NOTGUILTY Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by MsAnais, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelbourneSleuth

MelbourneSleuth New Member

Wait.. What??[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Well-Known Member

I have my copy in Dropbox and will put link up for a short period after the verdict.

3. sleepinoz

[video=twitter;788232897790513152]https://twitter.com/GregStolzJourno/status/788232897790513152[/video]

4. Ziggie88

Ziggie88 Member

Is there any possibility you would be kind enough to send it to me after the trial?. :)

5. sleepinoz

[video=twitter;788233224715546624]https://twitter.com/GregStolzJourno/status/788233224715546624[/video]

6. Makara

Makara Former Member

Greg Stolz ‏@GregStolzJourno [video=twitter;788233224715546624]https://twitter.com/GregStolzJourno/status/788233224715546624[/video]
    Judge says he's been handed another note from the jury asking more questions. #tostee

7. Ziggie88

Ziggie88 Member

Thankyou kindly!
    I would love to hear the full audio. I have followed since day 1 have just not had the chance to hear the full audio. :)

8. sleepinoz

[video=twitter;788233655126634496]https://twitter.com/kimbo_stephens/status/788233655126634496[/video]

9. Makara

Makara Former Member

Sorry Sleepinoz, if you're good to go with the tweets, I'll but out.

10. MelbourneSleuth

MelbourneSleuth New Member

Wow!
    These poor jurors!
    Can't doubt they are wanting to make the absolute correct decision, one that can't be taken lightly.
    What a case!!

11. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

No matter the outcome, imo, there's some strong characters in this jury, not afraid to ask questions, not afraid to buck the status quo or deadlock, whichever it may be.

12. sleepinoz

:) Thanks I'm ok for now

13. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

Gabe's recording.
    Was that sought to be included by the prosecution or the defense as evidence?

14. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Well, there should be evidence of the item. There should have been far more emphasis placed on that item ... by the police, by the prosecution. imo

(I know I'm late with this comment, but it just ticks me right off!)

15. sosocurious

The transcripts, which were filed by Queensland police in the Brisbane Supreme Court in opposition to Mr Tostee's bail application, allegedly detail minute-by-minute conversations between Tostee and Ms Wright inside apartment 1404 just before her death on August 8.

They reveal controversial comments including the moment a male voice was heard saying 'you are lucky I haven't chucked you off my balcony, you goddamn psycho little b****'.

Following the transcripts' publication across a variety of media outlets, Mr O'Gorman expressed his concern over the threat it caused to justice, saying it was 'absolutely worrying'.

'There is a view that access to court documents in respect of matters before the court has the potential to prejudice potential jurors at a later date,' Mr O'Gorman told The Brisbane Times.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lawyer-second-attempt-bail.html#ixzz4NP6OoiEd

Then bingo .... the full 199 minute recording pops up on social media.
    Not to mention a couple of photos of the accused apartment with a black video and bracket plonked on the coffee table. Together with that explanation of the accused version of events.
    Yet I recall he did not co-operate with the police preferring to maintain his silence.

The judge has been clear in stating to the jury, the transcript is not the evidence the recording is. Concentrate on the 6 minutes.

R'rie mother did not want the recording played in court and tried to stop that occurring. Not happy with the judge allowing it.

Holt said just imagine if Gabe did not record the evening. The murder trial would depend just on what the witnesses heard. Of course it would have relied on what witness had heard coupled with the transcript from Gabe's own recording.
    Maybe Tostee would have had to take the stand to explain, if there were no sound effects.
    That would have been very interesting.

IMO

16. Makara

Makara Former Member

Both I would say.

17. Elde Fruit

Elde Fruit Former Member

It was part of the Crown case. Defence called no witnesses.

18. meticulously

meticulously Former smartphone blogger

Good to see some specific theories in true websleuth fashion ! Yes eldefruit , selfies are on the balcony although some media releases contradicted that and said inside the unit . Obviously outside & presumably time was spent there at times of the night . He tells father "we had sex in bed" because his father may know how gabe has sex on the balcony ( stated in a bb thread ) so that explains the wierd "sexinbed" obviously was suggesting how they werent "doing it" on the balcony . The palm prints big question is WAS a print from a hand hanging from the outside ? & was she clothed (top half )

sent from a tiny cheap gadget

19. sosocurious

Is a recording a witness?

20. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

This is about the best thing I have heard from the judge's mouth. And it gives the jury the latitude it needs to come to the correct decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.