NOTGUILTY Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #2

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by MsAnais, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

Thanks so much for that info elwyn. :seeya: Very interesting.

2. Ausgirl

Ausgirl ...

3. elwyn5150

elwyn5150 New Member

The rise was purely physiological. :puke:

I think the tone of the piece captured that he was a creep.

4. Ausgirl

Ausgirl ...

Tostee’s three-and-a-half hour mobile phone recording reveals him pleading with Ms Wright to stop being violent.

“Do you even remember what you were doing to me half an hour ago?’’ he says at one point. “You were beating me up for no reason. You thought it was funny or something.’’

Ms Wright says: “Exactly.’’

“This particular section … commences at about 2.12am with sounds and conversation as if the deceased is throwing something at the applicant and he is exclaiming ‘ow’ and gets annoyed,’’ a document filed by the Crown states. Ms Wright is then heard calling Tostee “sexist’’.

“Yeah, right, I am the one who is injured. You don’t have a goddamn scratch on you,’’ he tells her.

The argument escalates.

“There are sounds of slapping and the applicant saying ‘let go, let go’.” the court document states. “The sound of restricted breathing continues for 78 seconds and only stops when there is a sound of something dropping.’’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...d-coast-highrise/story-fnihsrf2-1227051943391

A bit more of the conversation, there...

The first part I bolded is what struck me previously - "beating me up for no reason"... I believe that was said specifically for the recording, he HAD to have knowledge of what sort of sex they were having by then. Making her look psycho, for lulz on the forum, likely. Gaslighting - someone said that earlier. I think you're right.

He is slapping her -- and 78 seconds is a long time to be choked.. terrifying. I wonder what dropped.

5. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

6. Ausgirl

Ausgirl ...

7. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I am very curious about this ^^^. What did they need to stop and park for? Did they need to discuss this and figure out a plan of action, and not include the mother in the planning? Did they need to get rid of some evidence? Why did they need to stop and park? Evidently, it needed to be where police would not notice them.

8. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I guess they had a burning desire to stop and listen to the recording in a concealed place.

9. SouthAussie

Eeew .. yes, I think you are right. Why on earth would he want his dad to listen to his intimate (murderous) evening with a girl?! Why would he even admit to recording it? Definitely sounds as if his dad knew he had recorded this kind of stuff before!

So, did they mess with that recording, then leave it in the car to be accidentally-on-purpose 'found'?

10. Suthrnqt

Suthrnqt Verified Luddite

O/T
    For those here who follow Holly Bobo's case, her remains have been found. :grouphug:

11. Ausgirl

Ausgirl ...

OMG... thanks for that, Suthrn

12. SouthAussie

13. MsAnais

14. MZD

MZD New Member

Look I totally agree re her being in the scene, and when you look at the original photos of her that were published - the pink wig, nose piercing, fake eyelashes and corset - it's very different from the more natural Rrie shots that are published now. It looks a bit alt-sceney. Not that there's anything wrong with consensual rough sex, nor is anything wrong with flirting with the BDSM scene.

IMHO it was clearly a pre-arranged hook-up - from the timeline they went back to his house almost straight away - so probs they had spoken about what they wanted/were going to do in some aspect. Pulling up that conversation from his phone would be enlightening I would think.

I think the sex histories are important because it shows what type of sex they would be interested in - in Rrie's case, could a history of consensual partners etc; in Tostee's case (if he's a sexual sadist) elements of BDSM could've been suddenly forced on unaware partners historically or they have escalated - and show what is/is not out of character and what is consistent.

Again in the Brimble case, it was found that she was drugged and participated in sex acts under the influence that she otherwise would not have otherwise perpetrated (ie sex in front of other men). The same could said for Rrie if rough sex was not usually part of her interests. Also, be interesting to see if she usually became rough when drunk.

15. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

I'm of the same thinking Frigga, this is gas-lighting. There is another 'secret' recording GT posted on the BB forums where he mind ***** this poor Swedish girl. He makes her feel stupid and small. These type of men make my skin crawl. They can abuse a woman every which way. :mad: JMO

16. SouthAussie

BBM: I remember on the BB forum, there were posts by Tostee saying how he really liked girls with that look, it was his favourite look, but those girls never liked him.

17. BreakingNews

BreakingNews Well-Known Member

Autism is a spectrum taking on many different characteristics. Aspergers is on that spectrum. Some people can be so high functioning that it is never properly diagnosed. I know someone who is moderately functioning, and he is an absolute whizz at figures and scores. OCD can also be a symptom. eg methodically recording all his conquests and highlighting the ones he didn't like. The body building forum would have provided a great place for him to show off.

BTW, my son has Aspergers.

18. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

Where have we heard this before? :waitasec:

19. MsAnais

Well that's interesting! I didn't know that! Of course those girls wouldn't be attracted to him - he's Tom Cruise preppy :facepalm:

20. MsAnais

Oh yeah! And it came out just fine in GBC's case, didn't it?! Hopefully the same happens here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.