly trained legal operative' doesn't know this .

BBM: Amen, Trooper, amen!

Isn't there some WS Rule about not discussing each other?

A Coroner is not going to contradict a decision by a Supreme Court Jury. The Coroner's findings are completely predictable. They will easily identify the cause of death. They will not be able to come to a conclusion regarding all the circumstances which lead up to it.

How many times is this going to be posted? Everyone knows this.

At the end of the ACA show tonight TG says the Coroner will investigate Warriena's death.

(quote)
What is a death investigation?
A death investigation is a process whereby a coroner or forensic pathologist seeks to understand how and why a person died. A coroner or forensic pathologist must answer five questions when investigating a death:

Who (identity of the deceased)
When (date of death)
Where (location of death)
How (medical cause of death)
By what means (natural causes, accident, homicide, suicide or undetermined)

Information may be obtained from several sources including, but not limited to family, co-workers, neighbours, doctors, hospital records, police and other emergency service workers. Contact with family is vital as they often have important information that can aid the investigation.
http://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/engl...onersInvestigations/OCC_common_questions.html

Awesome, thanks SouthAussie

No worries. Just try to save the file, okay? It is 3 hours long and if you can't listen to it all in one hit (it is a bit upsetting to listen to, to say the least) the link will probably not be there to go back to.

You can re-open the saved file in Windows Media player or another audio program. There is a better one to listen to it through, I just can't remember what it is called. Ausgirl mentioned it before, and that is how I initially listened to it, a couple of years ago.

Also, if you save the link elsewhere and listen to it, my Dropbox file might not crash under the load of too many listeners. lol

No worries. Just try to save the file, okay? It is 3 hours long and if you can't listen to it all in one hit (it is a bit upsetting to listen to, to say the least) the link will probably not be there to go back to.

Yeah the bit i heard on ACA was more than enough for me. Poor girl, :(

yes, and it's an interesting procedure.

What the Coroner is starting off with is the fact that Gabe Tostee has been found not guilty of her murder, or her manslaughter, but it isn't within the Coroners remit to say WHO killer Warriena..

The Coroner isn't bound by any jury verdict at all, and it isn't the reason why the Coroner has been waiting to perform his./her coronial duties, it is because this is the normal and gazetted procedure for a Coroner. In any death in which the coroner is involved. Once the police become involved in their investigations the coroner , under who's protection and jurisdiction the body of Warriena has been all this time, stands aside and prepares to do his/her job after this court matter is resolved.

No one is arguing the cause of her death.. There is an old joke around coroners offices, 'what did he die of? ' and the standard answer is 'lack of oxygen' which is what we all die of , in the end. Basically.

Qld and VIc and NSW and South Australia, Tas and WA and ACT , I don't know about the NT, all have a Coroners website, and anyone who wishes can look up any death, by murder, or accident or misadventure going back years, year by year, and all the recommendations the Coroner makes that are obligated to be pursued by various govt offices...

here is the website for the QLD coroners office.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/courts/coroners-court/findings

You can re-open the saved file in Windows Media player or another audio program. There is a better one to listen to it through, I just can't remember what it is called. Ausgirl mentioned it before, and that is how I initially listened to it, a couple of years ago.

The free progam is Audacity. http://www.audacityteam.org/ Brilliant program, I've been using it for years.

And me too. Today is not a good day to upset people and we need to vent.

Yes, we do need to vent. And commiserate with Warriena's family.
If these so-called legal buffs cannot explain to us, with any specific accuracy, the answers to this previous post of mine, I am just not interested.
So far, no attempt has been made to answer my questions. And I do not want an attempt if it is not specific.

"I think we are all still struggling to understand why ALL of the evidence was not allowed. How many times we have heard the judge instruct the jury to consider all of the evidence.
It is very difficult to understand why that was not the case in this trial.
We have heard that it is because of 'legal arguments'. But what legal arguments? What precedences (or whatever) can dictate such a thing? And why has this not happened before?"

Yes, we do. If these so-called legal buffs cannot explain to us, with any specific accuracy, the answers to this previous post of mine, I am just not interested.

"I think we are all still struggling to understand why ALL of the evidence was not allowed. How many times we have heard the judge instruct the jury to consider all of the evidence.
It is very difficult to understand why that was not the case in this trial.
We have heard that it is because of 'legal arguments'. But what legal arguments? What precedences (or whatever) can dictate such a thing? And why has this not happened before?"

I totally agree. I certainly am not used to this kind of Trial. It's almost like the judge gave the jury nothing to deliberate IMO.

And me too. Today is not a good day to upset people and we need to vent.

If people wish to vent, fine, but I really would ask they not 'vent' at me personally with outbursts I can make no sense of. My posts do not address individual Members here. They do address the facts, the issues under discussion and my views on them. Is that not what any Forum is fundamentally about?

If people wish to vent, fine, but I really would ask they not 'vent' at me personally with outbursts I can make no sense of. My posts do not address individual Members here. They do address the facts, the issues under discussion and my views on them. Is that not what any Forum is fundamentally about?

Please then refrain from posting as if you're an expert when you are not in fact an expert, as per the rules. Thanks.

Driving out of work this afternoon there was a big rainbow on the horizon, where the gold coast would be. At least it is over for now.

yes, and it's an interesting procedure.

What the Coroner is starting off with is the fact that Gabe Tostee has been found not guilty of her murder, or her manslaughter, but it isn't within the Coroners remit to say WHO killer Warriena..

The Coroner isn't bound by any jury verdict at all, and it isn't the reason why the Coroner has been waiting to perform his./her coronial duties, it is because this is the normal and gazetted procedure for a Coroner. In any death in which the coroner is involved. Once the police become involved in their investigations the coroner , under who's protection and jurisdiction the body of Warriena has been all this time, stands aside and prepares to do his/her job after this court matter is resolved.

No one is arguing the cause of her death.. There is an old joke around coroners offices, 'what did he die of? ' and the standard answer is 'lack of oxygen' which is what we all die of , in the end. Basically.

Qld and VIc and NSW and South Australia, Tas and WA and ACT , I don't know about the NT, all have a Coroners website, and anyone who wishes can look up any death, by murder, or accident or misadventure going back years, year by year, and all the recommendations the Coroner makes that are obligated to be pursued by various govt offices...

here is the website for the QLD coroners office.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/courts/coroners-court/findings

This is fascinating. I had no idea these existed. Well, the QLD findings are a lot easier to access than the VIC ones are.

I hope when the coroner has released their findings it will answer some questions and everything will finally be put to rest. This trial has answered absolutely nothing, it's merely gotten GT off the hook.

Reading some of the findings now ... wow ... so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow