NOTGUILTY Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #12

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by MsAnais, Aug 9, 2014.

1. purpleandgreen

purpleandgreen Well-Known Member

Category: | The Courier Mail

More testimony from Gable Tostee?

It's paywalled, but here is its essence:

ALMOST two years after he was acquitted over the high-rise death of his Tinder date Warriena Wright, Gold Coast playboy Eric Thomas - formerly known as Gable Tostee - could be facing more questions over the tragedy.

Glitter Strip Bare can reveal that a coronial investigation into Ms Wright’s accidental death is continuing, with a possible inquest still being considered.

2. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Good on this Coroner! There is certainly more to this story. Things Warriena was not alive to retell. imo

Probably worth a mention, too ... Coroner McDougall is the sitting coroner in at least two other 'accidental death' inquests - the Dreamworld accident where 4 people died, and the death of Strictly Ballroom actor Jo Shintah in a freak boom gate accident at Pacific Fair shopping centre.

Maybe if Tostee's liability is confirmed by the coroner, for Warriena's death, her family will take him to civil court and sue the pants off him.

However, South Eastern Queensland Coroner James McDougall has launched a probe into Ms Wright’s death.
    In the event an inquest is held then Tostee will be a key witness.
    The Courier-Mail - September 11, 2018

3. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

How can you sue a poor person?
    Now daddy is in the carpet business and iirc he employs his usless son.
    I hope daddy didn’t give that usless, good-for-nothing-loose-canon son stakes in that family business.

Hint, hint, that should be a useful asset.

4. purpleandgreen

Such a nice bloke:

Gable Tostee lashes out at ‘screeching alpha fembots’ | Daily Mail Online

Gable Tostee, also known as Eric Thomas, has lashed out at 'alpha fembots' who he claims are fixated on 'victim blaming' after he was accused of being a misogynist.

In a Facebook post last year Mr Tostee wrote, 'The best cure for feminism is a good root,' accompanied by a photo of a raised middle finger.

5. purpleandgreen

Category: | The Courier Mail

Gable Tostee could face new inquiry over date’s death

THE man formerly known as Gable Tostee could still face an inquest into the horrific highrise death of his Tinder date Warriena Wright.

But Mr McDougall has not ruled out a coronial hearing into Ms Wright’s death.

While Tostee could technically face fresh charges over Ms Wright’s death, legal experts say there would have to be new and compelling evidence uncovered by Mr McDougall.

A Justice Department spokeswoman told The Sunday Mail that investigations were ongoing.

Have had to omit a lot of extraneous text due to copyright. But this is the jist of it.

I so hope he has to go to inquest. Justice for Warriena.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 11:20 PM
  6. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Wow Thanks p&g but I thought he had been acquitted so wouldn’t that come under double jeopardy law?

7. purpleandgreen

8. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

9. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Whoa ... he is still as nasty as ever! Can't keep his nasty comments off social media, can he?? Guess he didn't learn one darn thing from Warriena's death, or the trial, or what he has put his parents through.

Fabulous news that the Coroner is still investigating. He is not going to get off scott free, if they can help it.

I hope this is followed up by a big wrongful death lawsuit by Warriena's family.

Now, I must get back to reading my paperbacks and crying myself to sleep ...... [​IMG] [​IMG]

'Then, they go back to reading their true crime paperbacks and crying themselves to sleep.'
    Gable Tostee could face fresh charges over the death of a Tinder date who plunged from his highrise Gold Coast apartment

JLZ, Really?, they'll get you and 2 others like this.