Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Programme. I saw/heard nothing not already concluded in discussions about the matter here and elsewhere. There was certainly nothing there which would give a second prosecution any chance of even getting off the ground. If that Inquest is held, perhaps there, the last piece of the puzzle, that object he disposed of, will be resolved. So.....nothing new Folks.

Great, perhaps you'll let others discuss what they've seen and heard uninterrupted then?

I do get it, but the only reason you know it's potentially odd, is that it was recorded and you get to listen to it. There's probably hundreds upon thousands of odd things that have happened, that you will never be able to judge because they weren't recorded.

I subscribe to "Dash Cams Australia" on youtube. Where real life situations/accidents are recorded. I watch these recordings and are bewildered by the reactions and actions I see of the people who have just been through a traumatic experience. IMO many people wouldn't think they would act like the dash cams recordings show, but time upon time watching these I see odd/strange/abnormal reactions.
Excellent point , JD , and its funny how so many people just dont get this. Also how certain people say they know exactly how they would react in a stressful situation, and I know that one week in an SAS training camp would make them learn the fallacious nature of making such statements, because when under duress, NO ONE knows how they will react , unless they have been conditioned to react in certain way to stress through training. Everyone is an expert, until a real life situation comes along....

Great, perhaps you'll let others discuss what they've seen and heard uninterrupted then?
Go for it! I'm sure your are able to do what you propose without my consent. You'll forgive me if I make the occasional comment, I'm sure.

Excellent point , JD , and its funny how so many people just dont get this. Also how certain people say they know exactly how they would react in a stressful situation, and I know that one week in an SAS training camp would make them learn the fallacious nature of making such statements, because when under duress, NO ONE knows how they will react , unless they have been conditioned to react in certain way to stress through training. Everyone is an expert, until a real life situation comes along....

How do you know what situations the people posting have been in, or not been in?

I watched the Programme. I saw/heard nothing not already concluded in discussions about the matter here and elsewhere. There was certainly nothing there which would give a second prosecution any chance of even getting off the ground. If that Inquest is held, perhaps there, the last piece of the puzzle, that object he disposed of, will be resolved. So.....nothing new Folks.
Yes exactly as I said before it aired...how would I know that? Trust the Dust!

No it's not a rumour. It's my opinion and that of many people who've followed this case. Ignore it all you want. Your opinion doesn't interest me at all.
Sheerlocks opinion interest me though. PLs continue Sheerlock.

How do you know what situations the people posting have been in, or not been in?
Good point Loz. Have you ever been on Tinder, met up with some <modsnip> like Tostee alone, bought some beer, gone to his Apartment within minutes of meeting him, had a romp in bed, consumed the beers and some moonshine, got into an argument during which you tell him your are going to smash his jaw and all sorts of silly ridiculous stuff, tossed a few rocks at him and around his Apartment, then assured your Host it was okay, then grabbed a weapon and tired to kill him with it, and then bundled out to his balcony. What would you do next?

Can I throw in a question to the posters who are in support of GT - what do you aim to achieve in this thread? What's the goal?

Can I throw in a question to the posters who are in support of GT - what do you aim to achieve in this thread? What's the goal?

To discuss whats happening with the situation, no goal, no one wins a prize, its a discussions forum, to discuss.

Good point Loz. Have you ever been on Tinder, met up with some idiot loser like Tostee alone, bought some beer, gone to his Apartment within minutes of meeting him, had a romp in bed, consumed the beers and some moonshine, got into an argument during which you tell him your are going to smash his jaw and all sorts of silly ridiculous stuff, tossed a few rocks at him and around his Apartment, then assured your Host it was okay, then grabbed a weapon and tired to kill him with it, and then bundled out to his balcony. What would you do next?

If you revisit your previous post, you were talking about situations of stress and when under duress. My comment was with regard to that. Please keep my comments within context.

Well.....that excludes me. I am not here to support Tostee. No-one is in a personal sense. Those whom you think are mindlessly supporting him are, more correctly, supporting the Judicial Process and the outcome of that process in this matter in the State of Queensland. Is it okay if I toss that question back at you? What do you aim to achieve in your lack of support for that process and the outcome? Do you think the Queensland Attorney-General is busy as we speak re-drafting that process which has been arrived at after a few centuries of developed common law and statute law just because a few do not agree with what was always going to be the outcome?

&#8220;Are you kidding?&#8221;
&#8220;Well, no. I mean ...
&#8220;There&#8217;s no purpose to looking over the edge? What, to see if she&#8217;s alive, to see if she&#8217;s OK?&#8221;
&#8220;No, no, because that&#8217;s just, you know, kneejerk curiosity and, like I said, I was deeply concerned by what had happened to her.&#8221;
&#8220;You were so deeply concerned, Gable, that from her death scream to the next event, which was you calling your lawyer, was 35 seconds.&#8221;
&#8220;I froze on the spot and I thought, &#8216;I need to do whatever is the most rational thing to do at the moment.&#8217; I needed advice. I needed advice from somebody impartial.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...w/news-story/1b6c1a7704315564a8c0098a70c544ab

Oh my...

The strain of the past two years was most obvious in Gray Tostee, the only member of the family who came close to showing emotion in the interview, at one point getting close to tears as they were asked about the verdict.
Both he and his wife Helene expressed an unwavering belief in their son&#8217;s innocence, with Mrs Tostee, in particular, adamant her son had done nothing wrong.
She said the murder charge, laid a week after Ms Wright&#8217;s death was hard to process.
&#8220;I didn&#8217;t know why it was happening, to be called an accused murderer. My son. Knowing the type of person that he is &#8212; caring and considerate and thoughtful of others. Never harmed anyone else,&#8221; she told Bartlett.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...w/news-story/1b6c1a7704315564a8c0098a70c544ab

To discuss whats happening with the situation, no goal, no one wins a prize, its a discussions forum, to discuss.

Perhaps we could keep it to discussions of just that then, rather than trying to tell people they're wrong for their opinions and quoting people to ridicule them or to personally attack?

Let's just ignore comments that do not fit with our own views and move on. Unless there is hard evidence to the contrary.

Just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member